• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Modafinil

Oldred91

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Okay so 2nd try with a different doc..
I explained my issue and that I had researched on this medication and that it appears to be something that would be beneficial for me.

She asked if I had any sleep studies done or have sleep apnea, I told her I've never done any sleep study or anything but both my mother and father have sleep apnea..

She had never heard of the medicine before.. so she googled it or something and 1st thing she said was well this is a stimulant.. I said I wasnt aware of that and she said well it's a mild stimulant. (Mind you this place has adds everywhere for phentermine treatment for weight loss..) So she said she wasnt sure if it was something she would prescribe and that she "doesn't know if she even can prescribe it to anyone"
She told me she was going to check on some things and will call me today and also that I'd probably need a sleep study done (which is fine with me) but dang, why is this so hard to obtain.. especially when you legitimately have the need for it?
Was this as difficult of a process for anyone else who has had/has it prescribed to them?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sleep study? It’s marketed as shift work medicine. I’ve been taking it for years. $10 for a bottle of 30 every month. I also take ambien and my new Dr wanted me to have a sleep study for it because I’ve been taking that for years also. I told her not happening.

Attachments

• F8E0DEEB-38AC-401C-AB20-D988186FE916.jpeg
    F8E0DEEB-38AC-401C-AB20-D988186FE916.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 91

Sleep study? It’s marketed as shift work medicine. I’ve been taking it for years. $10 for a bottle of 30 every month. I also take ambien and my new Dr wanted me to have a sleep study for it because I’ve been taking that for years also. I told her not happening.
Yeah, I dont know why but both docs I've spoken too have jumped at the sleep study thing and both have basicly said they havent ever prescribed it and either "dont feel comfortable prescribing it" or "dont know if they can?"
Bullshit like that.. which is all it is, b.s .

I mentioned that it basically fits every issue I have and what not referencing the sleep work disorder thing.
I work anywhere from 8 hrs to 18hrs a day
1st shift and anytime at random could be called in 24/7 and might work for 4hrs or another 8 or more.
So I know I'm more than qualified for it and it's not like it's a big schedule narcotic or something.

I'm basically just going to have to do online ordering. Which is fine once I'm able to but I'd much rather have a prescription for it for obvious reasons..

It’s not a wonder drug for sure. Makes me more alert and social for about the first 2 hours maybe then I don’t notice much from it. I’m sure I have a tolerance for it though. I’ve used Nuvigil as well and can’t tell the difference between them. Good Luck

I am going to be testing Drugs Gears Moda shortly

I have a script too but I pay cash, so its cheaper to buy from DG for instance.

My experiences with Modafinil is that it fights lethargy. I love the stuff. I feel tired alot, mostly bc I have alot of stress and 3 kids and wife at home LOL as well, and my sleep sucks.

You don't feel high at all on it you just feel nice, alert, wide awake and functionable. For someone like me, its like my nights and days are backwards. Im tired and sluggish in the am, unmotivated, but if you catch me at 10pm, Im alert, I can focus and function at the highest level. I get alot of work done at night.

Modafinil is used to fight narcolepsy aka severe sleepiness in the elderly.

Is it just me or does it make you piss more often too? I feel like I piss all the time when I take Moda- I only take 100 mg or half a tab at a time too.

My experiences with Modafinil is that it fights lethargy. I love the stuff. I feel tired alot, mostly bc I have alot of stress and 3 kids and wife at home LOL as well, and my sleep sucks.

You don't feel high at all on it you just feel nice, alert, wide awake and functionable. For someone like me, its like my nights and days are backwards. Im tired and sluggish in the am, unmotivated, but if you catch me at 10pm, Im alert, I can focus and function at the highest level. I get alot of work done at night.

See I an the same way.. anytime after 10 or 11pm
It's like a switch is turned, I can be exhausted all day tired and just not firing on all cylinders but later at night usually around time I plan to go to sleep or the fiancé and kids are getting ready for bed I'm wide awake and its like hell to even try to go to bed, so I try to catch up on stuff or research and read or sharpen knives until I can forced myself asleep.
I've yet to try Moda but just based off what I've read, I could get alot of use out of it.

I handle about 200 truck loads of different grains and have to probe and get moisture and a bunch of other samples so that it can be priced for market and loaded on barges.. and if I make mistakes it could cause a few million dollars to go to the wrong farmers or companies and that's no good lol..
And all the long odd hours makes it difficult be in any kind of routine even if I was able to sleep normal lol

Have you tried Adderall and if so how do Moda compere?

