• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bicep advice

Blake92

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I seem to grow everywhere but my biceps. Im currently hitting them twice a week after back. Any tips for growing them? Im wondering if its just genetic. Even though every male in my family has big ass arms.

Well ask your family what they did or do to get their big ass arms they probably don’t even train them or if they do it’s probably just once a week. Try that, lower the volume you do on biceps.

Im literally the only one that works out. Lol ill try lowering it. Thanks for the input man👍

Crazy eights.

take a ez curl bar.... standing stance. Start with 8 reps. Then count 8 seconds or pass to partner for his 8 reps. Then do 7 reps, count 7 secs or pass then do 6 reps .. etc until you get to 1 then go from 1 rep back to 8 reps. Do this at the end of your workout and don’t use heavy weights.

also hammer curls and zottman curls (I perform zottman style curls on cable machine)...

only hit biceps once a week .... do back with triceps and chest with biceps and make sure you have a day off between those two workouts.

eat. Rest.

eat some more.

rest some more.

You should not be able to wash your hair the next day if proper intensity on bicep work is reached.

Solid advice👍 Ive been wanting to do chest and bis for awhile. Next week Im gonna try it out.

When you train biceps for 2 times a week and its a weak point i should pick 2-3 excercises per workout that you feel the most.

Progressive overload is key. So overtime you should be able to add more reps, more weight, less rest between sets or sets/volume.

Yes it will be and has to be a challenge to complete those last reps :p

Make sure your technique stays good and don’t cheat on those last reps!

Eat & sleep enough, and hit them again as soon as you’re recovered.

Yes a lot comes down to genetics, but you can build some awesome biceps with hard work ;)

Hope this helps

Either Chest/bicep or have an Arm day. The guys I've seen with the best arms have a dedicated arm day. Either of these routines will have you hitting biceps twice a week, indirectly (but still pretty hard) on back day, then on chest or arm day.

Mostly a genetic thing IMO.

Idk how many sets you are doing? But high intensity at no more then 9 sets. So 3 exercises at 3 sets each...

Go as heavy as you can.

Btw, how big are your arms? Should measure them.

How long you been training them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

friday is my dedicated arm day I love bicep and tricep super sets but heres the bicep session since that what you're wanting help with

I have a few great staples I use, maybe you’d like this one....its fun if you have a partner, one guy rests while the other goes hard
3 sets alt DB curls slow controlled and high intensity on both long and peak contractsions
3 sets ez curl bar (pass it back and forth) same form
3 sets preacher curl I prefer the one you load with plates but anyone will work. yup same form again

heres the kicker, each set is 1 full minute and no cheating, let your partner spot you to keep your fluid range of motion

go kill it!

IML Gear Cream!
Straight barbell curls made my biceps grow the most. Also, alternating DB curls while on an incline bench...

Extend your arm to full extension before lifting the weight to you without moving your elbows forward. A little tweak most can do to their curl to get more out of it.

Stop doing after back they are already exhausted you wont be able to go hard on them plus watch your form concentrate on the muscle do it slowly let your ego in the parking lot i see a lot of guys swinging heavy weight n no a fucking pump or vein anywhere do it first of the week with chest or shoulder no back the next day let it rest n see what happens good luck

Train them first in your workout if also doing another body part.

I train them before training back. I also have a dedicated arm day for the 2nd time I train them in the week. I won’t train every muscle twice a week so I can give my arms more priority when trying to grow them more.

Also add some bands in your workout and combine bands and dumbbells too. Also do some higher reps sometimes (20-30 reps) Mix it up.

Rock On

friday is my dedicated arm day I love bicep and tricep super sets but heres the bicep session since that what you're wanting help with

I have a few great staples I use, maybe you’d like this one....its fun if you have a partner, one guy rests while the other goes hard
3 sets alt DB curls slow controlled and high intensity on both long and peak contractsions
3 sets ez curl bar (pass it back and forth) same form
3 sets preacher curl I prefer the one you load with plates but anyone will work. yup same form again

heres the kicker, each set is 1 full minute and no cheating, let your partner spot you to keep your fluid range of motion

go kill it!

