Is frutose so bad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

Is frutose so bad?

We all know is very hard to bulk when is a real bulk eating clean food , and of course one easy way to get calories without going to McDonalds is add fruit juice, honey, and bananas to the offseason diet. But when you search on google said fructose is only absorved by liver and only a couple of fruits are enough and the rest will be stored as fat because the body dont uses fructose as glycogen , is that true?
    But some top pros use alot fruit juice offseason and honey like Antoinne Vailant , and is coached by a good coach. Is he wrong?

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts
    Rep Points

If you are sedentary and not using that energy sure. But if your an athlete, itís converted to usable energy.

Donít forget most juice etc on the market contains HFCS, which is completely different.

Got questions about BTC or want an list
    Email RED BIRD at redsxript@ctemplar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

What is HFCS? sorry my ignorance

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    What is HFCS? sorry my ignorance
    High fructose corn syrup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Rep Points

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I see people eat fruit post workout.. for the "insulin spike" and to "replenish glycogen". It's not going to do any of that.

Most bodybuilders eat oats and rice.. or something along those lines. They will add fruit to these for taste, to help with digestion, and for the micronutrients. But, the diet is not based on that. I don't think adding fruit to a diet will make you fat.. but that is taking into consideration a person isn't eating 10+ servings a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

What should be the safest amount of fructose? because 300ml in each meal like Antoine Vaillant do is alot of juice during day . eat over 5k calories clean food almost impossible , so what is the solution to go over? fast food or juices????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Rep Points

What should be the safest amount of fructose? because 300ml in each meal like Antoine Vaillant do is alot of juice during day . eat over 5k calories clean food almost impossible , so what is the solution to go over? fast food or juices????
    When my food and carb intake were high, I'd always have some form of dextrose for intra and post workout. Then other meals would be very macro dense. I'm not saying fast food is a good option, but things like pizza or burgers and fries are easy to eat and packed with calories. I think the idea that bodybuilders are eating clean in their offseason is a bit misleading. If you follow them on instagram.. you will see they are always going out to eat. Then things change when they start prep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,945 Posts
    Rep Points

I only use fresh fruit. No dried, packaged, or processed anything. Never got fat eating a ton of fruit and vegetables daily. Other than that, I avoid it. Just a personal choice. CHEAT MEALS: all bets are off! I eat whatever I want.

Max

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    I only use fresh fruit. No dried, packaged, or processed anything. Never got fat eating a ton of fruit and vegetables daily. Other than that, I avoid it. Just a personal choice. CHEAT MEALS: all bets are off! I eat whatever I want.

Max
    I approve this message. I eat tons of fruit, potatoes and some rice. In the summer all I eat is fruit for carbs. It just works for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Rep Points

GH15 told me pineapple juice was the secret

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

When your taking about drinking different juices Iím assuming your talking about orange, apple, pineapple juice etc correct?

I would understand consuming those at times versus juices such as Hi-C, Sunny D, and so on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Rep Points

I eat fruit every day like a healthy snack. ex Blueberries in my oat meal or 1/2 a banana or apple with peanut butter sprinkled with cinnamon. Winter time its oranges ,cantaloupe,Mango and kiwi for vitC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

I love fruit i can eat a whole complete pinnacle after meal or 10 bananas easy , but even on bullking i try to get quality gains , so thats why i ask if frutose orea so bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,945 Posts
    Rep Points

I love fruit i can eat a whole complete pinnacle after meal or 10 bananas easy , but even on bullking i try to get quality gains , so thats why i ask if frutose orea so bad?
    Yeah, I eat a ton. The key is : FRESH, Whole Fruit. Fructose is very general and includes too many products that are not good: even dried fruits and especially juices can yield poor results/effects on bf and health. If they took a lot of these obese kids and they were restricted to grilled or baked skinless, boneless, Chicken or Turkey Breasts or White fish and as much fresh fruit and vegetables as they wanted{but they have to be plain: no adding dressings-sauces-oils along with plain water, black tea or coffee no additions. I guarantee you they would drop weight. There are some medical and genetically fucked kids but, that is not an excuse for 95% of them. Food and more specifically {sugary, processed foods/sodas} along with Fast Food is the Addiction. I had a film/print location manager that was a Female; she is on the road/air traveling constantly. I was with her for a two week period and watched as she would come to the hotel room with breakfast and would eat : 2 big Carlís Jr. meals w a 44oz Soda every morning, what I didnít realize and found out after going to the rental car earlier than she woke up was that she was eating 3-4 other sandwiches every morning before she showed up and ate breakfast in front of me. Omg! So that was two full breakfast meals AND 3-4 other sandwiches within an hour! Now just compound that everyday, all day. She always had a 128oz Super Jug if Diet Coke w her too. She is a big money executive but looks to be about 5í 10Ē 415 or so. This was my first exposure to how obese people are deceptive about what they eat{or their families knowledge of what they eat}. Just a true disease. By the way; this woman was 29 yrs old.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

easy way to pack some extra cals is to use extra sauces on errrything haha like oatmeal (add honey), pancakes (syrup and jelly), rice (tsp. of olive oil per serving), protein shake (go all in: pb, fruit, spinach, nuts, whatever).

as to the original and primary question, ... no idea lol but i imagine as long as you eat and digest the sugars BEFORE exercise, you should burn it up. if you eat fruit right before bed.... you gone store it in ya fat spots.