• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Pyramid your cycle?

MeatCurtains69

Amatuer Gynecologist
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Feel like the common wisdom was that you should pyramid your cycle (example below). I've done this probably every time I've ran a cycle but my question for the group: is this method old hat? Is there recent information that indicates you SHOULDN'T do this or there's a better method?

Test
1-4: 500mgs
5-8: 750mgs
9-12: 1000mgs

That's how we used to do it decades ago..now,either a constant dose or a bump mid cycle.. personally I like to add something if I need it mid cycle..like NPP,Sdrol,or Sustanon..I run long esters mostly and have been using shorter ones in the stall points..but a real pyramid would be an up then back down..back in those days no one did AI's or proper PCT..so backing the dose down to go back to normal and lesson the estrogen.. didn't really work..I don't know what you are planning on running ,but things have changed greatly over the yrs with good reason.. Guys are breaking the once carved in stone believes,any changing the way things are looked at...Some good,some not..I played with Drol in the beginning of this yr before the V..just to see what dose it would take to promote recovery only..just to add when things stall during a cycle..A lot of compounds are being used differently now,and with good reason..It all depends on your goals,experience,available cash and a butt load of courage..Us older guys are facing father clock and can't do the things we used too or the harsh compounds that cause more problems than gains..ie Tren...Anyway,I hope this helps..

Heavyiron has taught similar methods, with the logic being that since gains tend to slow down at around week 8 (due to myostatin and shbg elevations, etc), you want to bump the dose up at around week 5 or 6, in order to "push" gains for a longer period. If you don't want to increase the testosterone dose, you could also add in orals or another anabolic.

I haven't tried this yet, but it probably is a more effective, (albeit more complicated) way to run a cycle.

Bump dosages up, add in another compound, or switch to a stronger compound.

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ this, but my thinking is pretty much keep test constant (750) and add something around week 4-( d-bol, npp, s-drol etc) to kick it off for maybe wk 4 thru 8, then add var., winny,t-bol @ the end. It's all just one big experiment to find what works best FOR YOU. Also depends alot on what your goals are. Good Luck bro!

It’s what I do, and sometimes even titrate down at the end instead of going from 1000mg right down to my TRT dose.

SXRIPT
“Where everyone can afford it and enjoy it.”

PM me with any questions
Email Red Bird for list redsxript@ctemplar.com

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ this, but my thinking is pretty much keep test constant (750) and add something around week 4-( d-bol, npp, s-drol etc) to kick it off for maybe wk 4 thru 8, then add var., winny,t-bol @ the end. It's all just one big experiment to find what works best FOR YOU. Also depends alot on what your goals are. Good Luck bro!

I gave up on orals completely a couple years back. Just don't feel like they're worth the heartburn and back pumps.

After yrs and yrs,there are still compounds out there I haven't tried..I wouldn't right off orals so easily..in short burst you get the benefits without the sides..SD is on that list and if you haven't tried it you're missing out..and the dose and timing has a lot to do with it..for ex. Drol..best taken at night..sleep thru the sides..I wrote off NPP yrs ago just from the review,now decades later I love it...cycle layouts are so different now..not to mention the availability of all the compounds..You may remember yrs ago,guys used Dbol to jumpstart a cycle..but in retrospect starting Dbol before the Deca kicks is just plain stupid.. everybody knows Dbol and Deca is one of the best combos..

I'm with most the other guys. I try to keep the test pretty consistent and would add another compound later if you need the extra boost.

I have played with different test dose from trt low to pretty high and while I did notice strength difference it wasnt great enough for me to stay at the higher levels.

I prefer a milder dose test and add another compound...npp, mast, tren, all low dose are my go to's.

And or throw in another compound and use a Preworkout like SD and see if that gets you over a plateau.

I always like the idea of increase the dosages of cycle when gains stop , and increase calories to , that way you never stop gaining weight and strenght

IML Gear Cream!
I gave up on orals completely a couple years back. Just don't feel like they're worth the heartburn and back pumps.
yeah-I feel u bro- About the only orals I do anymore are t-bol- kinda a cross between d-bol and var- and proviron. I don't get any sides(back pumps, bloat, heartburn etc. from t-bol. Maybe that's just me-don't know- but I def. understand what ur sayin. And the provi keeps the old tool sharpe- if u know what i mean- and makes me just feel better all-around. But to each his own- one thing i've def. learned is we are all diff. so.....

I am still new at this but this seems like the right path to take. I am trying it this cycle actually with creeping up my anavar and DHB dosages and not adding nandralone to my cycle till week 3.

I'm in the tiny minority on this but Im not a huge fan of pyramiding. I think hormones are going to do their job and signal a cascade of effects regardless. Pick your dose and ride it out. Endogenous testosterone doesn't stop working to make males have more muscle than females.

I'm in the tiny minority on this but Im not a huge fan of pyramiding. I think hormones are going to do their job and signal a cascade of effects regardless. Pick your dose and ride it out. Endogenous testosterone doesn't stop working to make males have more muscle than females.

Despite possible more effective protocols, I tend to stick with this logic for simplicity sake.

Back