• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The feds just seized Silk Road’s $1 billion stash of bitcoin

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The feds just seized Silk Road’s $1 billion stash of bitcoin

DAN GOODIN - 11/5/2020, 10:11 AM

Forfeiture comes two days after mystery party transferred 69,369 BTC out of wallet.

“The successful prosecution of Silk Road’s founder in 2015 left open a billion-dollar question. Where did the money go?” US Attorney David Anderson said in a news release. “Today’s forfeiture complaint answers this open question at least in part. $1 billion of these criminal proceeds are now in the United States’ possession.”

Silk Road and Ulbricht were among the most popular and successful online crime figures in Internet history. Hosted on the anonymous Dark Web, the service brought together sellers and buyers of drugs, fake IDs, and just about any other kind of illicit good or service imaginable. There were thousands of dealers and “well over 100,000 buyers,” US attorneys wrote in a civil complaint filed on Thursday. The document said that Silk Road generated revenue of over 9.5 million bitcoin and collected commissions from these sales of more than 600,000 bitcoin.

Thursday's complaint came five years after Ulbricht was convicted and sentenced to two life terms plus 40 years. The Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation arm assisted in tracking down the intricate scheme to obfuscate the recipients of the proceeds. The seizure came two days after blockchain analysts noticed someone had transferred 69,369 BTC—worth about $975 million—out of an account that had received them from Silk Road. The wallet, which remained quiet since 2015, was the world’s fourth biggest.

Source: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...n-in-bitcoin-from-silk-road-drug-marketplace/

If they can track the wallets and owners of this, no one is secure using BTC. They tried a small transaction and that one was monitored as well.

If they can track the wallets and owners of this, no one is secure using BTC. They tried a small transaction and that one was monitored as well.

Correct, that’s the scary part.

I get pissed If I lose 20 bucks... Nearly a Billion... How do you cope with that. Even behind bars... Sure you can touch it.
But knowing u have it n they don't must have been at least some comfort. Can we officially say "poor fella"

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a CIA operation to me

They are the ones sophisticated enough to pull off a scheme like that.

Im sure that will help fund the next Election they try to rig in our Nation, another nation, or start another war, etc, etc.

Sounds like a CIA operation to me

They are the ones sophisticated enough to pull off a scheme like that.

Im sure that will help fund the next Election they try to rig in our Nation, another nation, or start another war, etc, etc.

Nobody cares what it sounds like to you.
Seriously.

Absolutely. I thought this was common knowledge already. It's all tracked now. Just if you're big enough for them to care about

They fucked him over and used a hacker to steal funds . Funny think is owners don’t even actually sell any drugs just take a cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know how everyone is spending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back