Cycle at 64 to gain muscle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,270 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    When I turned 60 it was like my body flipped a switch.
    This is still seven years away for me, but what sort of switch? I like to say my body flipped a switch at 50, because everything is different in 50s v 40s, but I am curious what you mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,270 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bryan View Post
    I'm taking the following
    50mg Anavar a day
    250 sustanon week
    200 cypinate week
    200 deca week
    250gm protein a day
    Supplements good
    Sleep getting better
    Training good getting stronger. Body fat going down. Just wondering if Im
    Missing something. I've been heavier before. I think that this time its going to take a little longer. Opinions welcome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    First, if you can squeeze it into your budget, even 2 iu growth hormone at your age would make a huge difference.

A second suggestion is to run your bloodwork before starting and then again during to sort of keep an eye on things. Also, buy a blood pressure monitor if you do not already have one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,184 Posts
    Rep Points

Made it to 57 last Monday.

My first cycle in Ď86(?) was one beaner Sust pre-load per week and 30mg/day Dbol, tapered up and tapered down over 10 weeks iirc. I gained a shitload of weight and muscle. Back then there was no clear nutrition protocol and people were just throwing shit against the wall to see what stuck. No wide supplement choices or products.

If guys today would just listen they could make massive improvement with minimal risk instead of this haphazard bullshit that riddles the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    Made it to 57 last Monday.

My first cycle in Ď86(?) was one beaner Sust pre-load per week and 30mg/day Dbol, tapered up and tapered down over 10 weeks iirc. I gained a shitload of weight and muscle. Back then there was no clear nutrition protocol and people were just throwing shit against the wall to see what stuck. No wide supplement choices or products.

If guys today would just listen they could make massive improvement with minimal risk instead of this haphazard bullshit that riddles the forum.
    I am exactly one month older than u coach 8/21/63- if i only looked half as good-lol fuck it- i'm satisfied for 57- know alot of guys in their 20s and 30s that don't look as good!!

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,577 Posts
    Rep Points

at that age I would really be concerned with insulin resistance and GH can cause your blood sugars to run higher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,184 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    I am exactly one month older than u coach 8/21/63- if i only looked half as good-lol fuck it- i'm satisfied for 57- know alot of guys in their 20s and 30s that don't look as good!!
    Not sure youíd want to live my life to get where I am at. Startng Oct. 25th I am cleaning out completely, doing Palumboís detox program and PCT then after my November physical, hoping to get my shoulder repaired and getting the hardware removed from my left foot/ankle.
    Hanging up the banana hammock for 3 years and give it another run then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,184 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    at that age I would really be concerned with insulin resistance and GH can cause your blood sugars to run higher
    Exactly. At 2iu I run in the mid 90s. At 4iu I am over 105 and compensate with 25-35iu of Tresiba.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,116 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    Not sure youíd want to live my life to get where I am at. Startng Oct. 25th I am cleaning out completely, doing Palumboís detox program and PCT then after my November physical, hoping to get my shoulder repaired and getting the hardware removed from my left foot/ankle.
    Hanging up the banana hammock for 3 years and give it another run then.
    Wild.

not even a true trt dose?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,184 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    Wild.

not even a true trt dose?
    Going to wait and see. I will do bloods in January and February and see where I am at. But if I start storing fat in my ass and hips and look like Humpty Dumpty, I will take action sooner. I expect to be on 100mg test for the rest of my existence though.

If my bones and joints get right, I will have to do a few cycles prior to 60 to put on weight. I really need sbout 20 more pounds to be competitive with my structure...over 60 of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,184 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    . Another contest so soon? That's a long time to stay super lean! Go get them, CoachCabo!
    Yep. Not fun at all. We are going to see kids/grandkid and so I figure since thereís a show and I am already close, I will do it.
    Itís the show that was my planned comeback in 2018 but a horrible pinning two weeks out had me cancel it. My ass was like Quasimodo. Sort of a redemption I guess.

