• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Has anyone ever had a "close call" with Insulin?

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We all know insulin can be dangerous if used incorrectly. But it is also the best thing out there for serious muscle growth. Insulin created the mass monsters we see on stage today. It is even widely popular among recreational bodybuilders.

For anyone here who has used insulin....have you ever had a close call where you went hypo? Or even just felt slightly off and had to take in some sugar real quick? What ended up happening and how did you manage to recover? Did you pass out? Hospital? What is your story?

We all know insulin can be dangerous if used incorrectly. But it is also the best thing out there for serious muscle growth. Insulin created the mass monsters we see on stage today. It is even widely popular among recreational bodybuilders.

For anyone here who has used insulin....have you ever had a close call where you went hypo? Or even just felt slightly off and had to take in some sugar real quick? What ended up happening and how did you manage to recover? Did you pass out? Hospital? What is your story?

Yea shakes and feeling off are part of it. Juice or skittles is my go to. As for the other shit, nah.

Humalog will be better than novolin R in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It is easy to tell when it happens, though, and it is also easily correctable. First you get a dizzy feeling. Then you get hot. Then you get all sweaty and start getting confused.

Unless you injected some insane amount, though, it is very easy to correct. I have never been over 20 iu at once, so I can't say anything about those levels, but under that, just drink something sugary. My preference now are those little Dole pineapple juice cans (do not need to be refrigerated and easy to carry). If I misjudge my carbs (and the same carbs are not always enough every time, it is just not the way the body works, you are more insulin sensitive at some times than others), and I feel it coming on, then one of those little cans usually corrects it.

For 5 hours after injecting R, I keep within reach one or two of those pineapple juice cans and glucose tabs from the diabetic section of the pharmacy. It does not matter how much I have to eat. I keep those nearby. I usually do not need them, but at least I know if I start to go hypo in a bad way, I do not need to be going looking for them while in a confused state.

Also, it takes a while. When using R, it comes on slowly. My very first "scare" years ago, I had to go walk over to a fast food place and purchase a large sweet tea. There was a line. I was already drenched in sweat, dizzy, and somewhat confused, but several minutes later had my tea and drank it. A few minutes later, I was good to go.

Nowadays a couple glucose tabs at the first sign of dizziness, and, if it continues, down a pineapple juice, and I am right as rain two or three minutes later. I am much better about targeting my insulin use to my diet, now, however, so I don't really "need" these things now so much as keep them nearby in case of need.

Last edited:
Yes! Waited too long for dextrose after shot. Pouring sweat and shaking...literally couldn't eat enough sugar and carbs for about 25 minutes, then slept for about 3 hours.

I've never tried insulin for 2 reasons
1 quite frankly im just not big enough yet lol
2 as much as I read and study other people's protocols, i feel my possible ignorance of it may get me in trouble

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

probably twice a week, just had a low yesturday. once I was so low I couldnt even talk and ask for help, below 80 and you should feel hunger and shakes maybe even a little light headed below 60 my legs start cold sweeting and I feel pretty weak, lower than 40 start getting tunnel vision and cant even talk I can feel that I'm on the verge of blacking out

Yep, a few times. Scariest was when it came on while I was shoving a train.. sense/fear of impending doom, cold sweats all over, shaky to the point you gotta hold on to something to prevent yourself from collapsing, and the worst the tunnel vision sets in right before you're about to black out. Never blacked out, but came real close a few times.

Type 1 diabetic here and very knowledgeable regarding insulin and how to use it around your protocol. I’ve used humalog and novolin R for about 10 years now since I got diagnosed back in 2011. Humalog is far superior imo because it is in and out quick and starts working almost immediately. As opposed to novolin, although it is novolin “R” it takes about two hours to kick in and remains active for 8, when humalog only stays active for about 4 I believe. And the problem with the r is that you need to constantly have carbs for those 8 hours or you’ll go hypo. Shoot me a pm or reply on here if you want to know more about dosing and administration.

I passed out a few times from insulin. I managed to get enough simple carbs down to wake up after passing out for a half hour or so. I was doing stupid shit! Dieting for a bodybuilding show on 80ius of insulin per day. I even did the dumbest thing ever as an experiment by iv’ing 5ius of humalin-R. Insulin isn’t to be taken lightly.

80ius! That’s crazy lol. Only time I go hypo is usually on leg day at night. Best time for administration imo is post workout and early morning for your first meal when your body is a sponge. I used to inject before the gym and have a carb shake with a banana Or something like that but the pumps would be too much. Like it hurt and it hindered my workout. insulin is no joke! People over look it. Easy to pack on pounds too if you wanted too. I’m cutting now so I’m barely injecting. Looking forward to this recomo tho! Will definitely keep everyone posted

Yikes, some of you guys need to be careful. Some of these stories are a bit concerning.

Another question:
I hear so many people recommend keeping gummy bears on hand just in case. My logic would tell me that a sugary drink like something with dextrose or a soda/gatorade would be better for quicker absorption of sugar because gummy bears would take longer to dissolve and digest. But still people swear gummy bears are the best. Thoughts?

Yes you are correct. Any type of food will take longer to digest rather a cup of OJ or any type of sugary drink. So yes a drink would work better

Yes you are correct. Any type of food will take longer to digest rather a cup of OJ or any type of sugary drink. So yes a drink would work better

Glucose tabs and a Coca cola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried insulin for 2 reasons
1 quite frankly im just not big enough yet lol
2 as much as I read and study other people's protocols, i feel my possible ignorance of it may get me in trouble

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Sam & I r paddling the same canoe! I am Xtremely curious about it but would need some1 i trust to walk me through. When i read different protocols it seems simple but i still end up confused/unconfident.

Sam & I r paddling the same canoe! I am Xtremely curious about it but would need some1 i trust to walk me through. When i read different protocols it seems simple but i still end up confused/unconfident.
Hey, we'll always have that secret weapon tho

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Never with Insulin.

I did once while using Metformin and IGF-1 LR3 together.. was in a world of hurt.

Never with Insulin.

I did once while using Metformin and IGF-1 LR3 together.. was in a world of hurt.
​No kidding? I never thought IGF-1 to be THAT powerful when it comes to glucose shuttling. I suppose in conjunction with Metformin that could cause issues. Where did you get the IGF-1? Was it research grade or legit pharma?

Back