• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

By Any Means Necessary

Get Shredded!
Wish you a speedy recovery from whatever u caught. Time heals all....! You have such intensity that I am sure your body will appreciate it. May gain weight !

Max

Crushed legs today. The tempo training is fucking brutal as usual and I'm really enjoying not putting a million plates on every exercise lol.

From last session, Weights went up, reps went up, tempo was perfect, intensity was crazy and I was sweating pretty good which isn't typical for me.

I didn't add intensity technique volume this session again since the new stimulus will carry me a bit and I'll have it in my bank pocket when weights gets crazy again.
19fef1b0994e21a396d56f864845bced.jpg

Push.

Fuck you Incline Smith.... Top set hasn't improved in a couple weeks but my backoff and cluster sets improved.

Switched out the jm press for a close grip machine press using a Pulldown bar between the handles. Good variation I used to use a lot.

Switched out Incline DB fly for Pec deck. I've started to get some tenderness in my left shoulder since I started the DB fly so I pulled em.

Great session.
04b9a66f8cd67172cdeec3d11e50ea4f.jpg

Pull day.

Went in after work. I'm on a set schedule for a bit, not sure for how long, 5am - 5pm. I do not like training after work but, I'll have to from time to time with my schedule.

I could definitely feel the loss of energy but, powered through.

Finally got to do deads. Meh, partials suffered but the working set went up in weight, down in reps. Stopped a couple reps early because I felt like my lats were gonna tear.... Strange feeling.

Pulled out the cybex row since I've maxed it out in weight and reps. Subbed in One arm Bb rows which hit extra hard today.

Threw random bicep super sets at the arms to make it faster but they were hurting.
403b62f9abde86eb161b3900c8c39c46.jpg

Took a couple days off.

Today was our neighborhood yardsale. I got my mom to come over and sell some stuff. She's a borderline hoarder but, it's all new stuff, not trash and such. Just a ton of things she's bought and never used.

They started at 7am, I got off work early so I was here by ten. She made $450. After my dad passed this year she's had to adjust to her new income so, this will help her a ton.

My next training day will be legs so hoping tomorrow I'm off early so I can go crush it.

Monday is my second jab for the vaccine so I'll train push Monday and pull Tuesday unless the shot has me down Tuesday.

Finally got to train today. Stupid work.

That sore throat funk stuff I had is still lingering a bit. No fever or anything just sore throat and a little tired.

Was supposed to get my second Jab of the vaccine today but they had to reschedule me for the 23rd.

Trained legs today. Re ordered my exercises (it's on the left) to try and fatigue a bit and pull some weight off my heavy top sets on hack. I still beat my previous numbers but I assume I would have blown by them if I didn't re order. Knee feels decent today after training so that's good.

Weight has dropped 5-7lbs this week. Not sure what's going on there but I'm at 251 in the morning after I was hovering between 256-258. I dunno if it's work, maybe this sore throat, or something else but, food hasn't decreased and timing has actually gotten better with a regular schedule, haven't trained in a few days so no really energy output. I've been getting 7-8 hours of good sleep every night as well.

We continue to roll.
0fe19fa8705f0e92c70d0e9768775e72.jpg

Running a low grade fever so no training today. Sleep and water time. This was an hour after some Tylenol and ibuprofen so it was probably higher.
a54917a026a1adad8a0c569bedd60970.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
Aaaaaaand were back.

Last training day was the 21st and I've taken off since then.

Had the cold or whatever I finally kicked as of yesterday it seems.

Got my second vaccine injection Tuesday (have to for work) and the wife and I went out of town the same day for the night. Saw a hockey game, I know shit about hockey but it's the second time we've seen a game live and it's the best sport in person imo. Lots of action and very fast. Just sucks that the closest place is 3 hours away.

Didn't have any side effects from the second jab Wednesday or Thursday. I guess being sick leading up to it helped? Dunno.

Thanksgiving was good. A bit rough since it's the first year without my dad but, we had some good memories and laughs despite the void he left.

I ate a shit ton..... Today I was sluggish going into work but, got work done early and trained push. Not bad. No progress today but it felt good to be pretty normal again in the gym. I'm sure things will pick back up after I'm going more regularly compared to the last couple weeks fighting the bug.

I'll be getting bloodwork pulled here soon. Need to look at the time line and see when I can get in to get them done. I'm 4 weeks in so another week will be 5 weeks and plenty of time to pull.

Good to see you back in action...yes the jab can make you feel run down and I've had that happen after each of mine.

Sorry about the loss of your dad and cherish his memory always!

Legs.

Good day. Still hard focusing on the 4 count eccentrics as I've been the last couple months. My knees are thanking me for that too. Also, exercise order will stick here so I'm not maxing out the hack every time... For now at least.

Weight is up around 260 and holding. A bit watery since I haven't been training like usual but, it'll go away over time. The lower volume has been doing good things for my joints and it's time to start putting some intensifiers back in on leg days and an extra on back day. This itself will tighten me up more. Getting tighter, losing body fat, increasing strength, there's opportunity all over the place to do so, not just diet and cardio but, training as well.
2dd9e189356e5aec9f51f59771f6a2f5.jpg

Push yesterday.

Back to where I was before the bug hit me it seems. Pretty good session all around.

I adjusted pulley height on the side laterals with cuffs so it's a couple notches lower. Really killed the strength curve here but, the delt was blown up.

Now that I'm back strength wise I'll be putting some of the clusters and muscle rounds back in like I mentioned last update.
d611a2ca0b9e0278ebf4141537afd23f.jpg

Pull day.

HI Rows are now my arch rival. They're one exercise, along with Incline Smith press, that lights me up and I have a hard time progressing strength on so, they're perfect.

Worked a full day and went to train after. I've said it a million times, I hate training after work since I'm fatigued and, it's 5ish so the gym is packed with high school kids and chick's doing hip thrusts in the deadlift area. It's been WEEKS since I've been able to pull from the floor but rack deads are fine for the time being.

Put in 1 arm cable Pulldowns. They hurt. I'll keep em.

Although I feel run down training after work, I look fucking stupid after a full day of eating and water. Blasting full and the pumps are painful.

23fd8b583c0e431fe3f4b344676d0783.jpg

Hang in there Brother...we all have crapp days..ups with the dreaded downs..God knows I've had some bad ones,maybe 4 close calls in the last 2 yrs...but you just get up the next day and start over..Again..again again..

It can't rain everyday..
Z...

Update leg pics.

Better this week since I'm back to full speed. Left quad seems to be getting back to normal size. Hamstrings have gotten thicker.

Work never stops.
731b137b9fb9de99876732544e672873.jpg
d01bfacdaf3f2bbe8fc7ad9e74062832.jpg
3997c176e9939bf3e400c650b6bee7c3.jpg
b56155ccf2e5888f1ef770492f241cce.jpg

Update leg pics.

Better this week since I'm back to full speed. Left quad seems to be getting back to normal size. Hamstrings have gotten thicker.

Work never stops.
731b137b9fb9de99876732544e672873.jpg
d01bfacdaf3f2bbe8fc7ad9e74062832.jpg
3997c176e9939bf3e400c650b6bee7c3.jpg
b56155ccf2e5888f1ef770492f241cce.jpg

Now those quads(legs) seem like they may have grown 40% from starting out !

Kicking Ass!

Max

Get Shredded!
My friend you have some massive legs :twothumbs: what size blue jeans do you have to buy for those tree trunks?

They're improving slowly. Anther few months before I decided on a prep so we're gonna squeeze this lemon dry.

You guys hit the right hypertrophic pathway together so, keep it up! That is a massive improvement! I definitely have been a long time friend and watch him physically workout , he leaves nothing on the table when he’s done .
I love training legs and back ! They are so large and complex . Proud of you two : Monte & Sam are on Fire

Max

Have nothing but respect for you Brother..and much love.. I am a straight shooter and expect the same..
Those calves are falling behind..and I'm betting those long legs don't help..they look the same size as your forearms but next to those thighs...they are shadowed..bigg ass thighs..

Please don't take that wrong..Dude you are the Man..
How's the family..??
A lot of support has to come from them..
Hell without my girl... I know where I would be...

Have nothing but respect for you Brother..and much love.. I am a straight shooter and expect the same..
Those calves are falling behind..and I'm betting those long legs don't help..they look the same size as your forearms but next to those thighs...they are shadowed..bigg ass thighs..
Please don't take that wrong..Dude you are the Man..
How's the family..??
A lot of support has to come from them..
Hell without my girl... I know where I would be...
Yeah calves are definitely behind. I've always had trouble growing them no matter what I did but, recently I've neglected them as well.

Family is good. They don't really support or don't support me. They just know this is what I do lol.

My wife understands though and she never gives me shit for training or eating the same stuff or anything. That's a blessing many don't have.

Push.

Good session

Gained a rep on Incline Smith, 3 more to go before I bump the weight been a battle with this motherfucker but I'll win.

This set of exercises has been doing pretty well the last few weeks so I'll keep them in longer. I Janey) haven't really done any loading sets for shoulder press and I can't say I notice much difference in front delt size. They're ahead anyways so this was planned. The comparison I'll post below is a week or so post show to my most recent update pics from a week ago. About 25lbs heavier on the right.
60da2699c5bc3c08305a99d7b5ccbe28.jpg
14b4aae38be48856021c954e51310af5.jpg

Man I love the smith machine for chest..just lay back and push..perfect for mind muscle synching..
You know this more than most..,some muscles just refuse to grow.. I know you'll figure it out...but Hell the rest is Badass..

How's my boy..??

Glad you have that understanding with your wife..mine will have to take up the slack when I start turning it up next month..plus the favorite month to workout..January..
You're an inspiration for all..Brother

Back