Not to mention winning another show will restore my ego from the desolation that occured at the North American.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,923 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    This is still seven years away for me, but what sort of switch? I like to say my body flipped a switch at 50, because everything is different in 50s v 40s, but I am curious what you mean?
    Maybe switch flipped is not accurate.

It is about priorities, age and how I see life.

I became a grandfather just before 60, made some changes not long ago on where I live, a much slower pace. We got sick of the big city rat race.

I need reconstruction of both shoulders, I have some other joint issues but not bad. How much more heavy lifting can I do? Not much.

I like being in shape and the right amount of AAS does that, but more size and heavier lifts are going to fuck me up, not help me.

I would say it is my outlook on life that changed the most. Still love going to gym, I do more volume training and focus on TUT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,780 Posts
    Rep Points

TRT, Provi, low dose GH. Clean healthy Foods, lots of healthy cardio, yoga, core work.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

ďIf my bones/joints get rightĒ.... Iím 57, my R shoulder has had labrum repair...L shoulder likely needs something...

I donít mean to hijack your thread, but, what does your routine look like? Iím just getting back into training after raising three kids....Iím starting light with the hopes that I can go heavy, not sure the shoulders will allow.

My questions: what do your workouts look like and what kinds of (general) results are you getting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Rep Points

Someone asked about food and training
    Breakfast
    4 egg hi protein waffle 4 slice thick bacon
    3hrs later egg white protein shake
    3hrs 8oz bison cup rice
    3hrs shake
    Bison and rice
    Train 5 days a week
    3 day 300 yard sled push legs
    Cardio 3 days 5000m row
    2 days 45-60 minutes lite spin bike
    Sleep 8 hrs
    Supplements
    That covers it
    Been training since I was 12yrs old
    Have cycled in the past
    Heaviest weight 250 6%
    Currently 220 I have plenty of time to try and get to 240
    HGH 2iu a week is doable were is the best place to get it. I use juice pal for gear

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,184 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    ďIf my bones/joints get rightĒ.... Iím 57, my R shoulder has had labrum repair...L shoulder likely needs something...

I donít mean to hijack your thread, but, what does your routine look like? Iím just getting back into training after raising three kids....Iím starting light with the hopes that I can go heavy, not sure the shoulders will allow.

My questions: what do your workouts look like and what kinds of (general) results are you getting?
    As you quoted me I will assume this query is directed at me.

My training is five days per week. Nothing fancy, in and out of the gym in one hour.
    Days as follow but not necessarily assigned to a specific day of the week. I train, rather donít train if I donít feel into it. Those days rarely apply ATM because I am four weeks away from a show. After that I am more fluid with my choices.

Day 1:
    Chest and triceps. I focus on incline because upper chest is where I am or was lacking most.
    4-6x Hammer Strength incline
    4x D/B incline presses
    4x incline or flat D/B flyes. People say they donít get anything from these but I have yet seen anyone do them correctly.
    4x Hammer Strength decline or dip machine focusing on chest.
    If I donít do dip machine I will use:
    Bodymaster tricep extension machine. The one with the cambered bar behind your head.
    4x press downs either straight, v bar or rope.

Day 2:
    Back
    6xPull downs. Lately I have been doing medium to narrow, sometimes wide bar.
    6x T bar rows or D/B rows. I do them on a bench. This is another exercise I see people doing wrong...almost standing perpendicular.
    6x Low cable rows

Day off?

Day 3:
    Shoulders
    4x Rear delt machine (pec deck) Again, emphasis on rear delt. They are underdeveloped just like most guys.
    4x Side sitting on lateral delt machine for rear delts. Hard to explain. I push pad straight back with elbow. Think reverse front raise.
    4x Side delt machine heavy
    4x Lateral D/b raise or cable. Light weight, focused and up to 20 reps, alternating, straight through. Ridiculous burn.
    6x Something for front delts. Military press, Arnoldís, D/B presses, front raises. Any of these.