Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Rep Points

Need some input off topic Tachycardia

Hey all,

Long story short, in a shitty situation right now with the wife. Well, two days ago, I was the most angry I have ever been in my life. No, I didn't do anything physical or hurt anyone, I wouldn't do that.

What did happen is that I felt a distinct change in my heart/chest. Ever since that episode, my BP has been about 115 over 85 which is great. However for 2 days, since Friday, my Pulse rate has been 170-175 and will not go down. Hell, I've taken a Xanax and that just made me sleepy as hell.

Let's just say a doctor visit is not in the budget right now.

Anyone ever experienced this and does it go away?

Appreciate any advice.

CSOReaper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

You are in afib, go to the doctor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Rep Points

Bro don't fuck around go to ER

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Rep Points

fuck money the ER cant refuse you from what im told.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by raedel View Post
    You are in afib, go to the doctor.
    This may be the case.

You sound like you're in A-Fib. If that's the case and you don't do anything about it, it will cause permanent damage, especially to the left side of the heart. My dad was in A-Fib for at least 6 months (same symptoms) and it almost killed him. His left side was weakened badly and the walls of his left ventricle were very thin, his EF went down to 15%. He ended up with a left bundle branch block and had to get a pacemaker.

When in A-Fib, your heart can't pump efficiently so it increases your heart rate to move more blood. The longer this goes, the worse it will get.

No amount of money is worth dying for. I highly suggest getting someone to do an EKG. You could even go to urgent care and tell them your symptoms and that you need an EKG. That'll be cheaper than an ER visit if it's not A-Fib. If it is A-Fib, you'll be going straight to the ER and they'll put you in blood thinners and check for clotting, if there's no clots they'll perform emergency cardioversion to reset the heart back to normal pacing.

This is serious man. Get it looked at ASAP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Rep Points

Gotcha,

Appreciate it guys. Going tonight or tomorrow. Any idea what causes that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CSOReaper View Post
    Gotcha,

Appreciate it guys. Going tonight or tomorrow. Any idea what causes that?
    Normally damage to the structure of the heart. Stress can cause it to happen. A heart attack can cause it, and is very likely to go hang in hand. Also electrical issues within the heart, especially with voltage gated calcium channels. Cocaine abuse can cause that, and other stimulant abuse to an extent. Basically if your heart gets going too hard for too long it can fall out of rhythm.

The problem is that once it happens, the chances of it happening again increase dramatically, most AFib patients end up going back into AFib at some point.

I'm hoping that this is not the case for you and it's just stress related. But you're in serious tachycardia, which usually happens for a reason.

They can sometimes also get the heart back into proper pacing using drugs like amlodipine, calcium channel blockers, and beta blockers.

I obviously suggest not having any stimulants at all until your tachycardia is under control. They will worsen it and possibly induce a heart attack. I know it's a little ridiculous to say, but try to control the stress too. I know this isn't as easy as it sounds but do what you can.

Please keep us informed as to what they find on your EKG. Get a copy of the report and I can help translate it the best I can. Hope it goes well for you man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points

Also, I would not wait until tomorrow. If it is AFib, the faster you get it fixed the less damage it does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Rep Points

Appreciate all of your input Garlic, you're a good man.

I went at 830 Eastern to my major ER, supposedly in the top 100 of heart hospitals. I get in the ER, I walked in on my own because I am not a pussy.

There is the usual 10 or so douchebag and opiate seakers waiting in the check in line. There is a stand up sign at the front as soon as you go in that says IF YOU ARE HAVING CHEST PAIN, GO TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE AND WE WILL. GET YOU IN IMMEDIATELY.

No one is paying any attention so I see an ER nurse coming out. I tell her I have had a pulse of 170 to 180 for three days and my chest is hurting, Nausea, dizziness etc. She says "What's your pain level 1 to 10". I say I don't really have bad pain standing up, just when I lay down I feel like somoene is sitting on my chest and I can breathe well.

She says "Do you want a wheelchair?". I said no, I just need to be seen. She then proceeds to tell me to wait in line as I need to check in. I suppose because I can walk in under my own power, I am not a priority. I tell her to forget it, I can die just fine at home and would rather do so than waiting on the damn ER lobby for 4 hours.

