• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Dr wants to put me on a statin

thewannabeskibum

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just got my biannual trt bloods done. Total t came back at 1141 and cholesterol was 140 LDL, 25 HDL, 181 total.

Dr is asking if I want to go on a statin (at 29 years old)

My question is for what we do I don’t see anything wrong with those numbers outside of HDL being low. Which is hereditary in my family but we have no history of cardiac events. Would you guys change anything?

I train bodybuilding when building, “CrossFit” when I’m cutting. Fair amount of cardio. Very light cycling. Test only and a few sarms here and there I add in EQ every once in a while. No tren, nandrolone etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDL is borderline high. I would take some Niacin, Bergamot, maybe some fish oil and get retested in 6 months.
TRT can cause those number to skew like that also, which are not that bad. You are young and no family history.

I wouldnt go on them without trying some OTC things I mentioned first.

Hahah statin FOR THAT??? FUCKOUTAHERE

my cholesterol has been over 270 total for about 12 yrs now.... Ldl hovers around 177...... Hdl is anywhere between 40-60

And i might be getting the shot instead of statins

You do not need a statin, i on the other hand...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That’s kinda my thought, I hover right around that, I’ve used niacin, fish oil, strictly clean diet etc and I got my HDL ALL the way up to 39 lol dad had a calcium deposit score earlier this year and it was 0. My grandfather has been 300+ lbs for 20 years with highish cholesterol and his scans are all great.

The risk of a statin just seems way more than the risk of cholesterol at this point to me.

Next question, would it be beneficial to get the script to use on cycle? Or just let it go where it’s going and take proper time off?

LDL is borderline high. I would take some Niacin, Bergamot, maybe some fish oil and get retested in 6 months.
TRT can cause those number to skew like that also, which are not that bad. You are young and no family history.

I wouldnt go on them without trying some OTC things I mentioned first.
This. Bergamot is the big one imo. Works really well. Get a quality brand like Jarrow

No way I take statin I don care what the number says. My total Cholestrol is 170 and clean diet and carderine does it. My grandmothers cholestrol was over 300 at age 93 and she never took statin in her life. She passed away at 95 of natural causes.

Ok great thanks for the opinions guys, that’s what my thinking was just needed some reassurance lol

IML Gear Cream!
Just got my biannual trt bloods done. Total t came back at 1141 and cholesterol was 140 LDL, 25 HDL, 181 total.

Dr is asking if I want to go on a statin (at 29 years old)

My question is for what we do I don’t see anything wrong with those numbers outside of HDL being low. Which is hereditary in my family but we have no history of cardiac events. Would you guys change anything?

I train bodybuilding when building, “CrossFit” when I’m cutting. Fair amount of cardio. Very light cycling. Test only and a few sarms here and there I add in EQ every once in a while. No tren, nandrolone etc.

At 29 and at your levels? No, you do not need a statin.
But they do have their purposes. Most people on these boards are against them, but I’m not. I’ve used a very low dose statin to lower LDL and raise HDL and keep inflammation in check while on the gear, including something like anavar. I’m talking 2.5 mg every other day of Crestor. That’s very low considering most take 5mg to 10mg per day.
But I’m also 50. I didn’t start until I was 49.
The best advice for you, keep the gear moderate, work out hard, and keep check on your bloods. Add niacin if you want to raise the HDL. Every few years get a heart echo. At 40+, get a coronary calcium scan to see where you are in terms of any plaque buildup. Family history is very important as well.
You’ll be fine.

At 29 and at your levels? No, you do not need a statin.
But they do have their purposes. Most people on these boards are against them, but I’m not. I’ve used a very low dose statin to lower LDL and raise HDL and keep inflammation in check while on the gear, including something like anavar. I’m talking 2.5 mg every other day of Crestor. That’s very low considering most take 5mg to 10mg per day.
But I’m also 50. I didn’t start until I was 49.
The best advice for you, keep the gear moderate, work out hard, and keep check on your bloods. Add niacin if you want to raise the HDL. Every few years get a heart echo. At 40+, get a coronary calcium scan to see where you are in terms of any plaque buildup. Family history is very important as well.
You’ll be fine.
Thee only time i took a statin was crestor, 5 mlg per day for 1 week guess what happened..... BLOOD CLOT!! Dvt in left calf..... Nope cant touch them

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

don't. Big Pharma at work. Those numbers are literally normal. The only time it MIGHT be appropriate would be if you'd had a heart attack then the normal range drops lower.

FWIW. I am a doc, and there is a lot of pressure to put people on statins, its become a Medicare quality measure.

Who do think is really funding these measures/politicians?

drbabar

don't. Big Pharma at work. Those numbers are literally normal. The only time it MIGHT be appropriate would be if you'd had a heart attack then the normal range drops lower.

FWIW. I am a doc, and there is a lot of pressure to put people on statins, its become a Medicare quality measure.

Who do think is really funding these measures/politicians?

drbabar

How in the world is prescribing medication a measure of quality care?!? Our system is so jacked up.

Before going on a statin I would try other options, such as (not saying all at once):

Niacin: 250-500mg (watch out for the rush on 500mg and above)
Citrus Bergamot 50% PolyPhenols- 1000mg
Trans-Resveratrol- 1200mg
Ubiquinol (CoQ10)- 200mg
Bilberry- 2400mg
Red Yeast Rice- 600mg
Grape Seed Extract- 150mg
Policosanol- 20mg
Artichoke Extract- 500mg
Beta-Sistosterol- 2000mgs

The risk of a statin just seems way more than the risk of cholesterol at this point to me.

Correct! Lot of negative sides, and they don't even (really) lower your risk of anything. It's like a diabetic using Insulin to cheat a glucose tolerance test. Medically hiding a problem from a test isn't the same as fixing the problem. It also show your doc is VERY out of touch with the last decade of research on cholesterol. The whole LDL being "bad" as a whole has been totally debunked at this point. Without a particle breakdown the number is pointless.

Back