• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Vertical diet?? Anyone ?

j2048b

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So has anyone ever used stan's vertical diet?

Just wondering as ive looked thru it, but havent read or seen any real world reviews....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Not that exactly, but for a long time Ive been eating a similar kind of food that works for me, used idea from Shepherd's pie, I make up a huge batch and eat it all week. (12 servings, 3 times a day MON - THU, then of course McDonalds on FRI (today).
Stan would not recommend!

Bottom layer - white rice
On top of that - chicken burger
On top of that - Busch's beans
top layer - corn and carrots

I dont bodybuild or count calories/macros, I just like it and its easy...

Not that exactly, but for a long time Ive been eating a similar kind of food that works for me, used idea from Shepherd's pie, I make up a huge batch and eat it all week. (12 servings, 3 times a day MON - THU, then of course McDonalds on FRI (today).
Stan would not recommend!

Bottom layer - white rice
On top of that - chicken burger
On top of that - Busch's beans
top layer - corn and carrots

I dont bodybuild or count calories/macros, I just like it and its easy...

Powerlifting? Or powerbuilding?

U use chicken and meat for the chicken burger???

How much of each and do u make each seperately and just pile it on or like a casserole?

I wouldnt mind having the recipe to make it

Yes, I like lifting Powerbuilding style I guess. Focus on the big four (SQ, DL, Bench, OHP) with the assistance work and normal bodybuilding stuff thrown in with it.
I dont try to get ripped, but I try to not get fat.

I use chicken burger, you know, like the turkey burger they sell. I just pile it into big tupperware things and scoop out servings as I need it.
Not much of a recipe.

5 minute rice in Microwave (start w/ 4 - 6 cups).
Cook 2-3 lbs of the burger in a skillet, olive oil, your chosen seasoning, etc. Put it on top of rice.

A large can of beans to top of the meat, then a large can of chosen veggie for the very top. (Just cold out of the can as I warm up each dish later anyways).
I hate cooking, but I like this stuff. Not much to it.

I put Sriracha or the hot/Chinese mustard on top when I'm eating it. Pretty lazy when it comes to this stuff, but I find when I dont have this to eat all week, I eat worse, like subs and stuff, not good.

Yes, I like lifting Powerbuilding style I guess. Focus on the big four (SQ, DL, Bench, OHP) with the assistance work and normal bodybuilding stuff thrown in with it.
I dont try to get ripped, but I try to not get fat.

I use chicken burger, you know, like the turkey burger they sell. I just pile it into big tupperware things and scoop out servings as I need it.
Not much of a recipe.

5 minute rice in Microwave (start w/ 4 - 6 cups).
Cook 2-3 lbs of the burger in a skillet, olive oil, your chosen seasoning, etc. Put it on top of rice.

A large can of beans to top of the meat, then a large can of chosen veggie for the very top. (Just cold out of the can as I warm up each dish later anyways).
I hate cooking, but I like this stuff. Not much to it.

I put Sriracha or the hot/Chinese mustard on top when I'm eating it. Pretty lazy when it comes to this stuff, but I find when I dont have this to eat all week, I eat worse, like subs and stuff, not good.
Nice ill have to give some a try, ive always wanted to hit up powerlifting as its a great combo of everything,

The Vertical Diet is very similar to a low FODMAP diet, which is commonly recommended for those with IBS and other gastric issues. It’s worth pointing out that a lowFODMAP diet is rarely ever recommended as a long term eating plan, even for those that benefit from it. And it’s basically never recommended by doctors as a sustainable way to eat. It’s meant to be intentionally limiting to help those suffering with IBS and Chrones disease reduce inflammation in the short term. One of the issues doctors have with it, and why they don’t recommended it long term, is that it severely limits the intake of healthy green veggies, which can potentially lead to deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals. Although, I think Stan does recommend a well rounded multivitamin as being essential to his diet plan, and now you know why.

I don’t think the science is in exactly on the exact benefits of the Vertical Diet. Much of it makes sense, and it may be worth trying Whether you can sustain eating that way is the big question.

Back