• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Advice on muscle

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok this is super hard to discribe but I’m gonna try. So I was doing Leg presses the other day and I felt what I thought was a muscle pull like in my right lat region of my back. Not sure how I did it but it didn’t seem that bad at the time so I kept moving on with my workout. It’s gotten worse the last few days but now it feels like it’s more in my right pec region. Actually both places now. If I cough or blow my nose it feels like someone is stabbing me almost behind my right pec or my lat. It’s like in between both if that’s possible but I can’t seem to get deep enough to rub it. Almost feels like it’s on the inside of my body if that makes any sense but I know it’s not. Any ideas on wtf I aggravated?

Have you noticed a loss of strength on your right side, especially when doing pressing movements? Sounds like a thoracic pinched nerve. I've been dealing with this same issue for about three weeks now

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

Honestly no but I haven’t worked chest yet since it happened. Sunday is when I felt it. Closest thing would have been military press yesterday but didn’t notice any loss of strength. I can say that workout seems to have made it a lot worse today. It’s definitely in my upper pec region and maybe a little lower in my back. Best way to describe it is if I got shot with an arrow and it went in through the front and is sticking out my back.

Also thank you for your response brother because this is a new one to me for sure.

Heat and massage... but it’s most likely a nerve. Gonna need to rest up bro

Ok this is super hard to discribe but I’m gonna try. So I was doing Leg presses the other day and I felt what I thought was a muscle pull like in my right lat region of my back. Not sure how I did it but it didn’t seem that bad at the time so I kept moving on with my workout. It’s gotten worse the last few days but now it feels like it’s more in my right pec region. Actually both places now. If I cough or blow my nose it feels like someone is stabbing me almost behind my right pec or my lat. It’s like in between both if that’s possible but I can’t seem to get deep enough to rub it. Almost feels like it’s on the inside of my body if that makes any sense but I know it’s not. Any ideas on wtf I aggravated?

You may have torn or pulled your intercostal cartilage in the ribs. Idk if it is palpable or not.
If it is internal and doesn’t hurt if someone presses that area, I would think about a CT or X-ray at least. Might have just jolted and had a tear/pull. Cartilage pain is terrible. From Boxing and Rugby, even under X-ray, doctors trip out when they look at my chest X-ray , say I look like I have been in hundreds of fights or been beaten w a bat all over. I laugh and say , it hurt then but, not now! Hope it is just a minor thing.

Max

I can get a little pain when I push on my upper pec but nothing like I should be feeling based on how bad the fucking spot hurts. It’s even hurting now when I walk down steps when my pec bounces. It’s super frustrating though because I cant reach it from any spot on the outside(Mrs AR even tried )so I guess it’s on the inside. Thank you to everyone that replied and sorry if I sound like a Whiney pussy but I just never had something like this occur where I couldn’t at least massage it. I guess I’ll try heat tonight and if it keeps getting worse I’ll head to get some scans. Uggggh. After 17 surgeries Im not looking forward to going in.

I can get a little pain when I push on my upper pec but nothing like I should be feeling based on how bad the fucking spot hurts. It’s even hurting now when I walk down steps when my pec bounces. It’s super frustrating though because I cant reach it from any spot on the outside(Mrs AR even tried )so I guess it’s on the inside. Thank you to everyone that replied and sorry if I sound like a Whiney pussy but I just never had something like this occur where I couldn’t at least massage it. I guess I’ll try heat tonight and if it keeps getting worse I’ll head to get some scans. Uggggh. After 17 surgeries Im not looking forward to going in.

You have rhomboid muscles that can always cause issues as well but it would be behind you following around your shoulder blades but they go up high in the back area. I don’t know clearly the area : upper pec area now but, internal? Your pectoral is attached to your clavicle and cervical nerves can cause all kinds of pain; make you think you have pain in your hand and it is because of a disc problem. I hope it goes away. See how 4 Advil help, it is an actual anti inflammatory at 800mg. If it does, you may get along better.

Max

I am voting for a rib popped out of place. Happens when focus is on one thing and the one you aren’t thinking about gets into play. Especial with twisting.

Thanks again to everyone that responded. Its really appreciated!!! It’s pretty much hurting constantly now so I guess there’s no getting around it. I’ll have to make an appointment in the A.M. and see if something shows up.

IML Gear Cream!
You may have torn or pulled your intercostal cartilage in the ribs. Idk if it is palpable or not.
If it is internal and doesn’t hurt if someone presses that area, I would think about a CT or X-ray at least. Might have just jolted and had a tear/pull. Cartilage pain is terrible. From Boxing and Rugby, even under X-ray, doctors trip out when they look at my chest X-ray , say I look like I have been in hundreds of fights or been beaten w a bat all over. I laugh and say , it hurt then but, not now! Hope it is just a minor thing.

Max

Well Max just left the Docs and apparently you hit the nail on the head. Says I tore rib cartilage up behind my Pec. Ofcourse he rattled of a bunch of technical terms that I didn’t understand but torn cartilage sums it up easiest. Gave me a script of pain meds and anti inflammatory’s and said rest. Recovery time is 3 to 12 weeks. Just depends on my body. No scans though. I’m assuming he’s seen it before or was just guessing. Wasn’t my regular Doc. He’s apparently on vacation. Lol I probably paid for that with my 17 previous surgeries.

Well Max just left the Docs and apparently you hit the nail on the head. Says I tore rib cartilage up behind my Pec. Ofcourse he rattled of a bunch of technical terms that I didn’t understand but torn cartilage sums it up easiest. Gave me a script of pain meds and anti inflammatory’s and said rest. Recovery time is 3 to 12 weeks. Just depends on my body. No scans though. I’m assuming he’s seen it before or was just guessing. Wasn’t my regular Doc. He’s apparently on vacation. Lol I probably paid for that with my 17 previous surgeries.

Damn, 3-12 weeks recovery. At least you know what you're dealing with now. Does that mean no training at all or light training? Something tells me you wouldn't listen to your doc if he said no training at all, lol

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Yeah, it happens a lot and clients end up needing pain medication or costochondral injections later down the road. They are a bitch, I tell you. I have so much previous trauma to that area(breaks, tears, calcifications)from boxing/rugby/recreation, I feel your pain from here. I am lucky as my pain went away after healing. I do see advanced age seniors getting the site injections of Marcaine/steroid (cortico) combo. Hope you heal up fast! I use msm, know gelatin, glucosamine-chondroitin to help repair, and anti inflammatory supplements to ease pain.

Max

Damn, 3-12 weeks recovery. At least you know what you're dealing with now. Does that mean no training at all or light training? Something tells me you wouldn't listen to your doc if he said no training at all, lol

LOL Well......I’m gonna do my best to train around it. I’ve torn rib cartilage and had many broken ribs but this is way higher than I’ve ever experienced before so I’m not sure how it’s gonna work out. Like I said I’m gonna try and see what I’m able to do without hurting anything further. I’ll let my body tell me and if it feels like I’m doing damage then I’ll just have to come off cycle and let it heal. I’m not fighting anymore so I really can’t see pushing anything too much. Thanks again for all the responses and well wishes. The informative replies mean more to me than you guys will ever realize.

Back