Thread: Tips for PIP?

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Rep Points

Slap. Stretch skin. I pin with 25g 1 inch quad or 29g 1in rear delt. Hot shower if needed, then roll with foam roller quad or lacrosse ball on delt. Works every time.

If you have questions or need a list hit up Red Bird at redsxript@ctemplar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points

I've heard of folks using heating pads as well to help bring blood/nutrients to the area. Also, some add extra sterile oil to help dilute. Back in the day when test prop and T400 seemed painful than today (early UG gear ... but that could be me having just gotten used to it), I'd use smaller amounts in many areas (bis, tris, chest, etc.) to help spread out versus more oil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Slap. Stretch skin. I pin with 25g 1 inch quad or 29g 1in rear delt. Hot shower if needed, then roll with foam roller quad or lacrosse ball on delt. Works every time.

If you have questions or need a list hit up Red Bird at redsxript@ctemplar.com
    I've always slapped/popped my ass 3 good times before inj., and massage area pretty hard for a good minute or two afterwards. I use 1.5 in. 23 G, but only inj. in glutes,.prob. too big for most other areas. good luck!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,782 Posts
    Rep Points

Pro Tip

Buy Sterile Grapeseed oil

Mix it at a 1:1 ratio

Meaning per every cc or ML of gear, mix in 1 cc or mL of sterile grapeseed oil. Shake it up in the syringe well before use.

Do not pin over 1.5cc in any one site

Rotate sites

Take hot shower just prior to injecting. Be sure you are not using the same needle aka tip that you drew the oil out with. But smaller tips to inject with then what you draw with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

When you move into ďbiggerĒ cycles where you would pin more oil, would you do the same? Or would you back load all the different oils and pin in different areas? In my mind it would make sense to get as much of each compound together in one syringe. If you need to maybe 2? Inexperienced forgive me but Iím curious as to how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Rep Points

I use to shoot Denkall(Sp?)400 years ago and it was the worst. Left baseball size lumps in my glutes and the pip was a bitch. Only thing that helped me was massage and sitting in a bathtub full of hot water. Back in those days heating the oil was a no no but probably just Bro Science.....AR

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,782 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sxboicexb View Post
    When you move into ďbiggerĒ cycles where you would pin more oil, would you do the same? Or would you back load all the different oils and pin in different areas? In my mind it would make sense to get as much of each compound together in one syringe. If you need to maybe 2? Inexperienced forgive me but Iím curious as to how that works.

As a trainer and coach for 24+ years I have specific things I do and do not allow for my clients. For one, I don't let them inject more then 1.5cc per site.

And guess what. Many of them, will nervously msg me and say, I have an abcess or preabcess what do I do. And I ask them how much they injected. Oh, 2-3mL. I say like an angry father, "didn't I say 1.5 cc or less" and they are like, yeah but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. And then I say, "why are you paying me then"?

Don't think for yourself if you are not an expert in said area.

In the hospital, we wont even inject more then 1cc in an area, bc the risk for abcess or infection increases per the volume of oil

But I digress any injections risks infection.

So you gotta treat this game serious. You can mix and match oils, that's not the issue.

VOLUME is the issue. You are injecting a high pressure into a muscle tissue and that oil is pressing on nerves, muscle tissue, possibly fat, blood vessels, etc. And it takes time to absorb. It is a foreign material initially in the eyes of your body and if you shoot 3cc of oil into a muscle, guess what the body is going to do. Its going to send a mission to protect the area and destroy the "foreign" substance.

Granted you will absorb it somewhat quickly

But play the game right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    435 Posts
    Rep Points

If the PIP is from the solvent,nothing much will help Except diluting the compound..cut the Sust with grapeseed or another compound..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Rep Points

Sooo, what exactly is the ass slapping for? When I was going into my doctor's office for trt injections, the nurse, who was smoking hot, never slapped my ass. If I missed out something I was owed, was thinking maybe I should go back and get some slaps, retroactively

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, the Swolle Life Chose Me ~ Wesley Swolle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

I agree with Wes. I think itís volume mostly.

what works for me is
    1.) take a hot shower (let the hot water flow over the area you are gonna pin)
    2.) warm the jug up in your hand before drawing
    3.) rubbing alcohol all over the place
    4.) use a 25g pin (VG is by far my favorite muscle to pin)
    5.) inject super slow
    6.) pull out the pin nice and slow after waiting 15 seconds or so
    7.) massage freshly pinned area

VG holds 3cc easily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,849 Posts
    Rep Points

Warm the oil before injecting, percussion massage before injecting, and going slow all make a huge difference. Avoid high concentration gear also if you are worried about it. I personally don't care anymore, I got past the pain bothering me and use the other techniques above. I also prefer using a bigger needle, 23g instead of smaller, because the oil flows so much easier you don't have to press the plunger hard and therefore don't shake around as much, causing less damage and inflammation. Goes against what most do, but I always use 23g with a 3cc syringe. I do use 25's with a 1cc barrel though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

This is all really useful! I have never pinned more than 1ml. Would loading one ml hitting one spot in the glutei then .5ml in a different spot on the same glutei be alright?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Or even more oil than that? Or would you recommend more frequency at that point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,849 Posts
    Rep Points

This is all really useful! I have never pinned more than 1ml. Would loading one ml hitting one spot in the glutei then .5ml in a different spot on the same glutei be alright?

Or even more oil than that? Or would you recommend more frequency at that point?

Depends on your tolerance. I can personally pin up to 2cc in the delts and lats, 3cc in quads and glutes without much issue, as long as I'm rotating sure enough. I have to go real slow with that much so it doesn't get really pissed.

It's really just a matter of what you can personally do. These days I don't run much gear so I don't really have to go over 1cc at a time. When I started I had to do less than 1.5cc or else it would hurt pretty bad. Plus I also prefer to run higher concentration gear these days to reduce pin volume. I personally prefer the soreness from stiff gear over the soreness from high volume shots lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wardamn View Post
    27ga 1/2", 25ga 5/8", 25ga 1"
    Exactly the three sizes I keep around as well. Iíll use the 25g 1Ē on the glutes. And Iíll use slin pins everywhere else if possible. Although sometimes the 5/8Ē is preferable for larger volume shots that arenít glute.