• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

What kind of steak boys?

caballo_calvo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey fellas,

I’ve been doing chicken and rice forever and recently started doing Clean Ass Taco Tuesdays with my wife and daughter.

My daughter, who will be 3 pretty quick, can eat a 10 ounce steak while watching Makaveli Motivation no problem, so I think we’re off to a good start!

She really only likes New York Strip or Rib Eyes, so that’s not gonna be an everyday kinda thing.

I did want to start eating one steak meal a day and I’ve been doing Top Round steaks. Turns out she’s a fan too, most of the time!

Thought this cut was pretty lean, just wondering what you guys are eating. Thoughts on animal fat? IIFYM? Stan Efferding? Cholesterol/heart health... all the good stuff!

Thanks boys!

**my HDL is low normal, LDL high normal. Currently 125 mg rest cyp, M/WF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison or Flank Steak or Skirt Steak works for me! Also 96/4 ground. I have a grinder so, that is helpful w chuck roast and brisket mixes.

Max

Bison or Flank Steak or Skirt Steak works for me! Also 96/4 ground. I have a grinder so, that is helpful w chuck roast and brisket mixes.

Max

A grinder!! That’s an awesome idea! Thanks!

“my HDL is low normal, LDL high normal.“

Leaner is better, be sure to get some quality fiber in there as well. I’m a big fan of top sirloin as it can be found marked down frequently at my local grocer. I like to coat with salt and let it sit for a couple of hours, draws the water out and improves the flavor, just quick rinse and dry before cooking.

When my fat intake is higher like it is right now, I eat a couple of chuckeye steaks a day. Cheap and delicious. Otherwise I will do shaved beef steak (think like Mongolian bbq) and make a plate with rice and veggies

If it's not fatty, get it the fuck outta my face.

Filet, ribeye, prime rib.

EXACTLY, what's the point of flavorless steak? It would be one thing back in the 90's when we truly though saturated fat would clog our arteries and kill us. We know that's not true now so good tasting steak it is!

I love sirloin and A-1 sauce

Its super lean and tastes amazing

Funny I did a self experiment years back. I ate only chicken and other meats for 3-4 months, no red meat, and then I did only red meat for like 3-4 months.

I got way way bigger off the red meat, steak primarily only diet, and way way stronger. Even though the caloric value was about the same.

I can't explain why.

A tomahawk steak is pretty special...

I am making a prime rib for Xmas. On a rotisserie. Should be amazing

That is an all time favorite!! Damn spendy! But for Christmas! May as well. I am going with a full Prime Rib on an thick bed of Rock Salt! All the good herbs and spices, au jus, horseradish.
Mmm delicious!

Max

That is an all time favorite!! Damn spendy! But for Christmas! May as well. I am going with a full Prime Rib on an thick bed of Rock Salt! All the good herbs and spices, au jus, horseradish.
Mmm delicious!

Max

Yeah, going to be like over 200.

I ordered it and picking up Thursday.

I always over spend. Sometimes I wonder why?

After Christmas I must be down a few thousand between hosting and gifts for everyone.

Sets me back a little.

Yeah, going to be like over 200.

I ordered it and picking up Thursday.

I always over spend. Sometimes I wonder why?

After Christmas I must be down a few thousand between hosting and gifts for everyone.

Sets me back a little.

Well, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Hope that it comes back 10-fold in the form of Love and Happiness. I do the same thing; my account balances all go way up! Since April, my food and supplement costs have risen significantly. Due to boredom, more self conscious about my health and micro managing my diet and workout. I am kind of lucky in that my family is sooo huge that we all agree not to buy presents for everyone; just immediate family. I have over 85 first cousins alone! It would be disastrous unless they all want a pack of Bubble Tape{gum} from the liquor store! ⛄️Lol ! I went to a joint in Las Vegas that sells the Tomohawk Ribeye Steak and the price was in ounces!! Lol. One time deal! I have never matched the quality that day but surprisingly; I have found some Texas and New Zealand Farmers that are Raising Kobe, Waygu, and Prime Graded meats. They definitely are not as good as the true kind which I definitely have had many times going to Japan a lot. They actually will make deals if you take the time to call them during business hours. I give them the old sales pitch and all that; they lower the per lb price or give me a discount that is not on the internet. I even ask for WES15! Lol

Max

I love sirloin and A-1 sauce

Its super lean and tastes amazing

Funny I did a self experiment years back. I ate only chicken and other meats for 3-4 months, no red meat, and then I did only red meat for like 3-4 months.

