• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gaming PCs

IML Gear Cream!
If your looking to upgrade parts, a brand like powerspec would be good because they use 3rd party parts and are easily upgraded. I like to stick with big name brands and I dont upgrade, im also on a laptop so its much harder. Cant go wrong with MSI or ASUS. I found this on bestbuy in your price range with the specs I recommended, it will last a good 3-5 years without being upgraded.

a658da3d4a13efd665f9fbaf40b8826d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With only 8gb of ram would that be enough? Doesn't windows 10 use 4gb by itself? So in theory would only be 4gb available to use? Or do I have bad info. Also a ssd or mv.2 would greatly increase boot up time.

With only 8gb of ram would that be enough? Doesn't windows 10 use 4gb by itself? So in theory would only be 4gb available to use? Or do I have bad info. Also a ssd or mv.2 would greatly increase boot up time.

Most games only require 8gb of Ram. You can fit about 3-4 big games on that, or about 8-10 smaller ones. Big games think of COD, Halo, Gears of War. Small games think of Fall Guys, Rocket League, Rogue Company. Unless your looking to play tons of games, or use it to store other things then I’d go with 16gb. But to most gamers 8gb will be enough. On my laptop with 8gb Ram 256 SSD I have 4 games, COD Cold War, Gears of War 5, Rocket League, and Fall Guys and still have a little space to spare.

Go to google and type the game your looking to play and after type pc requirement specs. It will list them. I typed “sims 4 pc requirement specs” and the first link showed me the minimum and recommended specs. I would try going recommended but it will still run on minimum you’ll just have to lower your settings.

Just stop

Stop right there.

That set up is beastly lol.

I’m a Mac guy just because I’ve always been and only use it for work purposes. Nothing more.

I don’t play video games so it’s my wife who only plays sims. Just trying to make her happy and upgrade her.

This makes me so jealous wish I had the patients to build her one

Lmao! You're correct and I'm a total Apple guy too.

Just got the new MBP 16 i9 32GB 1TB SSD GeForce Graphics. It's amazing. With the update to the shitty butterfly keys for the keyboard it's just perfect.

Lmao! You're correct and I'm a total Apple guy too.

Just got the new MBP 16 i9 32GB 1TB SSD GeForce Graphics. It's amazing. With the update to the shitty butterfly keys for the keyboard it's just perfect.

Someone get this guy out of here with all that drip

Take any pc with a core i5-i7 + 8 or higher RAM + nvidia 1660 or higher. Will be more than enough.

Do you have a favor in the gens of i5 or i7s?

Do you have a favor in the gens of i5 or i7s?

Gen just means the year it was made. Like the Alienware you sent previous says i7 10700

The number next to the i7, if you look at the first 2 digits, its 10, which means its a 10th generation which is the newest.

My laptop is a 9th gen.

I’d say anything over 8 gen is more than good enough

I dont game but my home PC is blazing fast

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop875

i7
16 gb RAM

Take any pc with a core i5-i7 + 8 or higher RAM + nvidia 1660 or higher. Will be more than enough.

I'd say if you plan on using it for more than 4 or 5 years stick with i5-i7 --- 10th or 11th generation..

Intel’s Core i5 and i7 CPUs are still the most popular processors you can buy. But what’s the difference between them?

I say that we’re talking specifically about Intel’s 10th-generation Comet Lake and 11th-generation Tiger Lake chips here. A lot of the information applies elsewhere, but the newer chips tend to provide noticeable features and performance improvements over previous generations. You won’t save a lot of money buying CPUs older than these generations, and most PC builders and laptop buyers should stay away from earlier Core i5 and Core i7 offerings.

Short of a few early processors in Intel’s current branding scheme, i5s haven’t typically supported hyperthreading. A higher thread count was reserved for the more expensive i7s and i9s. However, to stay competitive with AMD’s Ryzen chips, Intel decided to bring hyperthreading down to i5s and even i3s with its 10th-generation Comet Lake desktop processors and newer -- which is why I suggested the current chips.

As model numbers and price increase, so does performance. For around $150, you can stick with i5-10400, which is still a great processor for gaming and multitasking. If, however, you’re not interested in overclocking and already planning on spending $250 to $300 on a processor, it’s worth springing for the i7-10700. It’s only slightly more expensive than the competing i5-10600 while offering a boost to core and thread count, as well as cache size.

I'd also just boost the RAM to 16GB, that should last. Add a SSD or 2 lus a graphics card and your system is complete,Bro.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...6gb-480gb-ssd-1tb-hdd/6437986.p?skuId=6437986

So what’re you guys thoughts on this ibuypower?

What are some pros and cons?

Seems like a decent machine that can be upgraded easily.

-I7
-16GB ram @ 3000 megahertz (wish it was 3200)
-Decent graphics card (better than the one I have now which is a Radeon R7)
-480GB SSD (wish it was 500+)

https://youtu.be/Q2kCUbY4ZWs
This is a good series that gives you alot of information on what to expect. Linus did one also a year ago as well.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...6gb-480gb-ssd-1tb-hdd/6437986.p?skuId=6437986

So what’re you guys thoughts on this ibuypower?

What are some pros and cons?

Seems like a decent machine that can be upgraded easily.

-I7
-16GB ram @ 3000 megahertz (wish it was 3200)
-Decent graphics card (better than the one I have now which is a Radeon R7)
-480GB SSD (wish it was 500+)

Good price and specs. You’d get a good 5 years out of this one.

Good price and specs. You’d get a good 5 years out of this one.

In 5 years what should I expect to upgrade if I go with this one?

In 5 years what should I expect to upgrade if I go with this one?

Technology changes so fast now. But if your wife is still only playing the sims it might just be maintenance, cooling system etc. Might want to eventually upgrade graphics card and upgrade processor to a newer generation.

Technology changes so fast now. But if your wife is still only playing the sims it might just be maintenance, cooling system etc. Might want to eventually upgrade graphics card and upgrade processor to a newer generation.

Yeah the cooling supply
I’m kinda already worried about? Just watching videos. Not very good ports for air flow to the three fans.

They have these three bad ass fans but not much air getting to them, for them to perform the way they should.

I see some of the ibuypower with two fans. I’m going to look into those to see if they have better air flow.

Back