• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Best way to train?

MONSTRO

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I Never train more than 3 days row, and never more than 5 days week
Never go over 60min
12 sets big muscles and 9 sets small
only one set to failure per exercise
reps from 5 to 10

and you will grow much more

Never go over 60min
reps from 5 to 10

Sounds about right to me

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Never go over 60min
reps from 5 to 10

Indeed.
I have used a similar routine/schedule format in the past and got great results. Not sure why I stopped.
I am positive I am over-training right now. For example, when on gear, everything is amplified: strength, endurance, etc. There is the feeling of, "shit, I feel strong, the weights feel light, I can keep on lifting, so lets keep on lifting." I end up doing way more sets than I intended to and most likely ended up being counter-productive. Sure, I imagine there are times and places to go all out and stress the body to the max for extended periods, but not ALL the time. Diminishing returns and all that.

Would be curious of the input from smarter guys than me on this subject of overtraining.

Indeed.
I have used a similar routine/schedule format in the past and got great results. Not sure why I stopped.
I am positive I am over-training right now. For example, when on gear, everything is amplified: strength, endurance, etc. There is the feeling of, "shit, I feel strong, the weights feel light, I can keep on lifting, so lets keep on lifting." I end up doing way more sets than I intended to and most likely ended up being counter-productive. Sure, I imagine there are times and places to go all out and stress the body to the max for extended periods, but not ALL the time. Diminishing returns and all that.

Would be curious of the input from smarter guys than me on this subject of overtraining.
Im sure im no smarter than you but here's my 2 cents. 1st off truly "overtrained" is really hard to do in the literal sense. You'll lose sleep, chronically sore for days, sex drive and appetite is gone, and you just won't move if ya dont have to. That said, a "functional overreaching" phase can be quite productive due to the Super compensation it can provide. So if you start to notice any of the effects mentioned before it's time to maybe finish ur week and deload. Deload can mean different things to people but to me I say cut volume in half and cut intensity to 70ish percent. Over reaching can be strategically reached in a few ways. For example, percentages of 1rm are pushed higher over several weeks or week 1 work to 2 reps in reserve(RIR) and over the next several weeks push to 0 RIR and then use intensity techniques the last week for every body part. Or use percentages of 1rm and work up to hitting doubles with 95%(shouldn't be 95% anymore at this point) on all your lifts That week for a few sets. That should pretty much have you there then deload the next week to 10 days and repeat. I could really go into details and sound smarter but that would be a book but that's the jist of it.

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Im sure im no smarter than you but here's my 2 cents. 1st off truly "overtrained" is really hard to do in the literal sense. You'll lose sleep, chronically sore for days, sex drive and appetite is gone, and you just won't move if ya dont have to. That said, a "functional overreaching" phase can be quite productive due to the Super compensation it can provide. So if you start to notice any of the effects mentioned before it's time to maybe finish ur week and deload. Deload can mean different things to people but to me I say cut volume in half and cut intensity to 70ish percent. Over reaching can be strategically reached in a few ways. For example, percentages of 1rm are pushed higher over several weeks or week 1 work to 2 reps in reserve(RIR) and over the next several weeks push to 0 RIR and then use intensity techniques the last week for every body part. Or use percentages of 1rm and work up to hitting doubles with 95%(shouldn't be 95% anymore at this point) on all your lifts That week for a few sets. That should pretty much have you there then deload the next week to 10 days and repeat. I could really go into details and sound smarter but that would be a book but that's the jist of it.

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Thank you for this and it makes sense. Yea, I'm def not over-trained by your definition, but probably getting close if I kept it up for another month or so. Honestly, my program right now is somewhat scattered so I gotta get that handled first and foremost.
Again, thank you for the insights and they are much appreciated.

Thank you for this and it makes sense. Yea, I'm def not over-trained by your definition, but probably getting close if I kept it up for another month or so. Honestly, my program right now is somewhat scattered so I gotta get that handled first and foremost.
Again, thank you for the insights and they are much appreciated.
No problem and ur welcome

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Overtraining is very easy to achieve mostly when you train like me , all sets to failure with rest pauses and drop sets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxs9hRycQE

If this is actually you, then yes, you are indeed in great, great shape and work very hard. But, you said in your first post that "only one set to failure per exercise". So, what is it? All sets to failure or only one set to failure per exercise? I can't imagine every set to failure all the time is productive.

