• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Zarzuela de Peix (Spanish Cod Stew)

GarlicChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Here is a delicious Spanish cod stew recipe. Not for prep obviously, but can be used during normal dieting. Just weigh out your fish per serving and add a little broth and veggies. Just add a couple grams of fat and a few carbs to the macros of the fish and you should be pretty close to reality. You can also leave out the prosciutto or it can be substituted with some other kind of cured ham as long as it's not smoked like bacon. Wine can also be left out but it will lose a lot of it's complexity. But it can be modified to make a very tasty diet food if necessary.

3lb white fish (cod)
4oz prosciutto or pancetta, chopped
5 cloves garlic minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2tsp saffron threads
1/2c almond flour
Spanish EVOO
1c dry white wine
2.5c fish stock (or 1/2c clam juice and 2c chicken broth)
Equivalent to 1 roasted red bell pepper (jarred roasted red peppers)
28oz can whole peeled san marzano tomatoes (tomatoes only)
1tbsp tomato paste
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp sea salt
1tsp dried thyme
1.5tsp smoked spanish paprika (if you don't have spanish pimenton de la vara, substitute 3/4 tsp smoked paprika and 3/4 tsp regular paprika)
1/2tsp black pepper
1tbsp dried parsley

Cut the fish into small, 1.5" chunks. Place in bowl and set aside in refrigerator.

In a small, dry fry pan over medium heat, toast the saffron threads, tossing constantly until fragrant and a shade darker, about 1 minute. Set aside in small bowl, and when cool crumble with fingertips.

In small pot, set stock to a low simmer and add bay leaves, parsley, and thyme. Cover and let simmer very low.

In stock pot, fry prosciutto to render some of the fat. Set cooked prosciutto aside.

Reduce heat to medium and add enough olive oil to saute the veggies with, onions, peppers, and salt. Saute until tender.

Add garlic and saute until tender and a light glaze develops on the bottom of the pot.

Deglaze pan with wine and simmer until reduced a little and all the alcohol smell is gone. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, saffron, paprika, and black pepper. Pour in the stock and bring to simmer. Add almond flour. Simmer for around 5 minutes to blend the flavors.

Add fish to stock. Cook until fish is done. Remove from heat and serve. Goes great with some rice, or eaten plain.

Here is a delicious Spanish cod stew recipe. Not for prep obviously, but can be used during normal dieting. Just weigh out your fish per serving and add a little broth and veggies. Just add a couple grams of fat and a few carbs to the macros of the fish and you should be pretty close to reality. You can also leave out the prosciutto or it can be substituted with some other kind of cured ham as long as it's not smoked like bacon. Wine can also be left out but it will lose a lot of it's complexity. But it can be modified to make a very tasty diet food if necessary.

3lb white fish (cod)
4oz prosciutto or pancetta, chopped
5 cloves garlic minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2tsp saffron threads
1/2c almond flour
Spanish EVOO
1c dry white wine
2.5c fish stock (or 1/2c clam juice and 2c chicken broth)
Equivalent to 1 roasted red bell pepper (jarred roasted red peppers)
28oz can whole peeled san marzano tomatoes (tomatoes only)
1tbsp tomato paste
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp sea salt
1tsp dried thyme
1.5tsp smoked spanish paprika (if you don't have spanish pimenton de la vara, substitute 3/4 tsp smoked paprika and 3/4 tsp regular paprika)
1/2tsp black pepper
1tbsp dried parsley

Cut the fish into small, 1.5" chunks. Place in bowl and set aside in refrigerator.

In a small, dry fry pan over medium heat, toast the saffron threads, tossing constantly until fragrant and a shade darker, about 1 minute. Set aside in small bowl, and when cool crumble with fingertips.

In small pot, set stock to a low simmer and add bay leaves, parsley, and thyme. Cover and let simmer very low.

In stock pot, fry prosciutto to render some of the fat. Set cooked prosciutto aside.

Reduce heat to medium and add enough olive oil to saute the veggies with, onions, peppers, and salt. Saute until tender.

Add garlic and saute until tender and a light glaze develops on the bottom of the pot.

Deglaze pan with wine and simmer until reduced a little and all the alcohol smell is gone. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, saffron, paprika, and black pepper. Pour in the stock and bring to simmer. Add almond flour. Simmer for around 5 minutes to blend the flavors.

Add fish to stock. Cook until fish is done. Remove from heat and serve. Goes great with some rice, or eaten plain.

Love it! I will make it guaranteed!! I just made a cod dish tonight. I have been doing a lot of seafood lately. Anything Spanish or Saffron I love!! Especially w garlic and Pancetta! Omg !!

Max

Love it! I will make it guaranteed!! I just made a cod dish tonight. I have been doing a lot of seafood lately. Anything Spanish or Saffron I love!! Especially w garlic and Pancetta! Omg !!

Max
Haha you'll like it man! It's amazing. Tastes identical to a dish I had at a place in Barcelona, sans the other seafood like mussels, clams, and octopus.

Haha you'll like it man! It's amazing. Tastes identical to a dish I had at a place in Barcelona, sans the other seafood like mussels, clams, and octopus.

I have a family Paella pan that is very seasoned!! Cannot wait! Plus I make the best Pulpo!!

Max

Back