• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Ever wonder how much donating blood lowers your hemoglobin?

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I donated blood recently and asked whether they would test my hemoglobin again after the test. They agreed, actually seemed very interested to know themselves and claimed it is the first time anybody has asked. I have always been too curious for my own good.

Prior to donating 14.3

donated double reds

After donating 13.8

So there it is, immediately after donating.

I donated blood recently and asked whether they would test my hemoglobin again after the test. They agreed, actually seemed very interested to know themselves and claimed it is the first time anybody has asked. I have always been too curious for my own good.

Prior to donating 14.3

donated double reds

After donating 13.8

So there it is, immediately after donating.
Interesting. I've got to try this out next time I go.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Sample size of 1.

I am not a scientist and unqualified to be drawing any conclusions.

There was no control group.

All kinds of problems with this study.

Interesting. I bet it would go lower once you're rehydrated as well, since the blood volume would increase back to normal and thin it out more.

[h=3]What is hemoglobin?[/h]
Hemoglobin is the protein molecule in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to the body's tissues and returns carbon dioxide from the tissues back to the lungs.

[h=3]What does a high hemoglobin level mean?[/h]
Higher than normal hemoglobin levels can be seen in people living at high altitudes and in people who smoke. Dehydration produces a falsely high hemoglobin measurement that disappears when proper fluid balance is restored.
Some other infrequent causes are high hemoglobin levels are:

• advanced lung disease (for example, emphysema);
  • certain tumors;
  • a disorder of the bone marrow known as polycythemia rubra vera, and;
  • abuse of the drug erythropoietin (Epogen) by athletes for blood doping purposes (increasing the amount of oxygen available to the body by chemically raising the production of red blood cells).

Mine dropped from 18.4 to 17.5

Bloods were taken a couple days after donating.

Back