Survival Prepping

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,812

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    459
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Survival Prepping

    If you wanted to be prepared in case government collapses:

    what you do ?

    No apocalypse type shit , but things you would buy and stock in order to survive.

    Lets say a 12 month stash where you are self sufficient for 1 year.

    I donít live a life of fear where Iím always preaching the end of the world and worried that society is about to come to an end but I just have this feeling I need to prepare in case some non sense happens. Fortunately, I live in a great place filled with good ole boys.

    Im thinking self protection and food along with some survival gear.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Swolewelder's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,043

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    289
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    354
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points
    18660100

    Fishing rod, bait cage, compound bow or xbow would be excellent things to have obviously depending on the area you live

  3. #3
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,736

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,587
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Theres a laundry list of things a person or family would want, here are some of the basic necessities I think everyone should have for inclement weather or a temporary cutoff in the supply chain:
    canned foods, rice, beans, fresh water filtration and some bottles, water purification pills, gas, generator, ammo, pistol(s), rifle(s), flashlights, batteries, candles, lighters, knife, hygiene essentials.
    Last edited by HFO3; 10-10-2020 at 11:42 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    FLsnakeman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,244

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    270
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    394
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Rep Points
    782667623

    Definitely fishing gear, a good rifle, shotgun, and handgun. A tent full of comforters and pillows, solar fan, water distilling stuff. Lighters, knives, hand tools, nails, screws. Rope. Plenty of ammo. Should be enough to get by for awhile off somewhere nobody would bother you.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,524

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,634
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,327
    Thanked in
    2,103 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Did you end up buying that AR10? That was a good start.

  6. #6
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,736

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,587
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Did you end up buying that AR10? That was a good start.

    agreed, you can still find them online and have one shipped to a local dealer for a $50 transfer fee. Most deals offer a class, take it, you and your family so you dont kill each other by accident. lol. Ammo can still be bought online also. make you house a fortress and then go to the range once a week to develop muscle memory of pulling your weapon and firing at a target, its a safety concern and a vital part of effectively owning a weapon.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,524

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,634
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,327
    Thanked in
    2,103 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    agreed, you can still find them online and have one shipped to a local dealer for a $50 transfer fee. Most deals offer a class, take it, you and your family so you dont kill each other by accident. lol. Ammo can still be bought online also. make you house a fortress and then go to the range once a week to develop muscle memory of pulling your weapon and firing at a target, its a safety concern and a vital part of effectively owning a weapon.
    Everything about this post I agree with. These are serious weapons and they need to be handled as such. Round up Ammo as you can and get to the range. I went two days ago. Itís expensive, but very fun, and most of all something everyone should learn and understand considering the world we live in.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Swolewelder's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,043

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    289
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    354
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points
    18660100

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Everything about this post I agree with. These are serious weapons and they need to be handled as such. Round up Ammo as you can and get to the range. I went two days ago. Itís expensive, but very fun, and most of all something everyone should learn and understand considering the world we live in.
    With ammo being so hard to get right now, Iíve had to dial my range days back ALOT. At this point Iím just trying to keep 1k rounds for my larger calibers and use my .22, .380, 9mm for practice. What about you?

  9. #9
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,736

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,587
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Everything about this post I agree with. These are serious weapons and they need to be handled as such. Round up Ammo as you can and get to the range. I went two days ago. Itís expensive, but very fun, and most of all something everyone should learn and understand considering the world we live in.

    ya know, I hope this never happens, I truly do but If shit goes so far south we need weapons to survive, some of us ASF bros could be a force to reckon with if we wanted to be. I know some guys that I would be calling on right away, and they know they can call on me, thats for sure. wink-wink

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,524

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,634
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,327
    Thanked in
    2,103 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Swolewelder View Post
    With ammo being so hard to get right now, Iíve had to dial my range days back ALOT. At this point Iím just trying to keep 1k rounds for my larger calibers and use my .22, .380, 9mm for practice. What about you?
    Same as you. Stumbled into some 5.56 today so that was great. Got a plenty healthy stash of that and .308 now. Much like you, a thousand rounds at least of each caliber and any over that gets shot down range. The ammo is around, just gotta be at the right place at the right time and willing to pay whatever they want per round. Money be damned, I buy ammo whenever I come across the right calibers.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Swolewelder's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,043

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    289
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    354
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points
    18660100

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Same as you. Stumbled into some 5.56 today so that was great. Got a plenty healthy stash of that and .308 now. Much like you, a thousand rounds at least of each caliber and any over that gets shot down range. The ammo is around, just gotta be at the right place at the right time and willing to pay whatever they want per round. Money be damned, I buy ammo whenever I come across the right calibers.
    Shooting as a hobby has become very expensive these days, Iím glad you found some 5.56 in my area it basically stays out of stock unless you know somebody haha

  12. #12
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,524

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,634
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,327
    Thanked in
    2,103 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    ya know, I hope this never happens, I truly do but If shit goes so far south we need weapons to survive, some of us ASF bros could be a force to reckon with if we wanted to be. I know some guys that I would be calling on right away, and they know they can call on me, thats for sure. wink-wink
    Plan for the worst, and hope for the best. Itís all we can do at this point in time.

    Im willing to bet if we gathered the correct crowd of asf broís we could have stormed the beaches of Normandy and took control.

  13. #13
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,736

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,587
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    https://www.bulkammo.com/rifle/bulk-5.56x45-ammo


    5.56 1000 rounds for sale 725.00 plus shipping


    these guys also have 9mm when the entire 9mm world was OUT OF STOCK, LOL. it was pricey but hey they deliver in less than 5 business days
    Last edited by HFO3; 10-10-2020 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    maxmuscle1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13,380

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18,495
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,869
    Thanked in
    6,756 Posts
    Rep Points
    627575407

    The ability to make alcohol{I donít drink but it is a good currency, horde medicine, gold or silver pieces. Ammo, purifier pump and a 90 day supply of MRE(self heating). Outdoor living gear. Good personality and sales skills(if people like you, they will go the mile to help you put. I have one friend{neighbor that basically has an weapons depot 10,000ís of ammo. I will walk to his house right away! He is like my grandpas age and all he does is fish, bow hunt,
    And drink Busch(unless his wife cut him off). I learned everything from him. He is one of those guys who knows how to bulld, fashion, or make/fix anything. From the ground up!í Really cool person. Itís weird because he is like 70 but, We are like friends of the same age. He can out work and 20-30 yr old I know. He doesnít exercise or follow any rules except loving his wife(even though she is kind of a wretched troll. lol
    It is like hanging with that guy that you can talk to forever because he has done it all, From drafted right Vietnam to casual hookups, crazy drunken, seemingly impossible situations he has been in. He actually lived on an island and made a homemade raft boat out of wood to runaway from home and float to Mexico, lol. He was 13! (A girl was involved) . He refuses to use a blind or tree stand and has not shot a deer in 7 years(always and excuse) I think he wonít kill one ever anymore. He likes to get all camoíd out and just doesnt move. He said when he spots a deer, his adrenaline starts going and he cant move - adrenaline and sitting still for hours(his excuse) .

    Max

  15. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,812

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    459
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Did you end up buying that AR10? That was a good start.
    saving for it. Hoping by Jan or Feb.

    Iíve been reading up on building my own like others have been saying. Still would be around 700$-800$.

    but yeah, thatís going to be the start to my prep .

    of course my dad and his brothers have a small Arsenal.

    one thing that didnít even cross my mind was a fishing rod and bow.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2019, 10:24 AM
  2. Mistakes Youíre Making with Meal Prepping
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2018, 04:10 AM
  3. Russia prepping for WW111
    By Sumner in forum The Pit
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 02:00 AM
  4. Prepping with tren a
    By Remix82 in forum Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2016, 12:46 PM
  5. Prepping for a Bodybuilding Show
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums