Pharmacom Store

Tapering off cycle into a cruise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points

Tapering off cycle into a cruise

Hey guys, do you think it makes sense to taper your dosage down week by week or day by day as an exit plan from a blast to get back into a cruise or does that kind of naturally happen as the androgens exit your system? My thinking being that you would be avoiding any dramatic hormonal changes (and thus potential side effects, like acne or something) if you tapered but that does seem overly cautious and perhaps even wasteful. For example if your at 700mg of test a week you could maybe lower it 150mg a week till you are around your TRT dose.
    Last edited by MustardTiger; 09-13-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,693 Posts
    Rep Points

Sound thinking right there. I hate fluctuations...unless they are the good kind and even then, I like the slower way. Stretch marks come to mind ! Lol.

Max

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,719 Posts
    Rep Points

Like max said it’s always a good idea atleast in my thinking to taper down alittle before going full cruise!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,784 Posts
    Rep Points

I don't think tapering is nessecary.

You're going to come down to high normal over 5 weeks or so if you cruise so, you're just prolonging time on higher doses and, higher doses that don't give a return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Rep Points

Never felt the need to taper down, but for me, tapering up when starting a cycle helps alleviate some sides such as blood pressure, anxiety, or moodiness.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,050 Posts
    Rep Points

If you're running a long ester, it tampers itself.. No need to tamper IMO.. Let the esters do their own clearing.. Now if someone was on some decent amount of gear, multiple compounds, sure a slow tamper could help someone that is sensitive to feel a bit more "comfortable" The way I see it, if you go in it at those doses, leave at those doses. It took time to build, now it will take time to decline.. Prepare yourself for the cruise mentally, don't fuss coming off, put your attention into the next phase..

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,719 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I don't think tapering is nessecary.

You're going to come down to high normal over 5 weeks or so if you cruise so, you're just prolonging time on higher doses and, higher doses that don't give a return.
    Got a very good point there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts
    Rep Points

to me esters and dosages would play a major role in the decision as to whether to taper or not- strictly bro science here tho man. it just makes sense too me if u been slammin big amounts, it would make sense to taper. in other words,if u been doing a gram of test, i think i would maybe go 750 wk, 500wk , 250 wk, then whatever u cruise on. but like i said esters, oral dosages etc. would play a role. i just don't go from hero to zero that fast- to me it would be a SHOCK to MY system. for instance been doing d-bol@50 mg do a wk or 2 @25mg and then pct or cruise. just the way I do it-not necessarily the scientific way. Or the right or wrong way, but what works best FOR ME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    to me esters and dosages would play a major role in the decision as to whether to taper or not- strictly bro science here tho man. it just makes sense too me if u been slammin big amounts, it would make sense to taper. in other words,if u been doing a gram of test, i think i would maybe go 750 wk, 500wk , 250 wk, then whatever u cruise on. but like i said esters, oral dosages etc. would play a role. i just don't go from hero to zero that fast- to me it would be a SHOCK to MY system. for instance been doing d-bol@50 mg do a wk or 2 @25mg and then pct or cruise. just the way I do it-not necessarily the scientific way. Or the right or wrong way, but what works best FOR ME!
    Right on that is what I am thinking, this would only apply to being on a high dose of fast esters basically, like if your on 750 test prop , 400 tren ace, and 600 mast p or something it would be quite a shock to suddenly take all those to nothing, I think it could potentially create some sides, maybe not tho, and like others have said maybe its a waste of gear period..long esters just kind of taper themselves down

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Rep Points

I feel like I recover better, and faster, when I taper down at the end of a cycle. No science to back this up, just my personal experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,178 Posts
    Rep Points

Tapering was what we did in the 80s but back then PCT was unheard of.

Decades later I see Montego’s logic making more sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    925 Posts
    Rep Points

You are basically straining your system during a blast, so coming off asap isn't going to hurt, your body is going to like it and you'll probably feel better. The ester tapers itself off anyway. In your case with short esters you could drop the Anabolics and taper down the test prop for a week or two if you feel like you'll get mental side effects, but really you should be fine if you're going back to TRT.

This reminds me of an episode of "my 600lb life" when the doctor prescribes the 1200 calorie diabetic diet to a 689lb woman, expecting her to lose 100lb in 2 months. The woman's boyfriend asked if that would be a shock or strain to her body and the Dr says her body is pushed to it's limit from eating so many calories that dropping down to 1200 will actually take strain off her body.