• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Gall Bladder Removal--Yay or Nay?

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Not me, but a family member. I've only known a couple of people that has had it done, but their farts were epic. In volume, quantity, and toxicness to the nose. Not to mention, when it was time to go poo, they had to sprint to the nearest toilet like they lived with diarrhea the rest of their lives. I would think clearing the stones would be better, but doc says it needs to go. Anyone got any advice or experience?

Take it out- not much needed more than the appendix- If it is causing issues, toss it
Not me, but a family member. I've only known a couple of people that has had it done, but their farts were epic. In volume, quantity, and toxicness to the nose. Not to mention, when it was time to go poo, they had to sprint to the nearest toilet like they lived with diarrhea the rest of their lives. I would think clearing the stones would be better, but doc says it needs to go. Anyone got any advice or experience?

I got mine removed 3 years ago , it took my body to adapt around 6 or 7 months , during that time it was like you described , after those months everything was going back to “normal” .
The one thing that I noticed is that I no longer can have really heavy greasy foods , I keep my diet clean most of the time for the same reason .
Mine got temoved because a stone was causing a blockage and that created an infection and I got rushed into ER and into surgery because I was also getting inflamation really bad ,like dangerously bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine removed 3 years ago , it took my body to adapt around 6 or 7 months , during that time it was like you described , after those months everything was going back to “normal” .
The one thing that I noticed is that I no longer can have really heavy greasy foods , I keep my diet clean most of the time for the same reason .
Mine got temoved because a stone was causing a blockage and that created an infection and I got rushed into ER and into surgery because I was also getting inflamation really bad ,like dangerously bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's kind of the situation here. Got past infection and the stone passed, but doc doesn't want to risk it again. I'm also dubious if family member can eat clean afterwards though.

God put organs there for a reason. Unless its life threatening I think I'd keep it.

I would say keep it. My wife has Crohn's and her doctor wanted to remove it, glad we waited to make a decision. Spoke to another lady who suffers from crohn's and she had her gal bladder removed, she said that she has had nothing but trouble. This was years ago so I apologize for having vague recollection of what she said her troubles were. My wife just continued to run and workout and pretty much put hers in remission.

My mom had hers removed. She was constantly having bad kidney stones, other issues, etc.

It's been years since she had it done, and never complained once and it was a very minor surgery tbh

If its causing you that many issues, it seems very practical to remove.

My old lady had hers taken out a few years ago. Like wes said, very minor surgery. She was back to work in a week. Easy peasy

I used to get a lot of nausea at random times and kept going to gastroenterologists for years until I finally got my gallbladder removed.

It was hell for a few years before my liver picked up the slack. Greasy food made me deathly sick. It took me like a year to fully acclimate but I feel great about the decision now aside from the scars. No gut problems at all.

Back