• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

By Any Means Necessary

IML Gear Cream!
Still looking good bro! Enjoy your vacation and come back even stronger
+1

Some time for R&R will be a big help. You worked hard Monte maybe it's time for a little deload so you can recover and recharge!

Spend some quality time with the family...that'll do you great!

Going to buy a pair of these combo knee wrap /sleeves from Mark Bell slingshot. I bought a pair of wraps a few weeks ago but they are just a giant pain in the dick. These sleeves have a built in wrap so I'll give them a shot.

Let us know how you like them. I gotta find something new.

Let us know how you like them. I gotta find something new.
I saw them on Iain vallier's Instagram.

He has osgood-schlatters which is a very painful knee issue dealing with the patellar tendon and he was saying good things.

He is also a human fork lift who moves huge amounts of weight and doesn't promote things typically.

Going to order them today and use them next leg day I have em.

Good pull session today.

Gonna try to work the weights back up with the form adjustments I made a few weeks back now that they're hammered into my brain.

Added more variety to training but kept the volume overall the same. These are all movements I feel really well and this session covers the entire back. My second pull session will be more focused on rows and thickness.

One arm pulldow with handle attachment - 135*12/ 10 RP 90*11/7/6

Smith row - 315*10 MR 275*22

Standing Cable Pullovers - 60*12, 40*11

Deadlift - 405*6

Incline db row - 55*15/ 12/ 10

Close grip Ez curl - 70*20/15

Dual cable curl - 60*12/ 10/ 8

Abs

Legs.

Sleeves won't be here till Thursday so I used my regular knee sleeves today. A LOT of tiger balm and a bunch of leg curls to start to warm up the knees.

Didn't take much to put me in the hole today. Mostly one working set on each exercise with a cluster set and rest pause thrown in on hacks and seated leg curls. Kept the tempo slow and cautious. Have some knee pain already but, it's manageable.

Hack with reverse band - 6pps*9, cluster set 3pps 4 sets of 5, last set to failure

Leg press feet close and mid - 4pps*15 (these last four were grinders with the four count eccentrics)

Dead stop stiff leg dead bar mid shin - 315*12

Seated leg curl - 90*20 Rest Pause 90*15/8/3

Calf Raise —180*15/ 13/ 11

Hypers glute focus - 15/ 11/ 10

That's it. Rest up. See how we're feeling and decide the plan going forward.

Legs.

Sleeves won't be here till Thursday so I used my regular knee sleeves today. A LOT of tiger balm and a bunch of leg curls to start to warm up the knees.

Didn't take much to put me in the hole today. Mostly one working set on each exercise with a cluster set and rest pause thrown in on hacks and seated leg curls. Kept the tempo slow and cautious. Have some knee pain already but, it's manageable.

Hack with reverse band - 6pps*9, cluster set 3pps 4 sets of 5, last set to failure

Leg press feet close and mid - 4pps*15 (these last four were grinders with the four count eccentrics)

Dead stop stiff leg dead bar mid shin - 315*12

Seated leg curl - 90*20 Rest Pause 90*15/8/3

Calf Raise —180*15/ 13/ 11

Hypers glute focus - 15/ 11/ 10

That's it. Rest up. See how we're feeling and decide the plan going forward.

Monte did you already tried TB-500 and BPC-157? I also got some chronic patella tendonitis going on for almost a year. After a lot a fysio treatments, mobility work, quality knee sleeves, tb500 & bpc, proper warmups it’s going very well... but i have to be very smart with exercise selection and loading. One small mistake during a workout can cause severe knee pain for weeks.

Monte did you already tried TB-500 and BPC-157? I also got some chronic patella tendonitis going on for almost a year. After a lot a fysio treatments, mobility work, quality knee sleeves, tb500 & bpc, proper warmups it’s going very well... but i have to be very smart with exercise selection and loading. One small mistake during a workout can cause severe knee pain for weeks.
I did about six months ago and didn't have any improvements. It worked well for my shoulder but didn't do much for the knee.

I might be at the point I have to try some bigger doses though. Was just hopeful that the time off would have done enough.

Did you visit a fysio? Man i know knees are a pain in the ass. I also took some time off and it did absolutely zero...

I did about six months ago and didn't have any improvements. It worked well for my shoulder but didn't do much for the knee.