I got way way bigger off the red meat, steak primarily only diet, and way way stronger. Even though the caloric value was about the same.

I can't explain why.

Good to know, gonna have to try that myself and see what happens. But as far as the a-1 sauce goes, that’s just gonna be a no go for me. I would prefer like a garlic butter sauce, chimichurri or like a peppercorn sauce.

“ I always over spend. Sometimes I wonder why? “

It’s just the way some of us are hardwired brother, I’m the same way. I figure I work my ass to death for the money so I should enjoy it however the hell I want ya know ?!?!!?

Filet
Ribeye
T-Bone/porterhouse

Side bar: lamb, deer, gator tail, rattlesnake

Filet
Ribeye
T-Bone/porterhouse

Side bar: lamb, deer, gator tail, rattlesnake

Sidebar: ALL GAME MEATS : Ultimate Favorite is Elk! I used to get it all the time; now ; rare! Very rare.

Max

Sidebar: ALL GAME MEATS : Ultimate Favorite is Elk! I used to get it all the time; now ; rare! Very rare.

Max

Unfortunately I’ve never got to try elk or bison but mos def looking forward to it. I’ve eaten everything else you can think of growing up on a farm though from opossum to water moccasin

Get Shredded!
Unfortunately I’ve never got to try elk or bison but mos def looking forward to it. I’ve eaten everything else you can think of growing up on a farm though from opossum to water moccasin

I definitely have had rattlesnake; so lean. They sell it out in the desert. Mostly jerky, but gator; OMG Fried w Red pepper sauce and Ranch! When I was a kid, my papa would make that! Gator Tenderloin he’d say! Lol.

Max

I definitely have had rattlesnake; so lean. They sell it out in the desert. Mostly jerky, but gator; OMG Fried w Red pepper sauce and Ranch! When I was a kid, my papa would make that! Gator Tenderloin he’d say! Lol.

Max

Yezzir I killed my first gator at six years old and have loved it ever since. Still gotta Polaroid of me with my first kill.

Best gator tail sauce IMO is mayonnaise, mustard and some lowerys Cajun seasoning all mixed together in a bowl.

Best gator tail sauce IMO is mayonnaise, mustard and some lowerys Cajun seasoning all mixed together in a bowl.

I make that for battered French Fries ! Lol. We have similar tastes! In fact; I am going to buy some gator tail and make some w my Christmas Prime Rib Dinner for 2! Side dish. I always make like alot of mezze/tapas type platter/s before we eat. I am salivating now! Time to grill my chicken tenderloins and 96/4 beef patties! Lol

Max
What is your go to Cajun Seasoning? Anyone?

Hey fellas,

I’ve been doing chicken and rice forever and recently started doing Clean Ass Taco Tuesdays with my wife and daughter.

My daughter, who will be 3 pretty quick, can eat a 10 ounce steak while watching Makaveli Motivation no problem, so I think we’re off to a good start!

She really only likes New York Strip or Rib Eyes, so that’s not gonna be an everyday kinda thing.

I did want to start eating one steak meal a day and I’ve been doing Top Round steaks. Turns out she’s a fan too, most of the time!

Thought this cut was pretty lean, just wondering what you guys are eating. Thoughts on animal fat? IIFYM? Stan Efferding? Cholesterol/heart health... all the good stuff!

Thanks boys!

**my HDL is low normal, LDL high normal. Currently 125 mg rest cyp, M/WF

I love Tri-Tips right now, and Petite Filets

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just made up some sirloin in the instant pot last night because I was short on time.

Browned it with salt and pepper and a little EVOO, then sauteed the onions and garlic until fragrant. Used 1/2c dry white wine to deglaze the pan, then when the alcohol was gone I added 1 can of whole stewed tomatoes, 1tsp dried thyme, and a little white pepper. Put the meat back in the pot, added beef broth until almost covered. Pressure cook for 60 minutes on high. Turned out awesome for a simple recipe.

c8a8ddef7a54ba925c0bf77a10f5e33e.jpg

One eats Bone In Porterhouse, the other Filet Mignon! Lmao Guess?

Max

Back