I cant say from experience but from what I've read, they might have some small similarities but for the most part they are nothing alike.
But as I said that is just from reading others reviews online. So maybe it is more similar to some than others but I would doubt it as they both work on different things/areas of the brain.

IML Gear Cream!
I have tried both adderall and moda. I worked graveyard for 4 years and adderall was a life saver over moda for that shift. Two completely different drugs though. Keep in mind I have a high tolerance to all medications including stimulants and sleeping meds. I normally have to take a double dose to get the effects of both. For example the max dose of adderall IR and ambien IR is 30mg and 10mg respectively. I was using 45mg of adderall and 20mg of ambien.

Modafinil will give you a slight but noticeable burst of energy and keep you on task. You can do things you normally do in probably 3/4 of the time and move on to the next thing thinking a move or two moves ahead. For me it lasts about 4 hours max. With Modafinil I did get a bit of dirty energy feeling at times and when I tried Armodafinil I didn't get that. Armodafinil is the r-isomer I believe? Overall moda or armoda is a decent tool for long days or morning where your dragging and need a pick me up. Way better than caffiene and ephedrine for sure. It didn't make me tons more social or happy but did give a little ick me up in that department.

Adderall will make you super focused and you can knock out tasks in literally 1/4 of the time you normally do and then move on to the next like it's nothing. Once you feel it hit you are in go mode for at least 4-6 hours. Multitasking is nothing and it will make you talkative and give you a good general feeling of well being. I could power through graveyard shift ( I was a supervisor of about 22 people per shift in a production facility that ran 24/7) and constantly be on the floor with the workers with intermittent breaks to my office to take care of supervisor stuff.

From the sounds of it you would think I am a big proponent of adderall over moda/armoda. Well that's the farthest thing from the truth. The problem with adderall is it floods your brain with dopamine that's why you feel so good and amphetamine salts are well known for the energy it gives you. Adderall will also at times cause some serious anxiety that moda/armoda doesn't. I used adderall for all 4 years of graveyard. The problem is you get surprised at how efficient you are with adderall and then decide if one dose every 6 hours is good then one dose every 4 hours is better right? Then one dose every 3 hours and one every other hour and so on. Before you know it what you used to take for work is now something you have to take for normal life things like getting motivated to mow the lawn or live normal life. Also at times it will make you sweat like your running a marathon sitting in your chair and raise your heart rate just sitting. I came off cold turkey and it took me a year to just even feel slightly below normal. It's a big mental fuck because you get to the point of feeling like you can't get anything accomplished without it. The damage it does on your dopamine production and dopamine receptors isn't worth it.

I feel that adderall can be used responsibly and I have no doubt that people with true ADHD benefit from it. I would say 80% of people that go get it definitely don't have ADHD. The symptoms are so general can't focus, distracted easy and trouble completing tasks. I mean I think all of us can say that when were working on or doing something were not interested in but have to because it's work.

Modafinil is a way better option in my opinion because it gives you a nice boost but unlike adderall it doesn't turn you into a super human with a super crash. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for a boost to go with moda/armoda. It will do exactly what you want with far fewer sides. Moda/armoda is lke a 747 taking off and then landing. Adderall is like getting catapulted off and aircraft carrier in a F-22 Raptor and then equally getting jolted to stop when you land. Both will allow you to fly but I would rather have slow and steady with more safety than rocket power with the chance of disaster.

Again use anything with caution but always be super cognizant of going against the therapeutic dose or let your emotions tell you if a little is good a little more is better. That little more turns into a lot more pretty quick.

That is exactly what it does for me, it is a miracle drug.

This is a no prescription legal alternative. get the solution to mix it in and it works very similar to modafinil. no caffene crash or headaches, side effect free for me.

https://science.bio/product/hydrafinil-powder-5g/

i like modafanil better but the hydrafinil is pretty close and cheap too. 5g/50 to 100mg dose is a lot

I have tried both adderall and moda. I worked graveyard for 4 years and adderall was a life saver over moda for that shift. Two completely different drugs though. Keep in mind I have a high tolerance to all medications including stimulants and sleeping meds. I normally have to take a double dose to get the effects of both. For example the max dose of adderall IR and ambien IR is 30mg and 10mg respectively. I was using 45mg of adderall and 20mg of ambien.

Modafinil will give you a slight but noticeable burst of energy and keep you on task. You can do things you normally do in probably 3/4 of the time and move on to the next thing thinking a move or two moves ahead. For me it lasts about 4 hours max. With Modafinil I did get a bit of dirty energy feeling at times and when I tried Armodafinil I didn't get that. Armodafinil is the r-isomer I believe? Overall moda or armoda is a decent tool for long days or morning where your dragging and need a pick me up. Way better than caffiene and ephedrine for sure. It didn't make me tons more social or happy but did give a little ick me up in that department.

Adderall will make you super focused and you can knock out tasks in literally 1/4 of the time you normally do and then move on to the next like it's nothing. Once you feel it hit you are in go mode for at least 4-6 hours. Multitasking is nothing and it will make you talkative and give you a good general feeling of well being. I could power through graveyard shift ( I was a supervisor of about 22 people per shift in a production facility that ran 24/7) and constantly be on the floor with the workers with intermittent breaks to my office to take care of supervisor stuff.

From the sounds of it you would think I am a big proponent of adderall over moda/armoda. Well that's the farthest thing from the truth. The problem with adderall is it floods your brain with dopamine that's why you feel so good and amphetamine salts are well known for the energy it gives you. Adderall will also at times cause some serious anxiety that moda/armoda doesn't. I used adderall for all 4 years of graveyard. The problem is you get surprised at how efficient you are with adderall and then decide if one dose every 6 hours is good then one dose every 4 hours is better right? Then one dose every 3 hours and one every other hour and so on. Before you know it what you used to take for work is now something you have to take for normal life things like getting motivated to mow the lawn or live normal life. Also at times it will make you sweat like your running a marathon sitting in your chair and raise your heart rate just sitting. I came off cold turkey and it took me a year to just even feel slightly below normal. It's a big mental fuck because you get to the point of feeling like you can't get anything accomplished without it. The damage it does on your dopamine production and dopamine receptors isn't worth it.

I feel that adderall can be used responsibly and I have no doubt that people with true ADHD benefit from it. I would say 80% of people that go get it definitely don't have ADHD. The symptoms are so general can't focus, distracted easy and trouble completing tasks. I mean I think all of us can say that when were working on or doing something were not interested in but have to because it's work.

Modafinil is a way better option in my opinion because it gives you a nice boost but unlike adderall it doesn't turn you into a super human with a super crash. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for a boost to go with moda/armoda. It will do exactly what you want with far fewer sides. Moda/armoda is lke a 747 taking off and then landing. Adderall is like getting catapulted off and aircraft carrier in a F-22 Raptor and then equally getting jolted to stop when you land. Both will allow you to fly but I would rather have slow and steady with more safety than rocket power with the chance of disaster.

Again use anything with caution but always be super cognizant of going against the therapeutic dose or let your emotions tell you if a little is good a little more is better. That little more turns into a lot more pretty quick.

ok, thanks for that detailed review. I’ve been on Adderall for around 7 yrs, during this time I haven’t raised my dosages but I have tried to find ways to make my dosage more effective, it’s tempting like you say to take it more often and raise the dosage but I try to be responsible addict, lol ;)

So do you think it’s worth it for me try Moda instead or do you think it would be a waste of time? To take a whole year off is not realistic at the moment.

ok, thanks for that detailed review. I’ve been on Adderall for around 7 yrs, during this time I haven’t raised my dosages but I have tried to find ways to make my dosage more effective, it’s tempting like you say to take it more often and raise the dosage but I try to be responsible addict, lol ;)

So do you think it’s worth it for me try Moda instead or do you think it would be a waste of time? To take a whole year off is not realistic at the moment.

If you have been responsibly using adderall for 7 years I don't see a problem with it. Maybe try some moda (I really liked the armodafinil better) in place of one of your normal doses of adderall. Like I said there are people that can use it responsibly. I just got caught up with taking more and more. Then I justified working graveyard to do it. I do think it would be worth if you tried moda/armoda in the way I said. Try substituting your dose once a day or one day on moda/armoda and one day with adderall. You have nothing to lose and possibly something to gain. I don't know if long term use of amphetamine salts is going to be healthy on our heart. You sound like you have done the right thing for a long time.

So in a nutshell yes I think it would be worthwhile for you to try some moda/armoda and see if they can help you achieve what you are looking for.

Back