• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Traps

Obscured78

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Besides shrugs, what are some major trap building exercises?

Shrugs never did anything for me, farmer carries and cleans work great. I think to many people use to light a weight for trap training, wide grip high pulls worked incredibly for me but only when the weight got above 225lbs

I just get a set of 45s grab them and shrug them everyother day in between sets. About 8-12 sets seems to work really well for height( look massive from the front and heavy back and rear delt work should add the thickness. Blasting them frequently with the 45lb plates will surprise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrugs never did anything for me, farmer carries and cleans work great. I think to many people use to light a weight for trap training, wide grip high pulls worked incredibly for me but only when the weight got above 225lbs

Traps are a big muscle and they do seem to respond well to explosive movements. Heavy deads and farmer's walks work them hard too due to the stretch it puts on them.

Traps are a big muscle and they do seem to respond well to explosive movements. Heavy deads and farmer's walks work them hard too due to the stretch it puts on them.

Yeah lots of farmers walk also...you might as well be strong if your gonna look it

Feel free to use my method. Used it with hundreds of clients with success.

I developed this I forget, 15+ years ago and honestly when doing these 3x per week, solid reps of 20 with true 10 second pauses and maybe 5 sets each day, my traps got massive. I wish they were that size now, but I dont have the time and energy to invest into bodybuilding like I did 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM1onefXf3g&t=2s

Trap bar works great for farmers carries. Or a couple buckets of barb wire, hammers, u-nails and 197 acres of fence line worked really well when I was a young pup.

also shrugs seem to work well for me, but you gotta go heavy.

High pulls with plates.

thanks for the video Wes. I’m gonna try them tonight I think.

I am skinny fat and do not respond well to gear - except for traps - inject some gear, shrug one heavy set, and those things grow. Rack pulls seem to grow them, too. I wish my legs were so easy.

I developed this I forget, 15+ years ago and honestly when doing these 3x per week, solid reps of 20 with true 10 second pauses and maybe 5 sets each day, my traps got massive. I wish they were that size now, but I dont have the time and energy to invest into bodybuilding like I did 10 years ago.

BUMP for Wesley's vid!

Trying that Wes thanks!! Love the stretch.

This is one part of my body I don't really have to focus on anymore. I'll throw some shrugs in once every couple weeks but between upright rows, BB rows, and all of the other secondary action they get plenty of love.

Shrugs and upright rows have been a staple of mine for traps. Was looking for some other exercises to give a little Bill Goldberg look!
Upright rows

This is from Arnold's Encyclopedia....Bertil Fox has amazing traps.

It is primarily a shoulder exercise but also works traps as well. Worth looking at and implementing IMO.

Attachments

• traps.jpg
    traps.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 70
Farmers carries, cable rows where you shrug at the top and regular shrugs making sure to pull up and back with your traps.

Get Shredded!
Trap bar works great for farmers carries. Or a couple buckets of barb wire, hammers, u-nails and 197 acres of fence line worked really well when I was a young pup.

also shrugs seem to work well for me, but you gotta go heavy.

If you decide to go this route let me know, I need new fence on all my property. Hahaha

Since traps are a fan shaped muscle... you can hit it at different angles similar to chest. So instead of standing up straight you can also bend 5-10% forward and do sets at those angles.

Also you can use low cables or bands at an angle without needing to lean forward.

damn thats dope. very simple.. I'm gonna hit those along with my farmers walks.. love farmers walks cant give those up lmao

damn thats dope. very simple.. I'm gonna hit those along with my farmers walks.. love farmers walks cant give those up lmao

I am definitely going to give this a shot. Looks great.

Shrugs kill traps for me.
I use shrugs and always used them set after set! Thru some pause/hold in ....

Im gonna mix this in and see what happens ....just watching the vid I can see the activation..thanks

Back