• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Can we get a general consensus on training certain body parts?

Kellkell26

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So calves and abs. Ive been told no point in training them and then told to train them 4 times a week or more. What gives?

Is it really necessary to train abs if working every other body part well? If it is necessary, how much?

You're never going to get a consensus. Everyone has their own thoughts and everyone probably responds different to training.

When I never do abs, my core tends to get a little weak. When I get back to training I'm going to throw in a little ab work once a week. Maybe twice.

Calves are the same way. Mine seem to respond better to moderate volume with very high intensity and extreme stretching. Some guys do them every day the train.

You're never going to get a consensus. Everyone has their own thoughts and everyone probably responds different to training.

When I never do abs, my core tends to get a little weak. When I get back to training I'm going to throw in a little ab work once a week. Maybe twice.

Calves are the same way. Mine seem to respond better to moderate volume with very high intensity and extreme stretching. Some guys do them every day the train.
I do abs and calves a lot. Why not train them is my question?

I do abs 4x per week, but I am trying to get abs lol. If you're not on juice, this probably would be 2-3x pw.

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

Comes down to the individual, I know guys who have great calves and never trained them once in their life. Same for abs. For others we need to work those body parts in order to make them look good.

Eod training for calves seems to work well for a lot of people. For me, my calves get terribly sore and that method only seemed to make me walk around funny everyday. Moral of the story, figure out what volume and frequency you can recover and progress from and go from there.

So calves and abs. Ive been told no point in training them and then told to train them 4 times a week or more. What gives?

Is it really necessary to train abs if working every other body part well? If it is necessary, how much?

It’s a bit weird as the weekly schedule that works for someone can not work for someone else. Different bodies, different challenges, etc.

Talking about hypertrophyc I came to an understanding that for results any muscle group should be trained at least twice per week and also around 2-3 days to recover them.

It’s a bit weird as the weekly schedule that works for someone can not work for someone else. Different bodies, different challenges, etc.

Talking about hypertrophyc I came to an understanding that for results any muscle group should be trained at least twice per week and also around 2-3 days to recover them.
48 hours is enough time with proper sleep and nutrition.

So I guess I'm going to train them 2-3 times a week time permitting. How long do you spend on them? Calves I spend about 20 mins and abs about 10-15. I feel thats all thats really needed.

So I guess I'm going to train them 2-3 times a week time permitting. How long do you spend on them? Calves I spend about 20 mins and abs about 10-15. I feel thats all thats really needed.
4 sets will do the job if you're going to failure or close to failure.

I do abs 4x per week, but I am trying to get abs lol. If you're not on juice, this probably would be 2-3x pw.

Yeah mine get super thick when I work them too much. Especially on gear and GH. They definitely pop more though

I definitely feel it in my lower back when my ab training start to slack or i get lazy with it. As for calves i honestly gave up and went to synthol injections which worked great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train em if you want

Don’t train em if you don’t want

I think for strongman or powerlifting guys it’s not important but for those cut dudes with them cum gutters you might wanna give her a try. Why not?

experiment a lil

Bodyfat indicates whether you have abs or not. Training them directly really only goes so far lol

Calves I do twice a week. Abs I do between 800 t0 1000 per day.

Everyone is different.

Seen guys with no calves work the hell out of them every training session and they grew. I see guys that never work them and I see guys that just don’t care.

im going to work mine 4-5 times a week. Heavy some days , light the next or heavy every day. Just whatever, I’m going to train them. At this point they will grow or they won’t.

of course my stability in training has been questionable the past few years. But I think I have enough handle on life to at least get a steady 6 month run.

I prefer eod.

“no point in training them” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I train abs and calves every workout always with intensity slow negatives, drop sets, rp, forced reps, etc. my favorite for calves is work up to a weight you fail at about 20-30reps and keep going until you get 100 reps. John Meadows has a lot of good info on calf training. The DC calf workout is a beast as well. You really want calves to feel like acid is being poured on you leg

Back