For you what does "to failure" mean?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Rep Points

Doing till failure works best for me with machines. To me is defined by having at least 3 attempts/pumps after your last full rep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    883 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Really? I kinda feel like the compounds come into play and with faster recovery times and more efficient protein synthesis I can push longer, harder, and more frequently. But then again, I'm a "over-train" kind of asshole.
    You definitely can, but your CNS will still take a hit as gear does little for CNS recovery, but it does sorta keep you amped up to push through fatigue, especially tren. It really just depends on the overall volume of your training week, your off days, rest, calories, etc. Someone like Dorian Yates really limited his volume (compared to other pros) because of how intensely he trained.
    Last edited by ArgonCoagulator; 09-16-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

failure to me has variables. Absolute failure would depend on having a training partner or someone to assist.
    Without a partner, its still variable.
    It could be simple as Do as many straight, clean reps with X weight as possible.
    To me, it can go as far as Do that, then do as many partials as you can.
    And from there Do as many partials as you can, drop the weight, and repeat, then continue to drop the weight, and repeat until you literally cant move the muscle.

Add a partner and get even crazier by adding forced reps at the end of each set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,959 Posts
    Rep Points

For myself it depends on the movement.. Failure to me is when I begin to compromise my form, once I'm no longer maintaining proper form, I'm at failure, even if I "think" I have 1-2 reps left, I can get them on the next set.
    Now, this is where instinctive training comes in.. Only certain movements I will continue even if my form begins to compromise, example, reverse flies on incline bench, even if I can't complete the full range I will continue even if I can only separate them by a few inches, keeping that continuous TUT, same with side lateral raises on the seated machine and so on..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    362 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    For myself it depends on the movement.. Failure to me is when I begin to compromise my form, once I'm no longer maintaining proper form, I'm at failure, even if I "think" I have 1-2 reps left, I can get them on the next set.
    Now, this is where instinctive training comes in.. Only certain movements I will continue even if my form begins to compromise, example, reverse flies on incline bench, even if I can't complete the full range I will continue even if I can only separate them by a few inches, keeping that continuous TUT, same with side lateral raises on the seated machine and so on..
    ^this
    Totally Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk