• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cycle at 64 to gain muscle

Craig Bryan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm taking the following
50mg Anavar a day
250 sustanon week
200 cypinate week
200 deca week
250gm protein a day
Supplements good
Sleep getting better
Training good getting stronger. Body fat going down. Just wondering if Im
Missing something. I've been heavier before. I think that this time its going to take a little longer. Opinions welcome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I say lower dose test-p and mast-p. Maybe 300mg each per week.

Short esters because less E2 conversion for this age and I like shorter blasts.

Not like I am 30 again, but at age 62 works really, really good.

1. tracking cals and macros? and how are you getting your protein... shakes or food?

2. i assume from your doses and number of different compounds, you've ran some cycles in the past...

3. goal to bulk, cut, or just clean up odd and ends?

4. stats? (height, weight, experience, etc.)

looking forward to seeing how your cycle goes!

I'm taking the following
50mg Anavar a day
250 sustanon week
200 cypinate week
200 deca week
250gm protein a day
Supplements good
Sleep getting better
Missing something. I've been heavier before. I think that this time its going to take a little longer. Opinions welcome

So far what we know about you is that you're 64, injecting test/deca, anavar as an oral and consuming 250g of protein per day. How about some personal information...
︎height
︎body fat %
︎goals - long/short term
︎what type of training do you do, how many times per week and for how many years
︎exact diet - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
︎do you track calories
︎previous experience with gear

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

What’s funny is that I don’t have any problem with your post even though it lacks detail. Your gear isn’t ridiculous. Your expectations might be sort of high. I doubt putting muscle on at any decent rate (at least not like you’re in your 30s) is going to happen. Skip can address this better since he’s over 60.
It is a supe slow process at your age. Be reasonable and keep chiseling away. If this becomes your lifestyle, the results will follow.

you've def. got just about every ester of test covered- do think if u want any sizable muscle gain from deca, u need to do 4-600 mg a wk. 200 is fine for joint relief, but for me, got to have a little more to gain muscle. And deca is SLOW acting- u could switch to npp for faster results- other than that, looks pretty good too me. i'm 57, just finishing up test,npp, tren cycle. probably the strongest i've been-relatively speaking- but def. done w/ tren-just can't handle sides@ my age. tapering down the test, and just added winny to lean out,then cruise for awhile. Good Luck bro!

I bet I will have a similar post at 60+ lol

Good luck sir.

WOW... that's a crap load of gear for your age..I would dial it way back and and some HGH..Better be looking at everything..bloodwork,labs,BP,RBC,PSA...I mean everything!

WOW... that's a crap load of gear for your age..I would dial it way back and and some HGH..Better be looking at everything..bloodwork,labs,BP,RBC,PSA...I mean everything!
450 test, 200 deca is a “crap load of gear”?
I wonder what you think about the average cycle doses of most guy on the forum?
64 isn’t exactly knocking on death’s door.

I don't think deca or Anavar or any oral AAS is a good idea.

Higher blood pressure due to water retention and oral AAS is not good for people our age. Starting with the liver and kidneys.

The older we get the harder our arteries get and BP becomes a bigger issue for us at this point in life.

Diet is 70% of the equation.

Gear is more important at this age because we don't have shit at this point in life. But I would keep doses minimal and use the right types of AAS at this age.

IML Gear Cream!
My BP was 117/70 this morning. I take 5mg ramipril because I am using 150mg of tren a week and don’t like even the 124/77 I get from that. As I have said before, I take an ACE inhibitor almost prophylactically.
Because I am doing one more show in 4 weeks I am using 1050mg sust-ish blend/525mg primo/150 tren ace (but may bump to 300 tren E). I also use 2iu HGH and an increasing amount of clen and T3 over the next few weeks. To me, this is a “crap load of gear” and wouln’t be near that dose were I not competing.
I can’t see an issue with what the OP is using, except the anavar, which I feel is useless. But I don’t need an AI on 1050 test and can live with E2 in the 90s. But I am not a big converter. Neither am I for prolactin or DHT. My health markers are always good (except for genetically low HDLs).
But like you mentioned Skip, DIET! I firmly believe that because of the way I eat and the supplements I take, I can get away with this, for a shortish period of time. Obviously genetics come into play.
Never have high hemocrit or any other blood issues. Based on the water like consistency of my blood when I get cut or check sugar, something is working.

All of this shit is so complex and everyone is so different. Which is why it drives me crazy the cavalier attitude towards gear by those new to it and their consistent disregard of advice given by those of us who have been in this game for decades.

Look at the constant posts from younger dudes trying to mitigate all these problems from gear use. I had a guy email me the other day asking about DNP. He is about 10% BF and already an abuser. I told him if he couldn’t handle T3 at 50+mcg, he probably would want to die on DNP. But I wouldn’t know because I have never used DNP, so I don’t advise on it.
Unlike the advice given on this forum by so many on things they only know about in their Wikidoctor worlds.

Last edited:
Another thing to ask would be if he's on TRT, and if so, for how long and what dosage.

