If you want to see whatís wrong with America watch this video

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    And no Iím not defending Jacob Blake, Iím supporting the arguments of needing police reform, a lot more training and that cops kill unarmed people, or armed with something less than a gun, quite often. In the JB situation knowing before the cops arrived JB had a violent criminal history he never should have been able to fight them off, stand back up, walk all the way around to the other side of his car and open the door. No he wasnít killed, but that was the intent with 7 shots to the back at close range. And as I said above I could go find many videos of cops killing unarmed people. Cops are not the judge, jury and executioner.
    If you get in a fight with a cop you can knock him out with one punch and take his gun and kill him. If you are within 10ft you can pull out a knife and stab him to death before he can pull out his gun. If you violate a cops personal space in such a manner while they are doing their job you will get your ass shot. A majority of the thugs shot by cops are scumbag criminals who are headed back to prison. When they realize they are going back to prison they have no regard for their own life. It's called suicide by cop.

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,754 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by randy4me View Post
    If you get in a fight with a cop you can knock him out with one punch and take his gun and kill him. If you are within 10ft you can pull out a knife and stab him to death before he can pull out his gun. If you violate a cops personal space in such a manner while they are doing their job you will get your ass shot. A majority of the thugs shot by cops are scumbag criminals who are headed back to prison. When they realize they are going back to prison they have no regard for their own life. It's called suicide by cop.
    Your reasons that so many more people in America get killed by cops compared to other countries is because guns are legal here and we have a lot of thug criminals that want to suicide themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Rep Points

Your reasons that so many more people in America get killed by cops compared to other countries is because guns are legal here and we have a lot of thug criminals that want to suicide themselves.
    You got it! Congrats. Most of them would rather be dead than go back to prison.

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,754 Posts
    Rep Points

If you want to see whatís wrong with America watch this video

You got it! Congrats. Most of them would rather be dead than go back to prison.
    We donít have an issue with corrupt cops, trigger happy cops, under trained cops, incompetent cops. All of the killings by cops are justified. Got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff View Post
    I think your misunderstanding what level of force they were using. It starts at the lowest level which is asking him for his drivers license and insurance. He couldn't produce either. Then they escalated it to a verbal command of "step out of the car". He failed to comply. They then escalated it by raising there voice and yelling "get out of the car". He still failed to comply and basically said "I am not getting out you can't do this to me". They then escalated it another step by threatening to use the taser to get him to comply with a non-lethal instrument. He still failed to comply. They must have given him at least 20lawful orders to get out of the car or they would escalate it by using the taser or mace. Good officers are trained to slowly escalate the interaction with what the subject is. He had well over 30 commands to get out of the car. At that point they had to physically remove him from the car. He obviously knew he was going to go to jail and didn't want to because he was a felon with a gun in the car and he knew he would be going away. I am not sure how you think that he was defending himself from non lethal weapons such as a taser and mace by using a lethal weapon that was his gun. Both the officers were using the non-lethal amounts of force (taser, mace and physical removing) to get him to comply. They were using actual training by escalating the situation as necessary.

So to answer your question yes officers weapons are are to be used for both enforcing the law and for protection. They are supposed to match force with force. If you have a drunk that starts swinging on the cops with his fist they will mace or tase him. You have a drunk wielding a knife they will draw there guns on him. Ultimately they will not shoot him as long as he complies but if he runs after them without dropping the knife they have to defend themselves from that level of force. It's matching force with force. You see the difference in using the weapons to enforce the law and also protect themselves? These two were doing everything by the book. Whether you agree with there attitude or not is easy after watching the video but when your in the moment and giving the guy well over 20 commands to simply exit the video it's far different.

Yes there are police that are on a power trip and go from 0-100 and give good officers a bad name. Yes there are police that are bully's and throw there weight around. It's no different than supervisors and managers at regular companies that use there position of power to do so.

This guy knew he had things in the vehicle (felon in possession of a gun and possibly other items) that he was going to jail. When he knew that his ask of "can you just give me a ticket so I can leave" wasn't going to work he chose to do what he did and now he will never get out and I hope he gets the death penalty. If you notice the cops started the interaction with a normal tone and it escalated as the guy failed to comply.
    You a cop bro? 😳

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolone View Post
    You a cop bro? 
    Ha ha no. Best friends with one since I was 6. I have been on many ride alongs with him and have picked his brain about how he would handle various scenario's. He has shown me some training videos for officers. Whenever there is an incident such as this it usually goes out to all departments for learning. Usually during current events like this I try to get his opinion. Although he would probably be considered a conservative he has a very progressive view on things for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Rep Points

We donít have an issue with corrupt cops, trigger happy cops, under trained cops, incompetent cops. All of the killings by cops are justified. Got it.
    I'm not saying all cops are perfect. There are definitely some corrupt shithead cops out there but if you decide to get in a fist fight, pull a gun or a knife you will be shot. No questions asked.

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,754 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm not saying all cops are perfect. There are definitely some corrupt shithead cops out there but if you decide to get in a fist fight, pull a gun or a knife you will be shot. No questions asked.
    We have an issue with people being killed by cops in this country and that is supported by the data. Obviously there are justified shootings by cops, thatís not the argument.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Rep Points

We have an issue with people being killed by cops in this country and that is supported by the data. Obviously there are justified shootings by cops, thatís not the argument.

This is an example of a compliant criminal that doesn't have a deathwish.

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,435 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by stinkfingerdelux View Post
    Def agree abiut good cops being out there. But it seems there out numbered it's a shame. It'd die for a nation of Andy and barney's.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    There are good cops out there ? People act like most cops are bad and that is not the case . I am almost 40 and used to hate cops when I was younger . I have grown up and figured out that if you donít break it he law than they donít fuck with you . If you do end up having to deal with some just do what you are supposed to do and there wonít be any problems .

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,435 Posts
    Rep Points

So if we ban guns in America we will have less people killed by cops? Jacob Blake didnít have a gun, he had a knife. I could post numerous videos of cops killing unarmed people.
    No Blake didnít have a gun he had a knife like you said and a knife can kill just like a gun can . I find that funny people act like a knife is a weapon that would justify cops pulling guns . Should the cops reholster their sidearms and pull out their benchmades and knife fight them . That is just silly .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    434 Posts
    Rep Points

Youíre saying this is whatís wrong with America, whatís your response to this?
    https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/20...olicekillings/
    That still proves his point. That number would be a lot lower if people had respect for authority and complied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

[QUOTE=mastiff;1752018]Ha ha no. Best friends with one since I was 6. I have been on many ride alongs with him and have picked his brain about how he would handle various scenario's. He has shown me some training videos for officers. Whenever there is an incident such as this it usually goes out to all departments for learning. Usually during current events like this I try to get his opinion. Although he would probably be considered a conservative he has a very progressive view on things for sure.[/Quit on your ride alongs did you two ever pick up a hooker and split roast her in the back seat

NUCLEAR-LABS REP
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Rep Points

It looked like he took one of there guns from there holster and used it against them

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,534 Posts
    Rep Points

we have a society problem, people think its ok to commit crimes and they feel like they still have these imaginary rights, its like a mental disorder. police cant let you go if your driving a car with no tage you have no license or insurance. if you later kill someone in an accident it will be the polices fault.