• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Input and critique needed

Dsquared227

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Critique and give input please

I’m 6’1, 25 Yo, 18% body fat @ 250 lbs. (31% @245 August of 2019) I’ve done 2 12 week cycles of test since I went to get bloods done a year ago and found out my natural test is low anyways. (286)

Been a blue collar worker since I was 17 and traveling for a living and was never around the gyms. About 2 years ago I finally got in at a power plant and that enabled me to be home everyday and get into the gym routine. (Few friends are body builders, almost all my friends lift) I seem to be stuck at 250 lbs and 18-19% body fat. My lifts are not where I think they should be at my body weight (295 bench, 455 deadlift, 405 squat) and I’d like to get down to 10%ish bf.

Nutrition - the last year I was loosely dieting. I was meal prepping chicken thighs, rice, and broccoli. 2-3 meals of it a day ( I wasn’t weighing than but I’d guess 160-200G rice and 4 oz chicken thighs) and than whatever my wife was making for dinner with the occasional fast food and restraunt eat outs.

A month ago- I decided I want to get serious about all this and cracked down to a plan of 5 meals a day and 2400 calories (maintain around 3-3.5k I’ve noticed).
M1 - 200g egg whites + 2 eggs with 1/2 cup oats
M2 - 5 oz chicken breast/ 1 cup green beans
M3 - 5 oz cod / 160G jasmine rice cooked
M4 - 2 scoops whey
M5 - 5 oz flank steak / 6 oz white potatoes/ 60g asparagus

Training 6 days a week resting sundays, with 25-30 min light stair climber (130hr) to end every other lift. Apple Watch says my lifts are burning about 1k calories, I’m not having weak lift sessions by any means.

And I’ve been sticking to that with 1 cheat meal a week and haven’t really changed any numbers on anything at all. Any Inputs on what I’m doing wrong or could I possibly have a thyroid deficiency or hormonal imbalance of some sort? Thanks guys.

Just a thought. Have you thought about backing off the heavy weight lifting, concentrating more on cardio and losing the body fat before going big on the weights? Cut the weight in half, up your tempo. No rest in between sets. If you do, 45sec tops. Keep the heart rate up. I'm no professional nor am I a nutritional guru. However, I have used this method and it worked for me. Your meals look right though.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you are eating roughly 200g protein, 100-125g carbs, and 20g of fat per day. So 1400ish calories per day. You are starving yourself and are going to end up eating up muscle. I’d go to 3000 calories per day for a few weeks, 300g protein 300g carbs 70g fats. And slowly lower fats as needed down to 40 per day, and then start lowering carbs as needed.

I’ve been in your same shoes. Try this: 300g protein/150g carbs rest days, 220g workout days)/90g fat. Have a cheat meal once per week. Limit workouts to 4 sessions per week. Right now you are starving yourself and not resting. That’s a recipe for your body to pump the brakes hard.

Back