Pharmacom Store


Ultrasound. Enlarged Heart

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73
  1. #16
    Senior Member

    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,566

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by maddoger View Post
    Makes sense. Thank you for the feedback. You do HGH as well afaik. Do you check your heart? I know that HGH will make everything grow, but what about 2iu? Itís Literally nothing. I wonder if that much will still grow someoneís heart.

    I think most of people donít do checks and i caught the issue early enough. Will be working on fixing it.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Makes sense. Thank you for the feedback. You do HGH as well afaik. Do you check your heart? I know that HGH will make everything grow, but what about 2iu? Itís Literally nothing. I wonder if that much will still grow someoneís heart.

    I think most of people donít do checks and i caught the issue early enough. Will be working on fixing it.
    Of course man. I do use GH. Been at 2iu for a while, and about to bump it to 4 for a little bit. I won't go over 4iu ever anymore, no need for me to take the risk honestly. It seems like over 4iu mixed with gear is where the heart issues really start developing so that's why I have the arbitrary limit lol.

    I actually do get my heart checked, I've had 2 echos done, that last about 6 months ago. I have zero enlargement and my EF is 65+% as of the last one. As soon as I get any enlargement I'm done with gear period, mostly because I want to be here for the grandkids.

    I do also take K2 with vit D, ubiquinol, and circumin at 1500mg daily to hopefully help prevent it. I'm on BP meds to keep my BP down in the 126/65ish range. I don't want it getting remotely high, mostly because of the cardiomyopathy and kidney issues it creates. If it doesn't, that'll be my day to stop. I'm not a competitive bber, and I don't care enough about being jacked to keep it up if it really compromises my health.

  2. #17
    Senior Member

    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,566

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Sounds like you really don't want to quit but looks to me you have to.

    Garlic Chicken worded it best and I can't top that.

    At least you see the problem and you can do something about it.

    Grow old, be with your family and enjoy life.

    This shit is not worth it when you get to the point where you are.

    Time to go a different direction with your life.
    This is exactly what I think. It's not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    yep- I guarantee if I got news like this it would be over for me. I don't take anything lightly and it won't take much for me to throw the towel in.
    Yep me too. As soon as that starts I'm done. Hopefully I won't even get there, but we'll see. Trying my best to hold it off

  3. #18
    Senior Member

    ArgonCoagulator's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    From GA to TX Yee haw boy
    Posts
    2,396

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,083
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,190
    Thanked in
    931 Posts
    Rep Points
    464877322

    Obviously I'm not MD myself, but I think some of the guys have already given you practical common sense suggestions which is basically ease off the doses and do more cardio.

    I would personally add, that when you "cruise", be sure it is truly an actual TRT cruise as in no other compounds besides the minimum amount of test (NOT 250mg) that keeps you at a steady 700-800ng/dl. Obviously this is is much less than 250mg of test for MOST men. Probably closer to 125mg. Also, make sure you truly follow the "time on = time off" principle for blasting/cruising. Try to learn to be happy with using lower doses like a gram or less of total gear for a blast. Learn to be happy with being a "good size" rather than chasing monster status.
    Last edited by ArgonCoagulator; 09-12-2020 at 11:28 PM.

  4. #19
    Senior Member

    Rot-Iron66's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,680

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    801
    Thanked in
    494 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I would stop all gear if it were me. And just do TRT to be in mid-range under Docs supervision.
    Fake muscles for a while isnt worth long-term health...

  5. #20
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    943

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points
    123915332

    Ok, I know what to do thanks for the input. Every lifter has enlarged heart. Even those who donít do AAS. Having enlaeged heart is not the end of the world. It all depends how much it progressed and if it stopped at reasonable/safe levels. My heart was slightly enlarged due to blood pressure before AAS.

    Ppl who were giving tips and advices, do you do ultra sound every year ? Curious how steroids and HGH affected your heart.

  6. #21
    Senior Member

    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,566

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by maddoger View Post
    Ok, I know what to do thanks for the input. Every lifter has enlarged heart. Even those who donít do AAS. Having enlaeged heart is not the end of the world. It all depends how much it progressed and if it stopped at reasonable/safe levels. My heart was slightly enlarged due to blood pressure before AAS.