200-300mg of Test per week might be all he needs.

My BP was 117/70 this morning. I take 5mg ramipril because I am using 150mg of tren a week and don’t like even the 124/77 I get from that. As I have said before, I take an ACE inhibitor almost prophylactically.
Because I am doing one more show in 4 weeks I am using 1050mg sust-ish blend/525mg primo/150 tren ace (but may bump to 300 tren E). I also use 2iu HGH and an increasing amount of clen and T3 over the next few weeks. To me, this is a “crap load of gear” and wouln’t be near that dose were I not competing.
I can’t see an issue with what the OP is using, except the anavar, which I feel is useless. But I don’t need an AI on 1050 test and can live with E2 in the 90s. But I am not a big converter. Neither am I for prolactin or DHT. My health markers are always good (except for genetically low HDLs).
But like you mentioned Skip, DIET! I firmly believe that because of the way I eat and the supplements I take, I can get away with this, for a shortish period of time. Obviously genetics come into play.
Never have high hemocrit or any other blood issues. Based on the water like consistency of my blood when I get cut or check sugar, something is working.

All of this shit is so complex and everyone is so different. Which is why it drives me crazy the cavalier attitude towards gear by those new to it and their consistent disregard of advice given by those of us who have been in this game for decades.

Look at the constant posts from younger dudes trying to mitigate all these problems from gear use. I had a guy email me the other day asking about DNP. He is about 10% BF and already an abuser. I told him if he couldn’t handle T3 at 50+mcg, he probably would want to die on DNP. But I wouldn’t know because I have never used DNP, so I don’t advise on it.
Unlike the advice given on this forum by so many on things they only know about in their Wikidoctor worlds.

I forgot your age?

When I turned 60 it was like my body flipped a switch.

I agree with all that you posted.

And yes, no boiler plate advice is going to work for everyone. Hopefully we spend enough time listening to our bodies when doing this and eventually you will be on the right track

And I will add nobody here that I know of starts from the bottom up on dosage. And I was one of those people for the record.

I am by no means a competitor and my genetics only take me so far, especially at this age.

But there is a healthier way of doing all this if you take in advice from more knowledgeable people. I'm talking coaches or another professional.

Like I stated before short ester mast and test at 300mg each with 10ius a week GH and a little T4 and I get good results.

yeah coach-totally agree-that's why i say what works FOR ME. I never say "u should do this" because i don't know their situation-don't know if they have bp issues, hemocrit, heart issues etc. i don't have any probs. w/ any of this and i feel blessed- but that's me-some people do- and everyone is responsible for what they put in their bodies-if i had any issues w/ any of this shit, i wouldn't do gear-period- i like living!!

. Another contest so soon? That's a long time to stay super lean! Go get them, CoachCabo!

When I turned 60 it was like my body flipped a switch.
This is still seven years away for me, but what sort of switch? I like to say my body flipped a switch at 50, because everything is different in 50s v 40s, but I am curious what you mean?

I'm taking the following
50mg Anavar a day
250 sustanon week
200 cypinate week
200 deca week
250gm protein a day
Supplements good
Sleep getting better

First, if you can squeeze it into your budget, even 2 iu growth hormone at your age would make a huge difference.

A second suggestion is to run your bloodwork before starting and then again during to sort of keep an eye on things. Also, buy a blood pressure monitor if you do not already have one.

Made it to 57 last Monday.

My first cycle in ‘86(?) was one beaner Sust pre-load per week and 30mg/day Dbol, tapered up and tapered down over 10 weeks iirc. I gained a shitload of weight and muscle. Back then there was no clear nutrition protocol and people were just throwing shit against the wall to see what stuck. No wide supplement choices or products.

If guys today would just listen they could make massive improvement with minimal risk instead of this haphazard bullshit that riddles the forum.

Made it to 57 last Monday.

My first cycle in ‘86(?) was one beaner Sust pre-load per week and 30mg/day Dbol, tapered up and tapered down over 10 weeks iirc. I gained a shitload of weight and muscle. Back then there was no clear nutrition protocol and people were just throwing shit against the wall to see what stuck. No wide supplement choices or products.

If guys today would just listen they could make massive improvement with minimal risk instead of this haphazard bullshit that riddles the forum.
I am exactly one month older than u coach 8/21/63- if i only looked half as good-lol fuck it- i'm satisfied for 57- know alot of guys in their 20s and 30s that don't look as good!!

at that age I would really be concerned with insulin resistance and GH can cause your blood sugars to run higher

Get Shredded!
I am exactly one month older than u coach 8/21/63- if i only looked half as good-lol fuck it- i'm satisfied for 57- know alot of guys in their 20s and 30s that don't look as good!!
Not sure you’d want to live my life to get where I am at. Startng Oct. 25th I am cleaning out completely, doing Palumbo’s detox program and PCT then after my November physical, hoping to get my shoulder repaired and getting the hardware removed from my left foot/ankle.
Hanging up the banana hammock for 3 years and give it another run then.

at that age I would really be concerned with insulin resistance and GH can cause your blood sugars to run higher
Exactly. At 2iu I run in the mid 90s. At 4iu I am over 105 and compensate with 25-35iu of Tresiba.

