Anyone like dogs?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    In for high content wolf dog stories. I have never been around one or known anyone personally who has but it's an interesting topic. I haven't decided where I land on it yet.
    Dude I'd love to hear them too. I met one guy that had 3 at a dog park off of 35 and riverside before Joe's crabs shack (somebody gets it.) I met his wolf hybrid was pretty skittish and aloof but thats what the guy said the standard was and its about what I've read and researched personally on them. Would love to hear some peoples takes on it though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Rep Points

OK, it's been a long time since I had a dog. I bought a townhouse condo 22 years ago, and have lived there ever since. I like big dogs, and I've wanted a German Sheperd for years, but being in a condo and not even having a yard kinda makes it just a pipe dream I guess. Anyway speaking of wolves, or wolf dog mixes, here are two examples I know of:

I worked with a guy who had a timber wolf/Malamute dog mix. The dog had an overwhelmingly uncontrollable instinct to hunt other animals. Because of that intense hunting instinct, the guy always had lots of problems with the dog hunting down and killing skunks in and around their backyard. His back yard bordered some woods. One night he heard a type of high pitched squealing noises which almost sounded like a baby screaming. So he went outside in his backyard, only to find his wolf/dog taking a baby skunk in his mouth and tossing it up vertically into the air, catching it back into his mouth, and tossing it up again and again...playing catch with the thing.

The problem was that while this game of skunk catch was going on, not only was the skunk squealing, but as he tumbled head over feet in the air each time the wolf/dog tossed him up, he was spraying all over the place along with blood flying out of his gut from the dog chewing on him a little bit each time he caught him. LOL. Not only would the dog not stop no matter how much his owner told him to, but both the dog and his owner, (my co-worker) were sprayed pretty good by the skunk. So both the guy and the wolf/dog had to sleep outside that night cuz they both stunk so bad. The guy told me that this was not the first time this had happened.

Story #2.
    this is about pure wolves though. A professional engine builder I know who lives in CA owns an entire pack of wolves, that he keeps legally in his back yard fenced in. He has raised them from pups so they all know him well and vice versa, and the Alpha male is allowed to enter their house whenever he wants and lounge around with him and his wife. But he told me that he cannot allow any guest to enter into the wolf pack enclosure IF the guest in question, walks with an obvious limp, has a cane, or an obvious injury, because when that has occured in the past, the wolves he owns all go into pack hunting mode, and begin to circle the guest because they sense that he/she is an easy kill due to the obvious signs of injury or physical weakness.
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 11-19-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,799 Posts
    Rep Points

In for high content wolf dog stories. I have never been around one or known anyone personally who has but it's an interesting topic. I haven't decided where I land on it yet.
    so my story is...

my dad , as flawed as he is, for some strange reason is like an animal whisperer... heís a loner backwoods country kind of guy and he made pets out of wildlife. Pet deer, pet raccoon, pet groundhog. Heís like an animal collector of sorts. Anyways, this dog we had was malamute/wolf hybrid. She was the most patient dog Iíve ever been around. She was fairly old when I was born and died when I was around 6 or 7. She was probably 9-10 years old, and she was very large. She had a large enclosure out the back yard and Iíd go in there and cuddle with her when I was a boy. Beautiful animal....

I think when it comes to these types of dogs, females tend to be better options. My dad always said female dogs tend to be better dogs for men and male dogs tend to be better options for women. Not sure if thatís just bro science really but that dog never once even growled at me and Iím sure I pulled her tail a time or two.

as with any dog, they are shaped by their environment. So if you treat them badly, it will show.

I have just always been fascinated by wolves. And Iíve researched the NAID breeds and have found no negative aspects at all to this particular breed.

no crazy wolf stories here lol just my experience with a mild mannered female malamute/wolf hybrid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,799 Posts
    Rep Points

And my male husky/gs definitely bosses our cat around. We got him a herding ball and dude is like the pele of dogs with that thing. He has also severely mutilated the neighbors chickens when they breech the fence line. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Rep Points

Now those are some crazy stories. A pack of pure wolves, that's just too damn macho for me lol.

PIT POSSE SOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Rep Points

Purlpe Drank Board Rep
    BM Labs Board Rep
    Paxton Board Rep
    Olympus Board Rep
    Blackstar Board Rep.

PIT POSSE SOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Rep Points

Purlpe Drank Board Rep
    BM Labs Board Rep
    Paxton Board Rep
    Olympus Board Rep
    Blackstar Board Rep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Rep Points

Is she an AB gunrack??

One more question on wolfdogs. How do you go about the breeding process. Do you just wait til your female husky or whatever comes in heat then let her loose around a pack of wolves and hope for the best? Seems like a dangerous process.

PIT POSSE SOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Rep Points

Is she an AB gunrack??

One more question on wolfdogs. How do you go about the breeding process. Do you just wait til your female husky or whatever comes in heat then let her loose around a pack of wolves and hope for the best? Seems like a dangerous process.
    Shes a Staffordshire. Whatís crazy is she has the british accent too!

Her name is Anna Gayle (shes very popular on the internet lol)
    Purlpe Drank Board Rep
    BM Labs Board Rep
    Paxton Board Rep
    Olympus Board Rep
    Blackstar Board Rep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,799 Posts
    Rep Points

Is she an AB gunrack??

im not sure if Iíd tackle that without the help of a professional. I think talking to someone who coordinates wildlife refuges or preservation camps would be a good start tho. Usually those places have stud alpha males separate from the packs and breed them separately, but I could be wrong.

thereís a hot blonde chic who works with wolves. I forget her name but hereís one of her videos..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,799 Posts
    Rep Points

You guys should watch the video tho ^ itís pretty great.