• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Best lower body training strategies!!

Yeah he’s definitely intelligent! Good refresher! Thanks

Klinkster

Also check out some Tom Purvis videos too. He use to be the head trainer for NASM back when it was good and when I got my cert before he started RTS.

https://youtu.be/tPo5gpVrA9E

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this guy gives very good instruction and wisdom that takes years to learn with intuitive training, in other words, not just following the crowd of “xyz style” or “abcstyle” “heavy weight” or “high volume” will yield this result or that result. another great post Sam :twothumbs:

this guy gives very good instruction and wisdom that takes years to learn with intuitive training, in other words, not just following the crowd of “xyz style” or “abcstyle” “heavy weight” or “high volume” will yield this result or that result. another great post Sam :twothumbs:
I agree. Thanks big dawg

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Yeah I've been following Coach Thibaudeau for years now. I'm actually using one of his programs right now in my log. I've noticed this video in my youtube feed but will hopefully watch it tomorrow. The guy is a book of knowledge and can train any bodytype.

Yeah I've been following Coach Thibaudeau for years now. I'm actually using one of his programs right now in my log. I've noticed this video in my youtube feed but will hopefully watch it tomorrow. The guy is a book of knowledge and can train any bodytype.
How do you like it? Would you recommend? I assume yes

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

How do you like it? Would you recommend? I assume yes

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

It's a routine I've used off and on for years and it's the type of routine I personally respond best to. Google "Easy-hardgainers 2". It's a basically a 4-day upper/lower hypertophy oriented split, followed by a 3-day fullbody strength focused split. Pretty basic really, but I like how the routines are put together with a variety of exercises, with a focus on heavy weights and higher intensity coupled with lower volume.

IML Gear Cream!
And yeah I'd totally recommend it to people who don't respond well to once per week bro splits. It's likely you are someone who needs less volume, but higher frequency. Everyone's body is different. Some people can smash a bodypart once a week, recover maintain that new size/strength until the following week and progress just fine. What happens with others including myself is that I'll smash a bodypart and it still recovers fairly quick, no matter how many sets I do and it is already regressing and losing fullness and conditioning by the time the 7th day rolls around, so I'm basically spinning my wheels, or atleast gaining slower than I could be, especially for legs. I'm amazed at how many people train legs once per week, yet hit upper body 3-4 times a week - it's just madness.

It's a routine I've used off and on for years and it's the type of routine I personally respond best to. Google "Easy-hardgainers 2". It's a basically a 4-day upper/lower hypertophy oriented split, followed by a 3-day fullbody strength focused split. Pretty basic really, but I like how the routines are put together with a variety of exercises, with a focus on heavy weights and higher intensity coupled with lower volume.
Will do! I actually trolled around his site a bit since asking you that. One more question. How long does it take you to finish the workout? I ask because I generally have about 75 mins of free time for gym

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Will do! I actually trolled around his site a bit since asking you that. One more question. How long does it take you to finish the workout? I ask because I generally have about 75 mins of free time for gym

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

I move slow through my workouts, partly because I train at home so it takes time to set-up for different exercises and change weights on dumbbells in between sets. I end up resting 3-4 min between sets, so my upperbody days lately have been taking about 90 min and lower body days closer to an hour. I'm sure if you are proactive you could knock out every workout in an hour or less. Christian preaches 45 mins tops for cortisol control, but I'd have to fly through 5-7 exercises to make it in 45 mins and I just don't like training fast to where it's almost like a circuit.

Basically if you think you fit the bodytype mentioned in the easy-hardgainers article, then you likely have the genotype described below. Which is essentially a fast-twitch dominant ectomorph, aka ecto-mesomorph.

"A Type 3 with ACTN3 RR is what I used to call an “easy hardgainer”.

Typically a Type 3 will have more slow twitch fibers but if a Type 3 has the ACTN3 RR gene it will give him a higher ratio of fast twitch fibers and more capacity to recover from training and building muscle.

Physiologically they can tolerate a fair amount of volume in a session. Type 3 can do a high amount of volume in a session and the ACTN3 RR gene allows them to tolerate even more while still having positive recovery.

HOWEVER they still have the nervous system of a a type 3 meaning that they tend to be anxious and produce a lot of cortisol which can negate some of the benefits of having the right muscle composition to build a lot of muscle.

They will do better with:

1. an emphasis on eccentric loading (slower eccentrics or even eccentric overloads)
  2. rep schemes in the lactic glycolysis zone (sets lasting 30-60 seconds). With an eccentric of 4-5 seconds (rep duration of 6-7 seconds) we are talking in the 4-8 reps range
  3. focus on few big basic lifts and do them frequently (2-4 times per week)… a daily undulating periodization (DUP) might be a good approach here, but still staying in the proper set duration range
  4. 3-4 weekly sessions to be able to better control cortisol levels
  5. 3-6 work sets per exercise (depending on reps and phase) with about an equal number of gradually heavier warm-up sets"

Last edited:
I move slow through my workouts, partly because I train at home so it takes time to set-up for different exercises and change weights on dumbbells in between sets. I end up resting 3-4 min between sets, so my upperbody days lately have been taking about 90 min and lower body days closer to an hour. I'm sure if you are proactive you could knock out every workout in an hour or less. Christian preaches 45 mins tops for cortisol control, but I'd have to fly through 5-7 exercises to make it in 45 mins and I just don't like training fast to where it's almost like a circuit.

Basically if you think you fit the bodytype mentioned in the easy-hardgainers article, then you likely have the genotype described below. Which is essentially a fast-twitch dominant ectomorph, aka ecto-mesomorph.

"A Type 3 with ACTN3 RR is what I used to call an “easy hardgainer”.

Typically a Type 3 will have more slow twitch fibers but if a Type 3 has the ACTN3 RR gene it will give him a higher ratio of fast twitch fibers and more capacity to recover from training and building muscle.

Physiologically they can tolerate a fair amount of volume in a session. Type 3 can do a high amount of volume in a session and the ACTN3 RR gene allows them to tolerate even more while still having positive recovery.

HOWEVER they still have the nervous system of a a type 3 meaning that they tend to be anxious and produce a lot of cortisol which can negate some of the benefits of having the right muscle composition to build a lot of muscle.

They will do better with:

1. an emphasis on eccentric loading (slower eccentrics or even eccentric overloads)
  2. rep schemes in the lactic glycolysis zone (sets lasting 30-60 seconds). With an eccentric of 4-5 seconds (rep duration of 6-7 seconds) we are talking in the 4-8 reps range
  3. focus on few big basic lifts and do them frequently (2-4 times per week)… a daily undulating periodization (DUP) might be a good approach here, but still staying in the proper set duration range
  4. 3-4 weekly sessions to be able to better control cortisol levels
  5. 3-6 work sets per exercise (depending on reps and phase) with about an equal number of gradually heavier warm-up sets"
Wow!! Good freakin answer!! Thanks big dawg. Appreciate the time brother

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Back