While everyone is watching the election fight...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

Mask mandate is not a big deal. Is it working? Does not look like it but I don't see why people have an issue with masks because next step is a lockdown mandate and that is a big deal and straight up bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdubw44 View Post
    Herd immunity is the only way - stop your propaganda! 1st lock down didnít work. Mask donít stop the spread, cases rise when all I see are people with mask on. But letís keep doing stuff that doesnít work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy2hot View Post
    I respect all brothers and sisters on this board. I'd like to throw in

There are lots of terribly misinformed, Trump-tainted opinions on this page.

Let's start with the most important thing: this is not a partisan issue. Yet another devious, mastermind idea by Trump to keep America thinking shutdowns are the machinations of the "liberal Left" when TRUMP was the one who imposed the original shutdowns. One of his many "bait and switch" tactics. Trump from his own mouth has repeatedly taken ownership of the original shutdowns, so please don't create new facts.

The Coronavirus is NOT the "sniffles". I have it currently, my uncle died from it, my girlfriend (age 37) died from it, and three of my clients have died from it. All under the age of 60. Just because you know people who have mild symptoms does not mean COVID is a joke for everyone. Clearly with almost 250,000 dead it's far more than a cough or sniffles. The funerals I've gone too support this.

While I'm on the U.S. death count matter, the reality is that the anti-shutdown crowd is entirely correct: we can't afford another one. Please remember that Trump and Kushner are on tape with Bob Woodward taking ownership of imposing the original shutdowns, then leaving all states to figure out how to each turn around their health crisis with ZERO federal or national mandates.

It's an impossible fix because each states' leaders want different things for its residents, so with no unified plan the country cannot overcome the Coronavirus. Jared Kushner admitted this to Bob Woodward on tape recording, saying Trump's plan all along was to pass the hard (read: impossible) work to the governors, then Trump will take credit when all 50 states figure out how to overcome their own COVID crises... this is obviously an impossibility without federal intervention. These facts are not to be disputed.

The entire irony for those who see the shutdowns as "corruption from the liberal Left" (when the Republican president first imposed it and last time I checked, "red states" had shutdowns too) is that those who don't want shutdowns are the same people who won't make the smallest sacrifices to prevent Coronavirus spread and subsequently shutdowns!!!

How hard is it to wear a mask? Have range between others? Those trafficking in toxic masculinity don't want to be touched anyway hahaha. Or wish to have personal space. Our children are the U.S. citizens making the biggest sacrifices not having school, sports, friendships, social development, etc. If children can do it, we adults can do it. I will limit social interaction for 60 weeks if it means another 60 healthy years of my life.

Coronavirus restrictions are no more a violation of amendment rights than laws to prevent drinking and driving: sure, you could be fine, but it's to prevent harm to OTHERS. And yourself. One day you might be on the receiving end of another's recklessness. Or your loved ones.

Bottom line: if everyone, not most people but everyone, does their part to limit spread then there will be no widespread shutdowns. Don't believe the partisan lies or propaganda.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You are the first person I have heard of with so many close contacts under the age of 60 that have died from COVID. Sorry for you losses assuming you are not lying.
    Last edited by lifter6973; 11-13-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    678 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    Mask mandate is not a big deal. Is it working? Does not look like it but I don't see why people have an issue with masks because next step is a lockdown mandate and that is a big deal and straight up bullshit.
    No the mask are not a big deal, but people trying to stop the spread is just dumb. When this is all said and done it will have been herd immunity that stopped it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

Ok, I apologize to you. I should have read the entire post before responding. You pretty much nailed it in your response and I do sympathize for your losses.
    I totally agree had there been a unified national approach in the beginning we might have been out of this by now. National lockdown mandates now though would be devastating.

Let's start with the most important thing: this is not a partisan issue. Yet another devious, mastermind idea by Trump to keep America thinking shutdowns are the machinations of the "liberal Left" when TRUMP was the one who imposed the original shutdowns. One of his many "bait and switch" tactics. Trump from his own mouth has repeatedly taken ownership of the original shutdowns, so please don't create new facts.

The Coronavirus is NOT the "sniffles". I have it currently, my uncle died from it, my girlfriend (age 37) died from it, and three of my clients have died from it. All under the age of 60. Just because you know people who have mild symptoms does not mean COVID is a joke for everyone. Clearly with almost 250,000 dead it's far more than a cough or sniffles. The funerals I've gone too support this.

