• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cholesterol

Well, that should make work a little interesting; more so folks asking why I'm so red

Right! I tried taking it before bed and woke up and my face was on fire for 30min at 1am! SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys can always try taking 325mg of Aspirin 15-30 min before taking the niacin.

Another thing, is taking it with a meal or low-fat snack before bed - ensuring you are well hydrated, as well.

Lots of studies lately that aspirin and fish oil do not work.

That's been my experience but decide for yourself.

Lots of studies lately that aspirin and fish oil do not work.

That's been my experience but decide for yourself.

Really? Fish oil doesn't work? Not trying to question you, just wondering if you have a direct article on that from recently? Would like to read for my own knowledge.

It never made a difference with cholesterol or blood pressure so stopped taking it.

Genetics are the biggest driver of cardiovascular health.

not sure if anyone has posted this here but... gw-501516 (Cardarine) brings ldl down and hdl up. not to mention the cardio boost

Get Shredded!
not sure if anyone has posted this here but... gw-501516 (Cardarine) brings ldl down and hdl up. not to mention the cardio boost
there’s research suggesting it cause cancer in a relatively short period of time.

there’s research suggesting it cause cancer in a relatively short period of time.

That research was done on rats years ago an given a supraphysiological dose. We as humans must take a shit-ton to get the same result.

What can I take to combat the bad cholesterol in cycle?

Help with HDL/LDL Cholesterol

Most bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts that use AAS/AI/SERM compounds see a change for the worse when they get their blood work during and after cycling. Even TRT has been shown to change your cholesterol ratios for th e worse. I did some research on the subject using NIH, JAMA, Harvard Research, Web MD, the Cleveland Clinic, National Heart Foundation, and others. Below are some ways to try to combat this. Please feel free to add to this list as I am always looking to improve my bloods and try to stay as healthy as possible.

Add these foods to lower LDL cholesterol:
Lots of colorful salads, Oats, Barley and other whole grains, Fresh garlic, Beans, Eggplant and okra, Nuts{big +}, apples, grapes, strawberries, citrus fruits, Fatty fish, Fiber supplements 20-30g , extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, flax seeds/oil.

Lifestyle:
Increased cardio, quit tobacco, lower processed foods, if you drink alcohol; limit your intake to 2 drinks per day. If you dont drink; dont start.

Supplements:
Red Yeast Rice{10mg monacolin K}, Citrus Bergamot, fish oils, niacin, green tea extract, garlic, artichoke leaf extract, Hawthorne berry extract, plant sterols. * soy was shown to help but there were too many pros and cons for me to get into.
Cardarine and Ostarine were both shown in studies to help with cholesterol but there was a lack of evidence to prove that. I have seen positive improvements on the forums by members using cardarine.

one study published in the Journal of Sports Sciences, by walking or running 50 to 60 minutes per day, five days per week for 12 weeks, overweight men significantly decreased their body fat, insulin resistance, blood pressure and “bad cholesterol” levels while upping their “good cholesterol.”

FIBRATES:

Doctors often prescribe a fibrate for patients who can't take a statin. Like the statins, fibrates reduce the body's cholesterol production. They are substantially better at boosting HDL levels but not as good as a statin in lowering LDL levels.

Gemfibrozil (Lopid) and fenofibrate (TriCor) appear equally safe and effective. Fenofibrate is more convenient, since it is taken once rather than twice a day, but generic gemfibrozil is substantially less expensive. The fibrates are particularly effective in patients with high triglycerides and low HDL. Fibrates should not be taken by patients with advanced liver or kidney disease, and they should not be combined with a statin, a Harvard study found that the combination of a statin and a fibrate increases that risk more than sixfold.

VITAMIN B3/NIACIN:

It's a natural vitamin, vitamin B3. It also has the best effect on HDL cholesterol as well as an excellent ability to lower triglycerides and a good ability to reduce LDL levels. But that doesn't mean niacin is right for you. To improve your cholesterol levels, you'll need 20–200 times more niacin than the Dietary Reference Intake of 15 mg a day. At those doses, niacin has potentially serious side effects. Whether you get it with a doctor's prescription or on your own, treat niacin as a serious drug. Use it only if you must, always under medical supervision.

The many niacin preparations fall into two categories, crystalline and controlled release. Crystalline niacin is quickly absorbed and rapidly metabolized, so it's usually taken two or three times a day, ideally at the end of a meal (but not with hot foods or beverages). Many patients experience unpleasant itching, flushing, and headaches, particularly as the dose is slowly increased. This side effect can be minimized by taking an 81-mg aspirin tablet 30–60 minutes before taking niacin.

ZETIA/Ezetimibe:

A type of cholesterol-lowering drug, ezetimibe (Zetia), is assuming a significant clinical role. The drug acts by blocking the intestinal absorption of cholesterol in a different way than the resins do. On its own, a 10-mg dose can reduce LDL cholesterol levels by 17%–19%, a major benefit. When added to a statin drug, ezetimibe can produce additional LDL reductions of about 25% without boosting the risk of statin side effects. Ezetimibe can enable some patients who experience side effects from high-dose statins to reduce the dose to one that is tolerated. As a result, the FDA has approved a preparation combining simvastatin and ezetimibe in a single tablet (Vytorin).
Ezetimibe has remarkably few side effects; a few patients may develop mild diarrhea. It also has a very low potential to interact with other medications. Another advantage is the convenience of taking a single 10-mg tablet once a day. The only apparent disadvantages are the limited clinical experience and its expense.
Don't despair if you can't take a statin. Above all, remember that even statins finish second behind lifestyle therapy. Even if you can't take a statin, you can enjoy the many benefits and pleasures! Using healthy diet, an exercise program, and taking some of the supplements I mentioned in the first post after speaking with your physician can vastly improve your situation. I will remind you that QUITTING ALL TYPES OF TOBACCO has a drastic effect improving both LDL and HDL levels on its own, obviously no one here is just going to pick up tobacco use as a habit but, the ones who do, quitting is a MAJOR plus in improving your overall health and your ability to build a better physique in every single way. Do what it takes and teach one goal per day!

Max

That research was done on rats years ago an given a supraphysiological dose. We as humans must take a shit-ton to get the same result.

I disagree. Genetically modified rats are a great way to determine if a certain drug is detrimental to a human.

It's not like they stuck a shit ton of this up a rat's ass to prove it was cancerous.

GlaxoSmithKline had a ton of money to make off this drug but it did not pass the phase one trials because of the cancer causing issue.

My understanding is that GW501516 (cardarine) is associated with the spread of cancerous cells but not actually with creating cancerous cells. This is not to say that it’s safe and I think the biggest indicator that it’s not safe is simply that GSK pulled out after investing millions. Those guys are great at making money and if they opted to take a loss then it was for a really good reason.

On the other hand, I’ve read that SR9009 can actually cause cancer cells to die and it seems to improve lipids. Early days though and insufficient testing.

- - - Updated - - -

cardarine
I shouldn’t have mentioned this. I was drunk.

Keep it simple teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil every morning

There's some good info in this thread, just going to drop what I take/have taken and recommend for cholesterol as well as the dosages I've personally taken. While cholesterol can be hereditary it should be kept under control. Keep in mind that Anabolics like Test will raise your chol, but also need it to work correctly. The best way to monitor you Chol is going to be blood work, if it's pretty normal and goes up during a cycle I wouldn't be overly concerned. By no means do you need to take ALL of this either.

Citrus Bergamot 50% PolyPhenols- 1000mg
Trans-Resveratrol- 1200mg
Ubiquinol (CoQ10)- 200mg
Bilberry- 2400mg
Red Yeast Rice- 600mg
Grape Seed Extract- 150mg
Policosanol- 20mg
Artichoke Extract- 500mg
Beta-Sistosterol- 2000mgs

There's some good info in this thread, just going to drop what I take/have taken and recommend for cholesterol as well as the dosages I've personally taken. While cholesterol can be hereditary it should be kept under control. Keep in mind that Anabolics like Test will raise your chol, but also need it to work correctly. The best way to monitor you Chol is going to be blood work, if it's pretty normal and goes up during a cycle I wouldn't be overly concerned. By no means do you need to take ALL of this either.

Ubiquinol (CoQ10)- 200mg
Bilberry- 2400mg
Red Yeast Rice- 600mg
Policosanol- 20mg
Artichoke Extract- 500mg
What have ur levels been in the past compared to now with all these items,?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sometimes when i see the price of all these supps, compared to a statin, and a few supps to mitigate sides from the statin, its almost easier& cheaper to choose a statin... and add a few supps instead of purchasing 20 items that cost a bunch more

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Ubiquinol (CoQ10)- 200mg
Bilberry- 2400mg
Red Yeast Rice- 600mg
Policosanol- 20mg
Artichoke Extract- 500mg

Mind if I ask what you take on cycle vs. not on cycle? Do you incorporate this into TRT, as well?

Back