Some solid advice! whats your split look like ?

I only work biceps once a week.

Dumbel incline curls 4 x 12
Dumbel Hammer curl 4 x 12
Close grip pull ups 4 x 12
Finish with 21's x 4

Let them rest for the rest of the week. They get a pretty good workout during back day as well. Watch them grow.

Stop doing after back they are already exhausted you wont be able to go hard on them plus watch your form concentrate on the muscle do it slowly let your ego in the parking lot i see a lot of guys swinging heavy weight n no a fucking pump or vein anywhere do it first of the week with chest or shoulder no back the next day let it rest n see what happens good luck

Second this. I don’t profess to be a personal trainer or something but I see so many people at the gym do this goofy swinging dumbbell curl exercise. Doing arms should fuckin hurt.

This is what has worked for me to grow my biceps... I have been finishing off my back/bi day with close grip cable rows, with the last set being a drop set. I believe this targets the brachialis more, but it's a very important muscle when it comes to giving the appearance of large biceps. My arms have grown about an inch in the last 4 months.

When it comes to curls it's important to keep the muscle contracted all the way to the bottom of the negative. Make sure you can still feel some contraction until your arms reach full extension. Hope this helps.

Some solid advice! whats your split look like ?

Id write it here but I'll be updating this week in my log with the details you want to know, the link is in my sig.

Get Shredded!
21's. Do this for 3 different exercise. Take a weight you can curl 7 times. Immediately after the 7 reps strip the weight, hit it 7 more times. Strip some more weight and finish with the last 7 reps. So those 21 reps are 1 set. Do 3 set per exercise.

How’s your squeeze? No matter the movement, you should be hesitant to really get that squeeze at the top (hurts like a mfer). It’s a vital part of building the mind-muscle connection. Biceps work is sometimes far too easy to cheat yourself on by engaging complementary muscle groups. I think you should really master the feel of isolation movements then bring that awareness to larger movements. My shoulders take over all my upper body exercises if I’m not focused, just my two cents.

Easy...just put a 45 on each end and start curling,..when you can get 3x10 your biceps will be bigger...take a few minutes between sets....finish off with a couple sets of dumbbell hammer curls...

I seem to grow everywhere but my biceps. Im currently hitting them twice a week after back. Any tips for growing them? Im wondering if its just genetic. Even though every male in my family has big ass arms.
Try 21z
And just keep changing your routine and keep a good combo so that you hit both heads each equally each time.
I really line incline curls then go to preachers.
Shit like that

Eat, pound, sleep...

When I used to work biceps, I would do my normal routine (3-4 exercises) the last one being preachers.

Example:

Barbell curls - 4 sets
DBell curls - 4 sets
Peachers - 4 sets

I would always do slow negatives on the preachers (each set) after I couldn't do a positive anymore.
Partner would lift it up for me,and I'd do the negative (like 3-4 after each set).

Then I would do one set of up/down the rack of dumbbell curls to finish. I haven't done biceps in years (I do sort of a Wendler 5/3/1 thing with lots of Tricep stuff).
But I remember the growth I got from my old routine.

Twice per week plus a back workout is a lot of volume if you are trying to recover and grow

I've had the same issue of them not growing. I've found doing less is more. they are a small muscle, doing back is working them, I finish back days with 3 sets of 10 on the curl bar, the 3 sets of 10 on sigle arm cable curls. I've found a few helpful videos from Instagram. you want that 90 angle to get the best resistance on your bi's and the single cable curl is great for that. I've definitely seen an improvement since doing that. switching every 4 weeks to a different exercises is huge for me. seated preacher, reverse, Hammer, not sure what it's called but using a 35lb dB squeezing it around the weights with 2 hands on a preacher bench is killer. crusher curls? I keep it to 6 sets after killing back. but the other advice of doing bi's with chest or a straight arm day may benefit you.

Back