While I'm on the U.S. death count matter, the reality is that the anti-shutdown crowd is entirely correct: we can't afford another one. Please remember that Trump and Kushner are on tape with Bob Woodward taking ownership of imposing the original shutdowns, then leaving all states to figure out how to each turn around their health crisis with ZERO federal or national mandates.

It's an impossible fix because each states' leaders want different things for its residents, so with no unified plan the country cannot overcome the Coronavirus. Jared Kushner admitted this to Bob Woodward on tape recording, saying Trump's plan all along was to pass the hard (read: impossible) work to the governors, then Trump will take credit when all 50 states figure out how to overcome their own COVID crises... this is obviously an impossibility without federal intervention. These facts are not to be disputed.

The entire irony for those who see the shutdowns as "corruption from the liberal Left" (when the Republican president first imposed it and last time I checked, "red states" had shutdowns too) is that those who don't want shutdowns are the same people who won't make the smallest sacrifices to prevent Coronavirus spread and subsequently shutdowns!!!

How hard is it to wear a mask? Have range between others? Those trafficking in toxic masculinity don't want to be touched anyway hahaha. Or wish to have personal space. Our children are the U.S. citizens making the biggest sacrifices not having school, sports, friendships, social development, etc. If children can do it, we adults can do it. I will limit social interaction for 60 weeks if it means another 60 healthy years of my life.

Coronavirus restrictions are no more a violation of amendment rights than laws to prevent drinking and driving: sure, you could be fine, but it's to prevent harm to OTHERS. And yourself. One day you might be on the receiving end of another's recklessness. Or your loved ones.

Bottom line: if everyone, not most people but everyone, does their part to limit spread then there will be no widespread shutdowns. Don't believe the partisan lies or propaganda.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

Yep, nothing we do is going to work and repeating what hasn't worked in states that have been through this already won't work the second time around.
    I say if it makes them happy for us to wear masks, then we wear masks. If they put out the national 4-6 week mandate (4 months in reality) then I say to all the Trumpers out there, I hope you can show the left what violence really looks like in a riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdubw44 View Post
    No the mask are not a big deal, but people trying to stop the spread is just dumb. When this is all said and done it will have been herd immunity that stopped it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,844 Posts
    Rep Points

Truly sorry for your losses. I keep saying it, but I will say it again. Covid is some people's Achilles's heel. Or their silver bullet. Doesn't matter what age, pre-existing health condition, whatever. I truly believe there is a genetic link to this virus and some people are predisposed to it.

Lame 80s knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

The strangest thing is how random it appears. Almost like russian roulette. It's not though, because so many have no symptoms at all. We just see the ones who need medical, so it appears random. The lying Chinese say they don't have it, but it's global now. Hand washing, masks, yes. It can't hurt. Shutdowns no. Due to economic, and mental health.
    Who said run for the boarder ?

Lame 80s knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    The first amendment gives you the right to speak. However, I does not give you the right to be heard. Like all bad messages, I would not listen to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AMA rider View Post
    The first amendment gives you the right to speak. However, I does not give you the right to be heard. Like all bad messages, I would not listen to that.
    I didn't donate but how do I get on that list?

Lame 80s knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    I know 5 people personally who had COVID and 2 of them are elderly in their 80ís. All 5 said COVID isnít shit. No one was deathly ill in need of intensive care. One said their chest burned when they tried to breath deeply for about a week. But other than that, the only other symptom any of them had was a dry cough and a fever.

Ya Sherk, me too. I personally know one older gentleman who 0assed away ( neighbor ).
    A teacher of mine passed after a month of battle ( 50s ). My daughters best friends boyfriend had his toes cut off from it (20s). I met him once. I hope science can identify people who are at risk vs people who just lose the sense of smell and taste ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts
    Rep Points

You lost me at toxic masculinity

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts
    Rep Points

Last edited by zwhit; 11-13-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Lame 80s knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

We are doing really well vs the rest of the world. Many small European countries are running 1000 deaths per day. That's about what we have more or less, but we are many times larger. Actually lower. 10 months at 1000 a day would be 300000. Instead we are at 250000. Don't even get me started about the southern hemisphere, discraceful really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,844 Posts
    Rep Points

French school teacher beheaded outside school (in France!) by muslim terrorist:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Samuel_Paty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,844 Posts
    Rep Points

Last known white giraffe fitted with tracker to discourage poachers:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54980914

FYI--his family was murdered (because they were white...just sayin). Including a 7 month old calf.