Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PED Disclosure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

PED Disclosure

When you guys go to the Doctor, do you disclose your PED use? Why or why not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Fuck it why not that way they don't wonder why your shit is out of wack..I went just to have bloods done 1st time my dr asked any reason you want to have your bloods checked? I said yeah just to make sure I'm healthy...nxt time I came in he said ok you have over 2500nm+ of test we don't even know what it really is..your blood pressure is high cholesterol is high any reason why? Yeah I take a shit pot of juice..my doc wasn't cool with it told me I'd be dead in like a mth..so I went to a different one he was cool gave me insight on things I already had in mind..next time I go with ins ill be on trt most likely

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Really depends where you live. You live where I do, no doctor will treat you if you disclose it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

I think having drís specifically to deal with your PED use is wise. Shop around for an endocrinologist and a good TRT clinic. I only ever use my primary care doctor for illnesses, physicals, etc. Iím young though. I get opinions on my PED use from a TRT doctor. He thinks Iím an idiot. But at least heís willing to work with me. If anything goes sideways he sees dollar signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Rep Points

Hard no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,010 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    Hard no.
    Yeah me either. No reason for them to know unless you know they're truly trustworthy.

Once I meet a doctor that I'm confident is comfortable with it, understanding, and knowledgeable, I will not disclose my use. My current doctor may be, but I don't know yet.

Any doctors that do any shady shit like testing for things that are not necessary (total test, LH, FSH, etc) without disclosing what and why they are taking for it, are not trustworthy. If they do that, they're trying to catch you lying and therefore aren't worth the trust.

Most don't need to know. If they pull that crap, they're trying to find the easy way out instead of actually digging in to find the actual problem. Most will immediately blame the gear for the issues. Which may be correct, but usually aren't unless you have an underlying condition or are really abusing gear.

If you have an issue, you need to evaluate why you are yourself. If you don't have enough knowledge to do that yourself, you need to rethink the choices you've made and perhaps take some time off to learn and reflect. Or just live and die by the sword you've chosen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,010 Posts
    Rep Points

Also, a doctor "being cool with it" isn't good either. They should be concerned, but they should be open to talk with you about it themselves and tell you whether or not they have the knowledge to deal with it themselves. If they're just "cool with it" they don't care about your health and just want your money.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,570 Posts
    Rep Points

Ofc not. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    723 Posts
    Rep Points

mine asked me what kind I was taking- not IF I was taking. she said 57 year old guys don't have this much bulk/ muscle tone unless they LIVE @ the gym and eat perfectly, and even then it's next to impossible. so I just took it as a compliment, and figure if I have some sort of aas related prob.,she'll be able to help me. BUT-she said NEVER let the insurance co. find out or i'll be dropped like a hot potato. At least I know she can be discreet-lol AND yes she's HOT
    Last edited by hot rod; 11-25-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    Rep Points

Had my 1st visit with my new family Dr. and I told him..He just shook his head and said I don't understand..But Rod is right,if you are older like us,it's hard to hide..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    mine asked me what kind I was taking- not IF I was taking. she said 57 year old guys don't have this much bulk/ muscle tone unless they LIVE @ the gym and eat perfectly, and even then it's next to impossible. so I just took it as a compliment, and figure if I have some sort of aas related prob.,she'll be able to help me. BUT-she said NEVER let the insurance co. find out or i'll be dropped like a hot potato. At least I know she can be discreet-lol AND yes she's HOT

This was my concern, insurance finding out. Both medical and life insurance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,857 Posts
    Rep Points

No. As already mentioned, docs will blame the gear for everything. You have the sniffles? Quit taking gear. Most primary care physicians know jack shit about trt, nevermind tren. And you definitely don't want that shit getting back to your insurance company. Period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    Rep Points

No, do not. If you are trying to get on TRT, and use or have used gear, and your levels are all of whack and the doc you are seeing to try to get TRT from is suspicious, you can say you have taken or are on pro-hormones. There are "legal" pro-hormones you can buy online or at certain fitness stores. The abuse of these pro-hormones can, of course, cause hormonal imbalances. You can blame those and the doc will/should be somewhat sympathetic. He will probably scoff and be indignant about the shady supplement industry, who knows what are in those supplements, you have no idea what you are taking, etc, etc.
    Play dumb and innocent about it.

Its a better option than admitting illegal steroid use.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,950 Posts
    Rep Points

Absofuckinglutely my Dr knows I use aas.

He is also about the twelfth Dr I approached and asked about ped use before I found one who understands it and was comfortable with seeing me.

There is absolutely no down side to having a second set of knowledgeable eyes monitoring your health as long as they themselves understand what anabolics do in the body.

I mean, what the fuck else are you going to do? Ask one of us on the forum or some guy on a podcast? You think we know it all? Fuck no. We might have experience but, do you REALLY think we know as much as we think we do? We don't and anyone who says they do is full of shit.

I'm pretty straight forward with my opinion on bloodwork, taking certain things and so on but, it's just my opinion based on my own experience and the experience of working with others. Outside of that, I know dick about what can cause this or that to happen.

Yes, find a Dr who will see you. If you feel better, do it off insurance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím open with my doctor about what I take. He doesnít judge me. And is willing to do any blood work/ exams I need at anytime. Took me a few years to find one that I was comfortable with.