Would have been much better videos without the gay nightclub pop music. Impressive physique, though!

i mean, I can’t argue with what you say but muscle is built from tearing and rebuilding. More tears (longer harder workouts) + more rebuilding (high cals and macros) = bigger stronger muscle. Train hard, diet well, grow more. Just my $0.02

the music does suck imo. but the LBM is real. way to kill it.

On enough gear it becomes very hard to overtrain the actual muscles since you are anabolic 24/7, but the CNS still takes a hit and you can still feel extremely fatigued, which is a symptom of overtraining.

Overtraining comes in different packaging and greatly depends on things both in the gym and out of the gym. Overtraining is not one dimensional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of motivation to train and injuries are two tell tale signs of overtraining.

The op gave some good advice.

The 60 minutes is underrated but so important. Bc after 60 min the body starts releasing cortisol into the system bc of the “stress” and it has negative impacts on gains.

Chris please read all . i post this videos to show you when i overtrain every day , yes im shreded but flat and lighter , now im more 35 pounds at least and great condition . Overtraining is the worst you can get , never train all sets yo failure and never go over 3 days straight on gym .

Chris please read all . i post this videos to show you when i overtrain every day , yes im shreded but flat and lighter , now im more 35 pounds at least and great condition . Overtraining is the worst you can get , never train all sets yo failure and never go over 3 days straight on gym .

Gotcha.
From the videos you are the real deal, very impressive. I understand now what you are meaning. Thank you

Get Shredded!

I think this is actually backwards, the smaller the muscle the higher number of sets and frequency you can do since it recovers faster. I grew my delts by doing 25+ sets a week over like 6 days a week

If I can't hit PRs for a few sessions in a row while bulking I realize I need to deload or take at least a full week completely off, It took me so long to be discplined enough to actually do it but that is how I keep progressing now. If a deload doesn't work then that means its time to switch gears on nutrition going into a cut or just lowering carbs for awhile.

Last edited:
MustardTiger you said all , if you dont gain streght you are overtraining , and deload is necessary at least 1 week every 8 to 12 weeks to full recover body. Overtraining is not just physical but mostly mental stress from hard workouts

I think this is actually backwards, the smaller the muscle the higher number of sets and frequency you can do since it recovers faster. I grew my delts by doing 25+ sets a week over like 6 days a week

In general, larger muscles need more work/stimulus.

Not disputing your shoulder growth. But to be fair, shoulders are considered more a larger group (biceps would be small).

After you break down the shoulder into front, medial, and rear heads... you can really do a lot.

My shoulder routine:
5 sets shoulder press.
4 sets lateral raises.
3 sets shrugs.
3 sets upright rows.
4 sets rear delts.

I don’t do anterior head bc feel all my heavy benching is enough.

Anyway, shoulders are kinda an exception. IMO

I think is way to much , alot for shoulders , most top pros do 12 sets and only one to faiilure in each exercice . How many sets to failure you do? because this is the most critical think in overtraining

I think is way to much , alot for shoulders , most top pros do 12 sets and only one to faiilure in each exercice . How many sets to failure you do? because this is the most critical think in overtraining
So you're saying what works for an ifbb pro, slamming 4 grams of gear, is gonna work the same way for the average gym rat, pinning just 600mg?

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

Yes if they use alot of gear and do less sets why natty guy do more sets . Im here to help just with my knowlage.

Yes if they use alot of gear and do less sets why natty guy do more sets . Im here to help just with my knowlage.

Yes, and I/we appreciate your knowledge. If we are all using the same standard of focus, form and concentration, in terms of each exercise and set, then yea, you don't need more sets (beyond what Monstro recommends) if the quality of your sets and reps are on point. I am 100% guilty of sometimes going through the motions and not giving 100% focus on the exercise. I guess this is a key area that separates the casuals from the elites.
Like Dorian Yates, he logged every rep and every workout in a notebook...down to the scintilla of detail in terms of what was working, what wasn't, etc.

The point is that the average exercise/set/rep for a pro BB compared to a gym rat are most likely not equal in terms of focus and making the most.

that was almost 0 sets to failure back in the day, I would do RPE 8 week one and ramp up slowly to RPE 10 in the last week. I don't do this kind of training now, I would do it again if I really wanted to grow my shoulders a lot but they are my best feature so I just maintain them and work on other stuff for now

Last edited:
Lets say you train like a puss....... them you need more sets , if you train really intense hardcore you cand so more than 12 sets per workout

Check my workout :

Back