Retiring in another country

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sityslicker1 View Post
    Any concern for the corrupt police and cartel or is this only in the movies? Id think being a well off American living in Mexico these would be very real risk.
    The main concern for having money is being stupid and flashy in a 3rd world country. Your asking to be robbed. All the boarders have some pretty ruthless kids trying to survive. When your at a stoplight and the kids try to was your windows just give them a dollar and all is good otherwise you could find some serious key marks in your car. As far as being safe in Latin America just don't drive where you shouldn't just like in any city like Chicago or New York. Don't be stupid and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    itís hot picante
    I figured it would be horchata
    Advanced 2.0 the pip hits like a hammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,221 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    I figured it would be horchata
    damn.... i didnít even think of that one.... thatís way better than picante. Haha 😂

whore-chata!!! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    funny all yinz love this this country so much to tell people immigrants and minorities if you dont like it get the fuck out and also that these foreigners wouldnt fight for this country, then talk about leaving like whoopie golberg at the first sign of a tax increase
    I like foreigners. They add to this country. The ones I don't like are the ones that want to make the US just like the shit hole they fled. My Finnish relatives came here in the early 1900's, broke and with nothing but a work ethic and good values. They worked their asses off in the mining and logging industries in the UP. They learned the language, joined the military, fought in world wars and other wars. They didn't demand the rest of the country speak Finnish, they learned English and only spoke Finnish at home inside the house.

But now we have these assholes who come here and want to make the US exactly like the places they came from down to the government which treated them poorly enough and enacted economic policies that ruined their countries. Fuck them. This is the Land of Opportunity, the Promised Land. I work with a lot of immigrants and they love America and everything it stands for and firmly believe that if the assholes that don't like it here and want to make the US like the country they came from then they can go right back. One of my friends is from Sudan. Ask him how he's doing and you'll get the same bright smile and in a heavy accent "I'm living the American dream, brother!" Ask him his opinion about people who hate it here he'll tell you that they can leave. Nothing and nobody is keeping them here. There are nearly 200 other countries they can go find their happiness in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    It is a great idea and MANY Americans retire in countries like Mexico. Not only so they can live in paradise on a beach, but the cost of living is a fraction of the price.
    cost is pretty much the factor.

Im reluctant to invest heavily in my 401k anymore. Iím actually not putting in anymore than what Iím matched and that is 4%.

but Iím going to save but not in fiat money. Gold and silver. Just something on the side.

I want to start a off the grid, survival, pandemic subforum.

Even if trump wins, we are only guaranteed another 4 years of freedom. Iím not sure what you call these people but they are not democrats. They unleashed a virus on the world to effect the outcome of the United States election.

Itís time to prepare for a completely different world.

Im not sure what to do with my kids. Do I keep them in America for their education ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    The main concern for having money is being stupid and flashy in a 3rd world country. Your asking to be robbed. All the boarders have some pretty ruthless kids trying to survive. When your at a stoplight and the kids try to was your windows just give them a dollar and all is good otherwise you could find some serious key marks in your car. As far as being safe in Latin America just don't drive where you shouldn't just like in any city like Chicago or New York. Don't be stupid and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    i hard time dealing with people suffering. Iíve heard that Central America has some awful conditions and extreme poverty.

I give cash away every time someone asks , even if I know they are going straight to the liquor store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,221 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ROID View Post
    i hard time dealing with people suffering. Iíve heard that Central America has some awful conditions and extreme poverty.

I give cash away every time someone asks , even if I know they are going straight to the liquor store.
    those countries suffer because they are being lead by corrupt politicians that take the resources other nations (mainly the US) and use it against the population instead of for the population....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sityslicker1 View Post
    Any concern for the corrupt police and cartel or is this only in the movies? Id think being a well off American living in Mexico these would be very real risk.
    Kind of depends on where you go. Cartels are a very real risk in Mexico. The company I work for has a sizable presence in Guanajuato and cartel violence there is off the charts. Anyone from the states that goes there for work gets a driver from their hotel to the plant and back. And they take you to a certain entrance that is more heavily guarded than the ones the locals use to enter the buildings.