• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

U.S. Justice Alito says pandemic has led to 'unimaginable' curbs on liberty

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito said the COVID-19 pandemic had led to “previously unimaginable” curbs on individual liberty, singling out restrictions on religious events.

The justice, who is seen as a conservative, told a meeting of the Federalist Society late on Thursday he was not underplaying the severity of the crisis or criticizing any officials for their response.

But he added: “We have never before seen restrictions as severe, extensive and prolonged as those experienced for most of 2020.”
"The COVID crisis has served as sort of a constitutional stress test," he said during his address over a video link for the conservative organization's annual conference bit.ly/2H21TvK.

Alito, who was appointed by Republican President George W. Bush in 2006, referred to restrictions on gatherings that had affected religious events.

“Think of worship services! Churches closed on Easter Sunday, synagogues closed for Passover in Yom Kippur”, he said.

“It pains me to say this,” Alito added, “but in certain quarters, religious liberty is fast becoming a disfavored right.”

The justice said freedom of speech was also under threat.

“Although that freedom is falling out of favor in some circles, we need to do whatever we can to prevent it from becoming a second-tier constitutional right,” he said.

Alito’s remarks on free speech echoed his words from 2016 at the same event when he referred to college campus culture that conservatives say stifles free speech to avoid offending political sensibilities on matters such as gender, race and religion.

Social norms had created a list of things that was now unacceptable for students, professors and employees to say, he added on Thursday.

“You can’t say that marriage is a union between one man and one woman”, he added. “Until very recently that’s what a vast majority of Americans thought. Now its considered bigotry.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-supremecourt-idUSKBN27T0LD

This is very important especially now since the new president is about to try and lock us down again and for who knows how long . I am really hoping that out governors will stand up for their people and not bow down . I do feel sorry for my family who have not moved out of California already.

my wifes family cancelled thanksgiving due to covid, I started to complain but my sister in law works ICU in LA and said they are getting hammered so its not a conspiracy

I been screaming first amendment since the get go, but nobody is listening. :banghead:
Yes and the sixth amendment, I know in my area they shut down the court system and now since it is opened back up and they are having limited court to stick with the covid restrictions.

Yes and the sixth amendment, I know in my area they shut down the court system and now since it is opened back up and they are having limited court to stick with the covid restrictions.

Yeah, that too. When the first one goes, the rest go. Kind of why it's a big deal. It's amazing how easily they've managed to get by with all of this. "Minimal reaction from the crowd." The ACLU has been dead silent in all of this.

If everyone would just obey and wear their masks we will all be fine.

vote-clinton-they-live-obey-horror-bandana.jpg

I can't wait for Biden to deal with this heat. Trump left him a vaccine and I can promise you it will still be a shit fest.
Wait until the riot's start again. This is going to be fun to watch.

IML Gear Cream!
Biden will be removed less than a week after his inauguration.

if indeed he even becomes prez. 🤞

We keep hearing about the rising numbers of COVID cases, who the hell is dying, old people? If so give all seniors a stimulus check and tell them to stay the fuck home.

We keep hearing about the rising numbers of COVID cases, who the hell is dying, old people? If so give all seniors a stimulus check and tell them to stay the fuck home.
old people are fucked biden wants to end medicare and social security, they already tried during obama

old people are fucked biden wants to end medicare and social security, they already tried during obama

Biden doesn’t know what he wants to do he’s senile and forgets where he is and office he is running for. It’s called dementia.

Biden doesn’t know what he wants to do he’s senile and forgets where he is and office he is running for. It’s called dementia.
people (political commentators) have been saying if we dont fix the problems that brought us trump the next president will be even worse and it looks like they were correct

people (political commentators) have been saying if we dont fix the problems that brought us trump the next president will be even worse and it looks like they were correct

The problem is uninformed uneducated democrat voters and last I checked genocide seems to be frowned upon so what do we do??

The problem is uninformed uneducated democrat voters and last I checked genocide seems to be frowned upon so what do we do??
but after they defund the police it shouldnt be a problem

but after they defund the police it shouldnt be a problem

We don’t need police all they do is uphold the laws and keep order in society. Anarchy sounds much better.

Get Shredded!
Biden will be removed less than a week after his inauguration.

if indeed he even becomes prez. 爛

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT KAMALA TOE

Mildred, prepare to serve. Oh, and yes, she’s...I mean, he’s your new POTUS.

Exactly.
Trump got beat by this guy.
He said it himself, “ If I get beat by the worst candidate ever”. Fuck, seriously, I have to take a pause here. I was going to type more, but fuck, it would take all night.

Exactly.
He said it himself, “ If I get beat by the worst candidate ever”. Fuck, seriously, I have to take a pause here. I was going to type more, but fuck, it would take all night.

No Biden is a puppet that worked only cause he was VP to Obama for 8 years. Trump got beat by the massive corrupt democratic machine, not because of Biden.

My prediction and have money on it with a guy at work. If Joe does win within 5 months of being the president he's removed or steps down. than that nasty dumb bitch takes over. If she orders guns to be taking away I'm going down shooting. I know it's not the people coming to get them that's at fault it's Harris but I'm not willingly handing over anything. I've made total peace with myself about this.

My governor (Oregon) just shut down the state for 4 weeks minimum on her own without being pressured by the feds, ayyy lmao. So much for hoping they'd stick up for us.

My governor (Oregon) just shut down the state for 4 weeks minimum on her own without being pressured by the feds, ayyy lmao. So much for hoping they'd stick up for us.
without thanksgiving and christmas a lot of stores will go bankrupt

Exactly.
I hope your doing well enough to live without medicare and social security, Obama tried to end it but may get thru this time

without thanksgiving and christmas a lot of stores will go bankrupt

Gyms closing sucks, but I feel for the restaurants. They were JUST getting back on their feet after being closed for months, and invested thousands of dollars into outdoor dining, and now all of that's for nothing. The service industry must be struggling hard.

I hope your doing well enough to live without medicare and social security, Obama tried to end it but may get thru this time

Republicans have been trying to do the same for years also. Privatize SS, how the hell does anyone invest squat making $15 an hour. Besides what the hell does what does your post have to do with what I posted?

Back