• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Starting over

Honeybager50

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Wondering what the best way to start up again. Haven’t lifted in a year but starting back up and looking for some cycle advice or thoughts

Goals? Stats? Info??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wondering what the best way to start up again. Haven’t lifted in a year but starting back up and looking for some cycle advice or thoughts
I always tell people to get back in the gym for a couple months before ever doing a cycle. It would suck to get injured and put you out for months. I have been stupid and been there.

Also get your diet in check and in 2 months you should be ready. If you have never cycled you should start with a test only cycle. Be sure to get bloodwork done also to see how you are doing. You can go to labsmd.com for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah don't jump on gear right away. Your strength will climb too fast for your connective tissue to keep up with and you'll get hurt. I've done it before, I've learned my lesson. If I haven't been lifting I start back for at least a month or more just on my normal trt dose

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I always tell people to get back in the gym for a couple months before ever doing a cycle. It would suck to get injured and put you out for months. I have been stupid and been there.

Also get your diet in check and in 2 months you should be ready. If you have never cycled you should start with a test only cycle. Be sure to get bloodwork done also to see how you are doing. You can go to labsmd.com for that.

This is some of the finest advice I have seen. But based on experience and my cynicism, I’ll wager it’s in one ear and out the other.

This is some of the finest advice I have seen. But based on experience and my cynicism, I’ll wager it’s in one ear and out the other.
I'm thinking this guy is a little older and will listen. I am guessing he has honey bees and that's too much work for most kids these days.

On another note was thinking about you when someone busted out the Cabo for shots. I wondered if coach ever sees sammy down there. Was not long after the cabo wiped my memory from that night.

I haven’t seen Sammy. I see plenty of folks though. Especially when I pick people up at the airport. Had a long chat with Jessie Ventura once. Mostly Navy stuff.

I haven’t seen Sammy. I see plenty of folks though. Especially when I pick people up at the airport. Had a long chat with Jessie Ventura once. Mostly Navy stuff.
He has to have some crazy stories to tell from Vietnam and the shit blew up over there.

U think i'm kidding coach, but i'm coming down there to cabo wabo and find ur ass.lol i've been to Sammy's bar, but like my man Bigtoe, my memory is a bit fuzzy about that night. One things for sure. I had FUN! OMG,the women! Beautiful. dark hair,olive skin, almost seemed italian instead of latino. shit, maybe she was, really not important-fuckin gorgeous. I'm OTW!

U think i'm kidding coach, but i'm coming down there to cabo wabo and find ur ass.lol i've been to Sammy's bar, but like my man Bigtoe, my memory is a bit fuzzy about that night. One things for sure. I had FUN! OMG,the women! Beautiful. dark hair,olive skin, almost seemed italian instead of latino. shit, maybe she was, really not important-fuckin gorgeous. I'm OTW!
I had an open invitation to everyone on the forum a few years ago before all the cunts showed themselves. I still welcome anyone on a case by case basis. There’s nothing like knowing a local when you visit a place. In a month I’ll be back to normal eating and drinking. That is unless I decide to punish myself with the Master’s Nationals.

IML Gear Cream!
Like others have said, you shouldn't blast if you're close to dyel. Get some months with proper training and diet first, and be in a good place (gym wise) before hopping on. But based on this post, i wager you already made up your mind to cycle to aid your restart. In that case I would recommend a lower dosed blast of test, or maybe cruise for 24 weeks. But be prepared for a shitty pct. But test only. If you take any 2nd compound you're incredibly stupid. No offense. Good luck

Don't add weight to the bar to boost your pride. Keep the weights reasonable and maybe a little lower than you think is ideal, that way you can use perfect form and avoid straining yourself and flailing around. That's what causes injuries

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

As a general rule, it takes about half the time you have laid off the gym to get back to where you were...so if you haven't been in the gym for a year, figure 6 months of hard work to get back to where you were at previously.

I wouldn't use gear to accelerate this process bc of high risk for injuries.

Get back to work and at the numbers you were pushing previously then maybe jump on something to bring your training to the next level. But atm you will be fighting for your life with just your normal workouts.

I think we have all been there in the past for some reason. Gonna suck.

true- I would get back into the gym for at least a month before starting up gear again. That is pretty much what I did after our shutdown for 3 months even though I had a limited garage setup. I went off all gear for over 3 months. I couldnt go full out like I can in the gym. When the gym opened back up I waited another month before starting gear again and I started test only low dose for a month.
If you go hard and juice right away, you def will get injured and then you set yourself back even further.
Yeah don't jump on gear right away. Your strength will climb too fast for your connective tissue to keep up with and you'll get hurt. I've done it before, I've learned my lesson. If I haven't been lifting I start back for at least a month or more just on my normal trt dose

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Personally I agree with what the brothers are saying, get in the gym and get that good natural soreness going on for a while and then once your body is conditioned and used to clanging n banging again then start back up with a reasonable cycle. whatever you do be safe bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back