    Ppl who were giving tips and advices, do you do ultra sound every year ? Curious how steroids and HGH affected your heart.
    You're right, it's not the end all but if it progresses it will be. That was my point. I did add a little shock value to it but it is true, unchecked cardiomyopathy will putt us in the grave early. It's the reason so many bbers have been falling over dead the last 15 years. Hell we've had a few heart attacks on this forum the last few years. It can happen.

    Biggest thing is to get that damn BP down. Go to a true trt dose for a while and get everything under control. That's what I would do

    Also, I did post above about getting echos. I've had a couple done now and I will continue to in the future. Probably every other year
    Last edited by GarlicChicken; 09-13-2020 at 08:04 AM.

  7. #22
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    943

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points
    123915332

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    You're right, it's not the end all but if it progresses it will be. That was my point. I did add a little shock value to it but it is true, unchecked cardiomyopathy will putt us in the grave early. It's the reason so many bbers have been falling over dead the last 15 years. Hell we've had a few heart attacks on this forum the last few years. It can happen.

    Biggest thing is to get that damn BP down. Go to a true trt dose for a while and get everything under control. That's what I would do

    Also, I did post above about getting echos. I've had a couple done now and I will continue to in the future. Probably every other year
    I found a few reasons for high blood pressure. Itís already better. Iím measuring it 5-10 times a day.

    How was your echo ? Did you notice effect of HGH?

    I bet most of people who commented here donít know a lot about enlarged heart and donít really do echos...

  8. #23
    Senior Member

    Diesel618's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,062

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    230
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Idk maybe Im just reckless, but LVH is kind of expected in this lifestyle. If everyone here had an ultrasound and/or echo Im sure plenty would have larger hearts. I had to have an echo when I had PEs and mine was significantly enlarged but still functioning fine and the cardiologist didn't seem concerned at all.

    Then again Im single with no kids. I might be more concerned if I had a household relying on me.

  9. #24
    Gym Derelict


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14,899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,952
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,187
    Thanked in
    1,923 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    Idk maybe Im just reckless, but LVH is kind of expected in this lifestyle. If everyone here had an ultrasound and/or echo Im sure plenty would have larger hearts. I had to have an echo when I had PEs and mine was significantly enlarged but still functioning fine and the cardiologist didn't seem concerned at all.

    Then again Im single with no kids. I might be more concerned if I had a household relying on me.
    When looking death straight in the face you might think differently.

    Not saying you're full of shit, but when time comes you could say to yourself "fuck I wish I hadn't done that"

    Life is fleeting, guaranteed no one goes around saying "yeah dying young ain't bad"

    Just my perspective, not critical of you.

  10. #25
    Senior Member

    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,566

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,867 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by maddoger View Post
    I found a few reasons for high blood pressure. Itís already better. Iím measuring it 5-10 times a day.

    How was your echo ? Did you notice effect of HGH?

    I bet most of people who commented here donít know a lot about enlarged heart and donít really do echos...
    My echo was perfect. I've never went above 4iu and only did that for shorter periods of time. I've also been running 1500mg of 95% circumin daily for almost a year. Who knows if that's made any difference or not. But I've been relatively moderate with gear for the majority of my lifting career except one real hard run that made me feel like shit.

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    Diesel618's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,062

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    230
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    When looking death straight in the face you might think differently.

    Not saying you're full of shit, but when time comes you could say to yourself "fuck I wish I hadn't done that"

    Life is fleeting, guaranteed no one goes around saying "yeah dying young ain't bad"

    Just my perspective, not critical of you.
    That gets into personal beliefs about spirituality and the hereafter or lackthereof, but that isn't really the point I was trying to make. I could have been more clear.

    Im just saying that I don't think an enlarged left ventricle is a death sentence. It's extremely common among athletes both natural and enhanced. If there are issues with how it's performing that's another story, but everyone telling him to give up on using gear and change his life is a bit premature from my perspective.

