• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs Super 1-Andro Cream® A Transermal 1-Andro - On Sale $59.99!🔥

At Over 300lbs Of Mass, Does Golias Fear For His Health?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
At Over 300lbs Of Mass, Does Golias Fear For His Health?

Craig Golias discusses weighing consistently over 300 pounds and whether or not he fears health issues down the road.

Craig Golias is a controversial bodybuilder due to his insanely massive physique. He has consistently weighed well over 300 pounds (mostly muscle mass) for years. His number one focus is to be as huge as possible at all times. His obsession with being huge is so intense that he often perfects the art of angling for every single one of his social media photos. All in an effort to look as massive as possible. In our latest GI Exclusive interview, Craig Golias and Vlad Yudin discuss the potential health issues of being so large for so long. Does Golias fear for his health? Will he eventually make a change?

Craig Golias wants to be as massive as possible. That’s his number one passion in life. It’s also why he was included as one of the featured athletes in our upcoming documentary Bigorexia (available October 16). In the film, he admits that while he isn’t officially diagnosed – he most likely suffers from bigorexia. He’s perfectly fine with that.

But being incredibly massive can come at a cost. Craig Golias’ obsession with being big has brought him to a weight of over 300 pounds. He’s kept that weight consistently for the past several years. While it’s all mostly muscle mass rather than fat – that kind of weight can still put major strain on the heart. So the big question is: does Golias worry about his health? Does he take precautions? Or does his desire to be big make him simply not care about the possible health risks?

Craig Golias was friends with Rich Piana, who tried an experiment to put on as much weight as possible shortly before he eventually died. While his weight gain was not directly linked to his death, many believe his lifestyle of focusing on being huge and his drug use contributed to his untimely passing.

During our video conversation with Craig Golias, we asked him if Rich Piana’s passing made him question his own lifestyle choices. Did it make him reconsider being as massive as possible?

Golias didn’t seem too worried. He explains that he feels as healthy today as he did when he was lighter. He also makes sure to schedule regular doctor visits to catch anything early. So far he’s had a clean bill of health. Golias goes on to explain that he uses far less steroids and eats far less food than most fans probably assume. He claims to not abuse steroids to the point of danger. He also makes sure to eat as healthy as possible. So no, on the whole he isn’t too worried about his heath at the moment.

He does, however, acknowledge that being over 300 pounds in the long term can have serious negative health effects. That’s why he does plan to one day trim down in his future – though he doesn’t indicate exactly how far down the road that will be. He uses Jay Cutler as the prime example of where he wants to eventually take his physique. Jay Cutler was a mass monster and 4x Olympia champion. When he retired, he trimmed down but still maintained an overall shredded and muscular look. Craig Golias thinks that’s the sweet spot he wants to hit.

Of course, that’s for the future. For now, he’s still focusing solely on staying over 300 pounds and looking as massive as possible. You can check out his full comments in our latest GI Exclusive interview segment above.

https://youtu.be/jRFXvKgd-4w

He's a huge, wide guy, but I've seen photos of him onstage and his bodybuilding genetics aren't great. I doubt he could ever achieve a Jay Cutler look as his muscles are big but for example his chest doesn't bunch up and look thick when he flexes.

I don’t know him but I see him a lot (he goes to some of the gyms I go to) and I never seen him look good, he’s massive but just big, he always look bulky to me. It’s not many real bb’ers that goes to those gyms so he definitely stands out, a lot, but idk, he’s not impressive to me, I never seen him lift anything impressively heavy either.

Unhealthy, unathletic and no endurance....what are guys this big really good for. Seems weird to look a certain way and then not be able to perform daily tasks that satisfy those around you. Its like false advertisement...a waste of space

Back