I might be at the point I have to try some bigger doses though. Was just hopeful that the time off would have done enough.

You remember when I had bad tendinitis in both knees. I feel like knee sleeves and Deca did the job for me. I also got away from certain movements for awhile and that helped. I think going through prep last time with having to lower the weights and my weight drop helped as well. This past offseason has been awesome since I had zero knee issues. The tendons can lag behind with leg growth and that’s when the tendinitis sets in. Slowing down the negatives and not bouncing out of the whole I think helped me as well. I know you don’t do that but I see many others that do!

You remember when I had bad tendinitis in both knees. I feel like knee sleeves and Deca did the job for me. I also got away from certain movements for awhile and that helped. I think going through prep last time with having to lower the weights and my weight drop helped as well. This past offseason has been awesome since I had zero knee issues. The tendons can lag behind with leg growth and that’s when the tendinitis sets in. Slowing down the negatives and not bouncing out of the whole I think helped me as well. I know you don’t do that but I see many others that do!
Yeah I've been wearing the sleeves for a long time. Deca hasn't helped.

I am tempted to start putting my wedges back into my metcons to elevate my heel a bit again. It's counterintuitive but, I don't remember having the issue when I was using them.

The wedge will force the knee to travel ahead of the line of movement more which should load the quad more which will put more load on the ball of the foot which should put more sheering force on the knee but I just don't recall having that issue.

I did get my sleeves today. They're longer then my old ones and pretty snug in a 2x. Well loosen up some though I'm sure.

Get Shredded!
Push.

Close grip machine press - 360*9 270*10
Incline db - 110*10 90*11
Cuff lateral - 28*15/ 13/ 11/ 10
Reverse pec deck - 50kg*15/ 14/ 12/ 10
Seated cable press - RP 200*11/ 6/ 4
Tricep press down - 5 sets to failure @ 60

Little short on time today so I didn't do any pressing for delts and cut the tricep work short. Will adjust this next rotation.

Will slowly increase the intensity techniques over the next few weeks instead of throwing them all in at the beginning because strength increases will be enough to start putting some size back on. Planning this training block to last a little longer then usual so it'll be more gradual.

Pull day, lots of rows.

Hammer Row - 4pps*11, 3*13, CS (4*5 5 Deep breaths between sets) 3*17
Preacher Curl - 90*13/11/10/9
Cybex Row - 210*11, 190*13, CS 130*18
Cross body cable row - 50*13/ 11
Db curls - 35*12/ 11/ 11/ 9
Deads - 405*8(+2)
Dual cable curls - 50*11/ 9/ 8

Deads felt better. I guess if you actually do them, they get better lol. Working up to the top of the rep range here then I'll increase the weight. Not going to increase any volume here since the plan is to do them every pull day which is every 5/6th day. I'll be pulling rdl's as well so no need to get to crazy.

Pull day, lots of rows.

Hammer Row - 4pps*11, 3*13, CS (4*5 5 Deep breaths between sets) 3*17
Preacher Curl - 90*13/11/10/9
Cybex Row - 210*11, 190*13, CS 130*18
Cross body cable row - 50*13/ 11
Db curls - 35*12/ 11/ 11/ 9
Deads - 405*8(+2)
Dual cable curls - 50*11/ 9/ 8

Deads felt better. I guess if you actually do them, they get better lol. Working up to the top of the rep range here then I'll increase the weight. Not going to increase any volume here since the plan is to do them every pull day which is every 5/6th day. I'll be pulling rdl's as well so no need to get to crazy.

Nice Deads !! Good poundage/reps. Sounds like your getting strong . Deads are the one exercise I have to have perfect form. (They scare me from past, tiny errors and boom , I am hurtin for certain. Luckily I’ve been strict. Keep up the hard work Monte

Max

Nice Deads !! Good poundage/reps. Sounds like your getting strong . Deads are the one exercise I have to have perfect form. (They scare me from past, tiny errors and boom , I am hurtin for certain. Luckily I’ve been strict. Keep up the hard work Monte

Max
It's getting better. Two more reps then the previous session is a win so, I've still got a lot of improvement here that will come quickly

Legs

Tried the new power sleeves out. I like em. They're longer then my old sleeves so they bunch up during sets and I have to pull them back up a bit every second or third set but, the wrap attachment is fantastic. I can get about three wraps with it and it sits right below the knee cap which is where it's needed.

Order was a bit off today but it was solid and painful. Super slow eccentrics as the plan has been since coming back.

Leg press - 6pps*20 CS 4PPS*20
Hatfield squat - 315*15, 315*12
Seated leg press - 210*18, CS 210*21
Lying leg curl - 80kg*13, 80*10
GHR - 5 sets to failure

Good to here you like the sleeves!

I like those Hatfield squats, it’s a long while ago i did them! Maybe i have to introduce them back into my workouts again, really good one for quads.

Good to here you like the sleeves!

I like those Hatfield squats, it’s a long while ago i did them! Maybe i have to introduce them back into my workouts again, really good one for quads.
It's the only bar squat I do anymore.

I can load more weight and focus more tension where I want it so, I don't see any reason to do other variations.

It's the only bar squat I do anymore.

I can load more weight and focus more tension where I want it so, I don't see any reason to do other variations.

100% agree about the tensions, i also like it because my lower back isn’t the limiting factor. Makes it a really nice free weight squat variation. One you rarely see weird enough... but one of the better ones!

Off today. Got about four hours of sleep last night, worked till 430 this morning, woke up at 930 to have some hearing and vision stuff done for work then started on some yard work I needed to do since we got back from vacation.

Weight is up around 250 but it's a better 250 then when I got home from Florida. Tighter, fuller, feeling better overall.

Here is the current diet.

Training days -

1- pre
50g Whey
2 Packs oats

2- post
16oz egg Whites
90g cream of rice

3 -
220g chicken breast
250g Jasmine rice

4 -
Same as 3

5 -
220g 90/10 beef
250g Jasmine

6 -
Same as 5

Off days -

1-
50g Whey
1 pack oats

2 -
16oz egg Whites
1 pack oats

3 -
220g chicken breast
150g Jasmine

4 -
Same as 3

5 -
220g 90/10
100g Jasmine

6 -
50g Whey
2tbsp natural pb

Dunno calories, they're not very high. Doesn't really matter since the scale is creeping up as I like it to do.

Fats are very low but, I'm holding them back for a bit. Insulin sensitivity is very good atm so I'm just going to keep pushing the carbs up as needed to keep the scale moving. When I start to see the body fat increasing, fats will go up, carbs will go down a bit and try to balance the teeter totter.

Food will get up to obnoxious amounts eventually. I've got bagels, muffins, cereals, intra drink that are still too go in when that is the case.

Off today. Got about four hours of sleep last night, worked till 430 this morning, woke up at 930 to have some hearing and vision stuff done for work then started on some yard work I needed to do since we got back from vacation.

Weight is up around 250 but it's a better 250 then when I got home from Florida. Tighter, fuller, feeling better overall.

Here is the current diet.

Training days -

1- pre
50g Whey
2 Packs oats

2- post
16oz egg Whites
90g cream of rice

3 -
220g chicken breast
250g Jasmine rice

4 -
Same as 3

5 -
220g 90/10 beef
250g Jasmine

6 -
Same as 5

Off days -

1-
50g Whey
1 pack oats

2 -
16oz egg Whites
1 pack oats

3 -
220g chicken breast
150g Jasmine

4 -
Same as 3

5 -
220g 90/10
100g Jasmine

6 -
50g Whey
2tbsp natural pb

Dunno calories, they're not very high. Doesn't really matter since the scale is creeping up as I like it to do.

Fats are very low but, I'm holding them back for a bit. Insulin sensitivity is very good atm so I'm just going to keep pushing the carbs up as needed to keep the scale moving. When I start to see the body fat increasing, fats will go up, carbs will go down a bit and try to balance the teeter totter.

Food will get up to obnoxious amounts eventually. I've got bagels, muffins, cereals, intra drink that are still too go in when that is the case.

I’ll take meal 5! Lol. Nice schedule!

Max
#beef

IML Gear Cream!
Pics from this morning out of bed. 252lbs. Let's start the push.
a592c7ab8e6655833c99bb131fddbdb2.jpg
c7ee7a38f773b7d9d0d0279260223dfc.jpg
116a2d036f3d969d08bd466e251a33ce.jpg

Push. Little change in the set up. Added in JM press on the cybex chest press, they torched my triceps.

Incline Smith - 315*9(-1) 275*15 (+1) RP 225*11(+1)/5/3
Hammer shoulder press - 270*11(+3) 230*13(+2)
JM Press - 150*10, 150*11, CS 130*22
Decline machine press - 110kg*9(-1) 100*9, MR 75KG*22
Latetal ss Press down - 50(+10-3)*14, 77*15/ 50*12, 77*12 / 40*12, 77*11, CS 35*25, MR 60*23
Preacher Shrug - 180*20, 15, Drop set 180*12/135*15/90*20
Dip machine - 180*23, 15

Pretty high volume this session. Will see how recovery is but, chest is cramping already.

Pull -

1 arm pull-down with handle - 160(+25)*11(-1), 135*13(+3), RP Both arms 180*13(+2)/9(+2)/7(+1)

Smith Row - 315*12(+3), MR 275*24(+2)

Cable Pullovers - 60*13(+2), 60*11(+2)

DB Incline Row - 70(+15)*10(-5), 65(+10)*11(-1), 60(+10)*10(+1)

Deadlift - 405*9(+3 from this day last time, +1 from last pull day, had more in the tank but continuing the slow journey)

Cable Ez curl close grip - 70*13, 11, 60*13, 10

Dual cable curls - 50(+10)*11, 10, 45*10, 9

Hanging knee raise (these doubled as my loaded stretch) - 15, 15, 12, 12, 12

Off today.

Metabolism is cranking hard. I added a few hundred grams of fruit on top of my typical training day from pineapple and cantaloupe. Fruit is something I really crave at times which is great since it's not cookies lol. I am conscious though that it might be from a vitamin and mineral deficiency given my foods I use. Either way, it's a good option.

Woke up a half pound lighter this morning with only a third of my regular sleep so, a clear sign that the body is churning.

I'll continue to adjust the carbs up slowly unless the weight just plummets in which case I'll get a bit more aggressive.

Tomorrow is leg day, already getting the training jitters.

Off today.

Metabolism is cranking hard. I added a few hundred grams of fruit on top of my typical training day from pineapple and cantaloupe. Fruit is something I really crave at times which is great since it's not cookies lol. I am conscious though that it might be from a vitamin and mineral deficiency given my foods I use. Either way, it's a good option.

Woke up a half pound lighter this morning with only a third of my regular sleep so, a clear sign that the body is churning.

I'll continue to adjust the carbs up slowly unless the weight just plummets in which case I'll get a bit more aggressive.

Tomorrow is leg day, already getting the training jitters.

Do you believe that fruit carbs only go to the fatty lobe on liver? ie, they won't be stored as fat any where else? Provided you eat enough fruit that is. I've often wondered about those claims.

Do you believe that fruit carbs only go to the fatty lobe on liver? ie, they won't be stored as fat any where else? Provided you eat enough fruit that is. I've often wondered about those claims.
No.

I don't see how the body could take a carb source and store it primarily in one given area, even given the way fructose works with the liver and body compared to other sources.

I do believe that fruit can be very useful at certain times with certain individuals though. I've seen, and have heard from plenty of smarter coaches then myself, that using fruit during the post training window has a better stimulus on insulin when added to typical carb sources then just the normal types of carbs alone. This is also because of the way that fructose works in the body as far as how it impacts insulin release and isn't as driven to be stored as glucose.

Gonna go broke if I keep eating filets and ribeyes every night but, they're tasting so good it's hard to pass up. Think this is four or five days in a row with a prime steak.

220g filet
250g roasted potato
Big salad with ranch
58c9bb65d4bf0324d452557bba48b027.jpg

Hell yeah, living the good life. What's your calorie intake right now?

Gonna go broke if I keep eating filets and ribeyes every night but, they're tasting so good it's hard to pass up. Think this is four or five days in a row with a prime steak.

220g filet
250g roasted potato
Big salad with ranch

Haha looks familiar, for me eats also steak or salmon & rice or roasted potato for the last few weeks loving a protein source with a little bit more fats in it as a last meal!

220g filet
250g roasted potato
Big salad with ranch

Delicious !!

Max

Back