  12. #27
    Senior Member

    ArgonCoagulator's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    From GA to TX Yee haw boy
    Posts
    2,396

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,083
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,190
    Thanked in
    931 Posts
    Rep Points
    464877322

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    I would stop all gear if it were me. And just do TRT to be in mid-range under Docs supervision.
    Fake muscles for a while isnt worth long-term health...
    Very good point here. To me, living til 90 and seeing the world change and grandchildren grow up, essentially being a walking piece of history is much more important to me than being a jacked meat head and only living til 40-50. You can still look much better than average on TRT doses, it's still an advantage over being completely natural.

  13. #28
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    943

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Rep Points
    123915332

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    My echo was perfect. I've never went above 4iu and only did that for shorter periods of time. I've also been running 1500mg of 95% circumin daily for almost a year. Who knows if that's made any difference or not. But I've been relatively moderate with gear for the majority of my lifting career except one real hard run that made me feel like shit.
    I never went above 4iu, usually 2-3IU. But I do it daily. I'm on low doses of gear never went high. Only primo I went high because it's super mild.
    So according to the doctors it's blood pressure. I also have thick blood which raises BP as well. Never was able to donate. I will have to start. Btw, how circumin helps ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    Idk maybe Im just reckless, but LVH is kind of expected in this lifestyle. If everyone here had an ultrasound and/or echo Im sure plenty would have larger hearts. I had to have an echo when I had PEs and mine was significantly enlarged but still functioning fine and the cardiologist didn't seem concerned at all.

    Then again Im single with no kids. I might be more concerned if I had a household relying on me.
    That's my point, all those people who were giving tips and advices have enlarged heart but never did ultra sound

    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonCoagulator View Post
    Very good point here. To me, living til 90 and seeing the world change and grandchildren grow up, essentially being a walking piece of history is much more important to me than being a jacked meat head and only living til 40-50. You can still look much better than average on TRT doses, it's still an advantage over being completely natural.
    Have you ever done echo ? Looking at your profile photo I can tell you have enlarged heart as many other lifter.

  14. #29
    Senior Member

    88HerculesGenes88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    1,433

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by maddoger View Post
    Makes sense. Thank you for the feedback. You do HGH as well afaik. Do you check your heart? I know that HGH will make everything grow, but what about 2iu? Itís Literally nothing. I wonder if that much will still grow someoneís heart.

    I think most of people donít do checks and i caught the issue early enough. Will be working on fixing it.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Makes sense. Thank you for the feedback. You do HGH as well afaik. Do you check your heart? I know that HGH will make everything grow, but what about 2iu? Itís Literally nothing. I wonder if that much will still grow someoneís heart.

    I think most of people donít do checks and i caught the issue early enough. Will be working on fixing it.
    I am prescribed Adderall, have been forever, try to take smaller doses, don't use as much caffeine, on days you can afford to be sluggish don't take it, give your body breaks, this shit is Amphetamines, this shit is like using NOS on a car. Eat a lot of regular oatmeal for cholesterol! Drink a lot of water, do some yoga like sessions where you learn to lower your heart rate and blood pressure through breathing and calming your mind.

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    zionoir626's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blue Ridge
    Posts
    2,735

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    79
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    643
    Thanked in
    435 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147339789

    A lot of great points in this thread..1-yes enlarged heart is part of this lifestyle,some are lucky..2-everyone is different,however Tren at any dose has drawn backs..3-as lifters we tend to shy away from cardio,which bites us in the ass the older we get..4-would just plan on getting a hand on this before it gets out of hand.. didn't get your age in all of this,but as you age 40+ is when you need to look at everything and be able to understand labs...IF YOU LEAVE IT TO OTHERS to tell you what's wrong,you'll be let down and sorry..I have had many arguments with Dr.s over the last 4 years..and ER Dr.s are the worst..a good Dr. is worth his weight in gold..but finding one can be a task..this is a wake-up call,you need to make some changes..good luck and Godspeed

Similar Threads

  1. Murmur and enlarged heart
    By frank zazz in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-28-2019, 02:07 PM
  2. Doctor ordered liver ultrasound
    By hannamuscles in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM
  3. Enlarged Prostate?
    By onebigpump in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM
  4. Calcified Nodule Cyst Ė CT Scan and Ultrasound + More
    By needspractice in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums