Anyone doing good deeds?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Rep Points

Anyone doing good deeds?

Some lady paid 90.00 for my groceries. She left 100.00 with the cashier and said she wanted to pay for my groceries and what ever was left give to the next person. By the time the clerk was done the lady was gone. Sux because I don't need the cash so I decided to do the same.

So the next time out I did the same and picked a nice family that you could tell was having a hard time right now. It feels great to help others and that lady got this rolling so I thought I'd suggest the same for others.

So all is not bad in the world. Let's come together and help others when we can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Rep Points

I spotted a dude at the gym. Not the same as you but at least he didn't drop it on his face.

In all seriousness thats good shit bro. If I had the extra cash I wouldn't hesitate doing that. We did buy bottles of water from a family selling them on the street corner. I won't give to someone with a sign but this was husband wife and 2 kids trying to do something. Thats all I ask for don't just beg for a handout.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    801 Posts
    Rep Points

Was going to Goodwill last week with a bunch of men’s and women clothes and blankets. On the way I saw a homeless couple outside and it was cold. Gave it all to them instead. The small things.

Got questions about BTC or want an list
    Email RED BIRD at redsxript@ctemplar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Was going to Goodwill last week with a bunch of men’s and women clothes and blankets. On the way I saw a homeless couple outside and it was cold. Gave it all to them instead. The small things.

Got questions about BTC or want an list
    Email RED BIRD at redsxript@ctemplar.com
    In my part of the US, most of the thrift stores have set up a faith based religious rehab program. They are tied into the local and state jail and prison system. Basically to get out of trouble you’re sentenced to one of these non profit programs instead of jail. These organizations have thrift stores, oil shops like express lube, landscaping, construction businesses, etc. honestly any thing that generates money. They tie themselves in with the judicial system and get free labor. The programs really help people. The people behind those programs are mostly greedy and abuse these men and women for their financial gain.

Why am I mentioning all of this ?

If I have something to give away, I prefer to give it to someone for free rather than donate it to one of these tax exempt businesses that have managed to acquire free labor through a scheme of using God to pull the wool over peoples eyes . The men that run these programs are Joel Osteen wanna bees.

However, these programs help a lot of people. I just don’t believe in supporting their life style when I can give something to someone free.

Hey ROID, why have you been on this moral high horse the past couple days ??

Well, I want to change the world and I’m starting on ASF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Rep Points

Wish I could have the opportunity to do the same. I'm not greedy though so to the op congrats and thanks again if you haven't been told today.you probably made those folks whole month. Good to know there are still like minded people in the world.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

PIT POSSE SOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    734 Posts
    Rep Points

I donate $500 a month to my local humane society under the alias Anna Gayle (my dog)

I also donate $500 a month to St. Josephs Children Hospital, i bring my guitar and play a bunch of songs for the kids. Makes me feel pretty good. They think im some kind of rockstar (im not)

Nobody else knows i do this stuff besides the old lady and stepkids
    Purlpe Drank Board Rep
    BM Labs Board Rep
    Paxton Board Rep
    Olympus Board Rep
    Blackstar Board Rep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,799 Posts
    Rep Points

Before corona I used to help out with a wrestling showcase to recruit middle school kids into the high school wrestling program. We held fundraisers to purchase equipment for low income students. It definitely helps instill values into kids that otherwise would find themselves as ‘nowhere kids’. A lot of times these kids want to be a part of something but because of reasons beyond their control they never get a chance to participate. Helps deter the draw of crime and instills integrity and discipline and responsibility and other moral value into the next generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRACK View Post
    I donate $500 a month to my local humane society under the alias Anna Gayle (my dog)

I also donate $500 a month to St. Josephs Children Hospital, i bring my guitar and play a bunch of songs for the kids. Makes me feel pretty good. They think im some kind of rockstar (im not)

Nobody else knows i do this stuff besides the old lady and stepkids
    Very good

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts
    Rep Points

I try to do good deeds on a regular basis. Sometimes it's giving money to strangers. Sometimes it's just lending a ear to someone who needs to talk or vent. Good deeds doesn't only have to be giving money. Some of the best deeds are giving your time to something you normally wouldn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    I try to do good deeds on a regular basis. Sometimes it's giving money to strangers. Sometimes it's just lending a ear to someone who needs to talk or vent. Good deeds doesn't only have to be giving money. Some of the best deeds are giving your time to something you normally wouldn't.
    Good point, I'll have to pay more attention.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,261 Posts
    Rep Points

Saw a vid years ago of starving kids in Africa. Some American folks were driving into a village that had no roads. As they came into the village two small boys were laying on the ground in agony starving to death. There was a small hut nearby. A few minutes later a little girl appeared with some leaves and a bucket of water. She gave the boys leaves to eat and started washing them. They were covered head to toe in dirt and were severely malnourished. One was crippled but both were close to death. they had rags for clothes. The American woman started bawling and had the others with her give the kids some crackers. She was there to feed kids. She took the kids with her and they went to another area where the kids got medical attention, food and clothes. She runs an organization called Village2village. Great people who are literally saving orphans. Been helping them for a long time.

https://village2villageproject.org/lives-changed/

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,202 Posts
    Rep Points

I donate to homeless people all the time. I have always had a thing with helping that population, especially Vets. My family is a Military family so if I have cash and I see one of them, they are getting hooked up.

I worked in a homeless shelter in undergrad. As part of getting a Bachelors degree they required 8 hours of community service per semester, and then I eventually did an internship in a Homeless shelter for a full semester.

Most recently there was a homeless vet for about 2 months on a road near my house. If I saw him Id run to wendys, dunkin donuts, burger king..wherever and grab him food and give him a few bucks daily. Pull over and chat with him. I ended up reaching out the the Veteran Affairs and got some numbers to get him some help. Eventually he got placed in a Vet home of some sort in Buffalo NY, but we helped take care of him for a few months.

Now my girls even, if they see a homeless person will go into their purses and hand out a buck or two.

Makes you feel good to help these people in one way or another. Also I worked in soup kitchens many times.

The worst for me is seeing young kids in those situations. That's very sad to me. We grew up poor but not that poor.

Cool post OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Saw a vid years ago of starving kids in Africa. Some American folks were driving into a village that had no roads. As they came into the village two small boys were laying on the ground in agony starving to death. There was a small hut nearby. A few minutes later a little girl appeared with some leaves and a bucket of water. She gave the boys leaves to eat and started washing them. They were covered head to toe in dirt and were severely malnourished. One was crippled but both were close to death. they had rags for clothes. The American woman started bawling and had the others with her give the kids some crackers. She was there to feed kids. She took the kids with her and they went to another area where the kids got medical attention, food and clothes. She runs an organization called Village2village. Great people who are literally saving orphans. Been helping them for a long time.

https://village2villageproject.org/lives-changed/
    Thanks for the link.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Rep Points

I did some work for a jewish guy a couple years back. Nicest guy Ive ever met. He was always trying to do favors for me and anyone he could. He had a word for it, it was part of their religious tradition. Futzpah or something like that.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    801 Posts
    Rep Points

Went to the store for some groceries today. It’s cold as fuck out....and snowing! Saw a man on the corner asking for change. I have him a $50. No joke. I always give my change and money to people like this. I have been blessed so I share.

SXRIPT
    “Where everyone can afford it and enjoy it.”

PM me with any questions
    Email Red Bird for list redsxript@ctemplar.com