• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Powerlifting thread

apollyon

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Are there any other powerlifters here? Any thread to talk about training, meets, etc?

I’m thinking about competing, I need to add some weights to my lifts but it definitely would be fun to compete in the future. I wouldn’t say I train like a typical powerlifter but my training is based on the big 3.

Good stuff, I am less than 3 weeks out from my meet. You should find a local meet and do it, it's a ton of fun and get to meet some cool people.

What’s your weight class and what’s you best lift? I’m focusing to get my bench to 400 now and after that I will put some more effort to raise my deads and squats, when I have those in respectable numbers I would like try do a meet.

Ive competed a few times. Been almost 2 yrs. Slightly tore my tricep in my last full meet in 2018 on my last deadlift attempt. 5 wks later deadlifted and slipped 2 discs. Finally getting back after it and im 8 wks out from my meet.

I compete at 100kg or 220lbs. Target for this meet will be at least 500lb squat, 370+lb bench, 550+lb deadlift. All of these should be achievable with what I've already hit in this peak.

Ive competed a few times. Been almost 2 yrs. Slightly tore my tricep in my last full meet in 2018 on my last deadlift attempt. 5 wks later deadlifted and slipped 2 discs. Finally getting back after it and im 8 wks out from my meet.

Glad to hear your recovery has gone well! good luck at the meet. What are your goals?

Well in knee wraps and the 220 class. Ive hit 635 squat, 410 bench and 635 deadlift.
198 is what im shooting for this meet. Im about 210 right now. My squat and dead are no where near what they were. Id say hopefully a 585 squat, shooting for a 420 or better bench and a 600 or better deadlift. This is if all goes well. Im 38 so the whole heavy lifting is rough lol. What federation are you competing in?

Those are some solid numbers! I compete USPA, raw.

Last edited:
Ive only done rps meets so far. But may do a uspa one for the sole fact that in rps knee sleeves are in same caregory as knee wraps. Which is not even close lol

Have done 2 so far, with about 7 yrs of PL training. Been 2 months since I had a solid workout since the 'Rona. At 41, feeling my age, but I wanna try and get at least a couple more comps in.

Have done 2 so far, with about 7 yrs of PL training. Been 2 months since I had a solid workout since the 'Rona. At 41, feeling my age, but I wanna try and get at least a couple more comps in.

I'm only 36, but I hear you about starting to feel it. I've been lifting for ~6 years, but only focused on PL for 2 now. Hoping to still be able to keep it together and be competitive once I hit the masters class.

I’m way to much of a pussy to compete in powerlifting but.... what are the numbers to beat at 192LBS?

The top 198lb male lifter is John Haack. squat 655 bench 562 DL 849. He missed his 705 and 722lb squat attempts at this meet..

https://www.openpowerlifting.org/u/johnhaack
Holy fuck. Lol.

I got some work ahead of me if I ever wanna try powerlifting comps. Dayum!

my highest bench was 315 lol

squats was in the mid 300’s and I used to skip dead’s all the time so I’m not even gonna guess where they used to be but I never go over two plates per side these days.

too fat for bodybuilding, too weak for powerlifting, too old for rec sports .. was a gym rat to do?

Last edited:
Back