Not sure you’d want to live my life to get where I am at. Startng Oct. 25th I am cleaning out completely, doing Palumbo’s detox program and PCT then after my November physical, hoping to get my shoulder repaired and getting the hardware removed from my left foot/ankle.
Hanging up the banana hammock for 3 years and give it another run then.
Wild.

not even a true trt dose?

Wild.

not even a true trt dose?
Going to wait and see. I will do bloods in January and February and see where I am at. But if I start storing fat in my ass and hips and look like Humpty Dumpty, I will take action sooner. I expect to be on 100mg test for the rest of my existence though.

If my bones and joints get right, I will have to do a few cycles prior to 60 to put on weight. I really need sbout 20 more pounds to be competitive with my structure...over 60 of course.

. Another contest so soon? That's a long time to stay super lean! Go get them, CoachCabo!
Yep. Not fun at all. We are going to see kids/grandkid and so I figure since there’s a show and I am already close, I will do it.
It’s the show that was my planned comeback in 2018 but a horrible pinning two weeks out had me cancel it. My ass was like Quasimodo. Sort of a redemption I guess.

Not to mention winning another show will restore my ego from the desolation that occured at the North American.

This is still seven years away for me, but what sort of switch? I like to say my body flipped a switch at 50, because everything is different in 50s v 40s, but I am curious what you mean?
Maybe switch flipped is not accurate.

It is about priorities, age and how I see life.

I became a grandfather just before 60, made some changes not long ago on where I live, a much slower pace. We got sick of the big city rat race.

I need reconstruction of both shoulders, I have some other joint issues but not bad. How much more heavy lifting can I do? Not much.

I like being in shape and the right amount of AAS does that, but more size and heavier lifts are going to fuck me up, not help me.

I would say it is my outlook on life that changed the most. Still love going to gym, I do more volume training and focus on TUT.

TRT, Provi, low dose GH. Clean healthy Foods, lots of healthy cardio, yoga, core work.

Max

“If my bones/joints get right”.... I’m 57, my R shoulder has had labrum repair...L shoulder likely needs something...

I don’t mean to hijack your thread, but, what does your routine look like? I’m just getting back into training after raising three kids....I’m starting light with the hopes that I can go heavy, not sure the shoulders will allow.

My questions: what do your workouts look like and what kinds of (general) results are you getting?

Someone asked about food and training
Breakfast
4 egg hi protein waffle 4 slice thick bacon
3hrs later egg white protein shake
3hrs 8oz bison cup rice
3hrs shake
Bison and rice
Train 5 days a week
3 day 300 yard sled push legs
Cardio 3 days 5000m row
2 days 45-60 minutes lite spin bike
Sleep 8 hrs
Supplements
That covers it
Been training since I was 12yrs old
Have cycled in the past
Heaviest weight 250 6%
Currently 220 I have plenty of time to try and get to 240
HGH 2iu a week is doable were is the best place to get it. I use juice pal for gear

“If my bones/joints get right”.... I’m 57, my R shoulder has had labrum repair...L shoulder likely needs something...

I don’t mean to hijack your thread, but, what does your routine look like? I’m just getting back into training after raising three kids....I’m starting light with the hopes that I can go heavy, not sure the shoulders will allow.

My questions: what do your workouts look like and what kinds of (general) results are you getting?
As you quoted me I will assume this query is directed at me.

My training is five days per week. Nothing fancy, in and out of the gym in one hour.
Days as follow but not necessarily assigned to a specific day of the week. I train, rather don’t train if I don’t feel into it. Those days rarely apply ATM because I am four weeks away from a show. After that I am more fluid with my choices.

Day 1:
Chest and triceps. I focus on incline because upper chest is where I am or was lacking most.
4-6x Hammer Strength incline
4x D/B incline presses
4x incline or flat D/B flyes. People say they don’t get anything from these but I have yet seen anyone do them correctly.
4x Hammer Strength decline or dip machine focusing on chest.
If I don’t do dip machine I will use:
Bodymaster tricep extension machine. The one with the cambered bar behind your head.
4x press downs either straight, v bar or rope.

Day 2:
Back
6xPull downs. Lately I have been doing medium to narrow, sometimes wide bar.
6x T bar rows or D/B rows. I do them on a bench. This is another exercise I see people doing wrong...almost standing perpendicular.
6x Low cable rows

Day off?

Day 3:
Shoulders
4x Rear delt machine (pec deck) Again, emphasis on rear delt. They are underdeveloped just like most guys.
4x Side sitting on lateral delt machine for rear delts. Hard to explain. I push pad straight back with elbow. Think reverse front raise.
4x Side delt machine heavy
4x Lateral D/b raise or cable. Light weight, focused and up to 20 reps, alternating, straight through. Ridiculous burn.
6x Something for front delts. Military press, Arnold’s, D/B presses, front raises. Any of these.

Back