As I'm about 30 feet out of the exit she comes out and says "Would you like me to take your number and we can call you when we get time?". I kept walking and told her to forget it.

Going to call my GP tomorrow and see if he can help. Interesting thing is about 8 years ago, I had chest pain and he ran multiple EKGs. They were all abnormal P wave if I remember. He blew it off like it was just stress.

I plan on letting the CEO of that shit hole know about this. Fucking idiots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points

Fuck man. They should've pulled you in immediately. Usually you go to the hospital for chest pain you're numero uno. They flopped hard and their administration needs to hear about it. If you do end up being in AFib or something serious you can probably sue the shit out of them for not getting you in immediately with chest pain. Sounds like they a wake-up call.

Yeah call your GP tomorrow and see if they can at least do an EKG for you right away. That way you'll know if it's really serious or just some kind of stress induced tachycardia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,183 Posts
    Rep Points

I had an event in 2010 with 180+ hr. After about 6 hours I went to ER. Once the word “heart” was mentioned they took me right in.
    They gave me 6mg of xanax over the next few hours. I had a CT angiogram (again) and the couldn’t find anything causing it. About 2300 I told them I wanted to leave because they were wanting me to stay overnight. I told them I preferred to die in my GF’s bed than a hospital. Whenthey fucked around too long I started removing my IVs. Since I was fucked up on xanax, I made a huge mess of it and the nurses came in and finished. I spilled blood all over the room, sink, bed. It was actually pretty funny.

Then they told me I had to sign a form stating I was leaving Against Medical Advice. I asked if it absolved me of my bill. Since no was the answer, I refused and walked out.

I haven’t had an event since but have had every cardio test except calcium score. They continue to find nothing to explain my chronic chest pain.

Good luck.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Rep Points

I've also seen really bad numbers temporarily from heavy alcohol use, or binge drinking episodes even.

And very often like GarlicChicken said, they can give you a beta blocker like Propanolol and between that, adding in some electrolytes and really getting your body back into very good cellular hydration, and then regular beta block use, everything will go back to normal quickly.

I am not saying this is definitely your case, but just in the event anyone is reading this and seeing high numbers and abusing alcohol especially on top of AAS, this can def be a factor.

Good luck to you man, and glad you are trying to get this resolved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Rep Points

I want to thank everyone who helped me on this. Truly, you guys are great e-friends and if I can return the favor, name it.

It's a LONG story, I will tell the whole story shortly. I just got back yesterday around 6 pm from a hospital stay. Long story short, I had 175 plus, continuous it never went down, for 4 days. Monday about 2 pm I went to my GP office and they did and EKG and flipped out.

I was rushed to another ER across the street. 5 cardiologist said they had NEVER seen this except in text books. Said 1 chamber was working and the other 3 were not.

They couldn't believe I was walking, talking, and even still alive. I was in bad shape, real bad.

Again, to shorten this up for now, I went through the ringer of trying to stop my heart with drugs and reset it and about 25 other things, to TEE (esophagus camera to see heart), a cardio cath procedure, and was schedule for a cardio version, possible pacemaker etc.

It's a good story for sure, but will be long.

I am on Flecainide, probably for life. It's a very strong drug to control Afib and Atrial flutter and keeps your heart rate down.

I am exhausted and my chest hurts sometimes probably from 4-5 days of 175 pulse and all they did.

I'll type the whole thing up tomorrow or next day just for future reference if anyone needs it. I will also post my EKG Pic, it's interesting.

Again, thank you to everyone that advised me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points

Fucking Christ! Guess we were at least pretty close with the AFib, you were technically in AFib, just way fucking worse!

I'm really happy you went and got it checked man. Sounds like a good chance you wouldn't be here today if you hadn't done that.

I'm glad we could point you in the right direction. I'm particularly glad you're still with us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done cardioversion yet. I guess if they have it at least moderately under control you're stable for now.

Did they find any clots on the TEE or blockages with the heart cath? I'm assuming they have you on a blood thinner like Elequis as well to prevent them and dissolve any that might be present. I'd be surprised if you didn't have any at all after 4 days of 3 chambers not working.

Again, I'm glad you're still here man. Crazy