• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

By Any Means Necessary

IML Gear Cream!
Wanna shout out @killabe

We're coming to knock some heads off next weekend. Seven more days to come in even sharper.
99b1ec06ba95c0fdd6e99b24d8d1537f.jpg

b5690a7a21e38e647f3718d2a1061ca5.jpg

Looking sick bro!!

Looking great! [mention]killabe [/mention]going to kill it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice back Killabe! Good luck man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How you feeling today Monte? Hope that was a strain rather than something else more serious.

Also good luck @Killabe...go get that hardware!!!!

Holy shit looking crazy

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

What up ASF Family I just saw these posts! Thank you Monte for believing in my potential and giving me some valuable directions. You’re a Mad Scientist who’s two favorite ingredients are Maximum Effort and COMMON SENSE.

Thanks to all the fellas who are rooting for me and helped me with advice along the way. I’m not on here much anymore but this forum is priceless for anyone even thinking about competing. You just have to know where to look and who to pay attention to here. I really appreciate the kind words and support @46 years old about to compete against hopefully some strong competition I’m very excited and focused. Monte we’re going to hurt some feelings next week. Let’s get it!

Haven't said anything about my back..... No good.

Have a slight bulge in the L5-S1. Not so much where I need surgery yet but, it's enough to fuck things up.

Went to pt today and did some decompression and such. Two more sessions this week and no telling how long it'll take to be able to train again.

Good thing is i have an inversion table at home which I can use to help.

Pretty awesome...

Have a slight bulge in the L5-S1. Not so much where I need surgery yet but, it's enough to fuck things up.

Went to pt today and did some decompression and such. Two more sessions this week and no telling how long it'll take to be able to train again.

Pretty awesome...

Fuck man. I have a bulge between L5 and S1 too, that's what makes my sciatic hurt all the time and I have to be careful with squats and SLDLs in particular because it'll cause me to slip the disc again and lays me up for a couple weeks.

It should get a better with time so you can work around it. You have the strength around it to support it already, so that will help a ton. The inversion table should help too.

FYI, stay away from gabapentin unless you're in so much pain you absolutely need it. They'll try to push it on you and although it does work, it comes with some nasty side effects. Suicidal thoughts and dissociative reality disorder being the real fun ones. When I hurt my back really bad the last time I couldn't sleep because the nerve was pinching all night, so they out me on gabapentin. After about a month I started getting random bouts of feeling like reality was getting in front of me and I couldn't keep up with it (really fucking scary while driving). Turns out it was the GBP causing the beginning of dissociative reality disorder. I stopped it immediately, and it took almost 2 months to go away. Bad shit.

Pretty awesome...

Damn it, sorry to hear that. Definitely will be praying for a speedy recovery coach!

Really sorry to hear about your back Bro. Hang tough man, you'll be back to beast mode!!!

Damn...one setback after another Monte it seems. Hope you can overcome this latest one without derailing all this.

Fuck man. I have a bulge between L5 and S1 too, that's what makes my sciatic hurt all the time and I have to be careful with squats and SLDLs in particular because it'll cause me to slip the disc again and lays me up for a couple weeks.

It should get a better with time so you can work around it. You have the strength around it to support it already, so that will help a ton. The inversion table should help too.

FYI, stay away from gabapentin unless you're in so much pain you absolutely need it. They'll try to push it on you and although it does work, it comes with some nasty side effects. Suicidal thoughts and dissociative reality disorder being the real fun ones. When I hurt my back really bad the last time I couldn't sleep because the nerve was pinching all night, so they out me on gabapentin. After about a month I started getting random bouts of feeling like reality was getting in front of me and I couldn't keep up with it (really fucking scary while driving). Turns out it was the GBP causing the beginning of dissociative reality disorder. I stopped it immediately, and it took almost 2 months to go away. Bad shit.
Rough news with the back, good luck man. GC's quote caught my eye when I saw the Gabapentin. When I was in rehab years back they loaded us up with gaba to help with withdrawals.. kept me on it for several months..I felt good, somewhat euphoric but then all of a sudden one day I woke up and was so damn depressed and suicidal which I had never felt in my entire life, even through the downs of alcohol and drug abuse, I was never suicidal until that one day which was 7 months into sobriety. The only meds I was on was gaba. I stopped and I never felt that way again. It scared the shit out of me. I can't prove that it was a direct result of the gaba, but after researching more, I found others who had similar reactions. Just a story for ya. Heal up soon.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Three pt sessions this week.

Feeling better but still in some pain. The numbness has almost gone away and the pain isn't radiating as far down my leg.

Still no pain meds. I'm an addict. No good for me.

@killabe finished up earlier at his show and took third in masters classic. Very proud of his hard work and drive though this prep.

We brought a fuller look and sacrificed some conditioning in hopes of his legs not completely going away. From the pics I've seen he was very close condition wise to the field, if not just as conditioned but, his legs knocked him down a bit.

We know what needs work though and will come back better!

Great first showing!

Awesome killabe! Hope he got a good meal after

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Still recovering over here.

I put working with dusty on hold for a bit. Between the injury and a work issue, I thought it best to pause that expense for a while.

Being a lush. Laying around. Not really eating on plan fully. I've had plenty of treats.

I put working with dusty on hold for a bit. Between the injury and a work issue, I thought it best to pause that expense for a while.

Being a lush. Laying around. Not really eating on plan fully. I've had plenty of treats.

You gonna turn into a fatty lmao. In all seriousness get well!

You deserve a little break while you recover

Picked up some pink dumbells today. Literally pink dumbbells at the pt appointment.

Back actually feels almost fully recovered even though I know it's not.

There's a slight bit of "pressure" in the lower back, not sure how else to describe it.

I have a little less RoM right now from being so sedintary as well.

Next week we'll test out some more. Hopefully I'll be cleared to do cardio and some type of training.

Holy moly. The vet prescribed 800mgs gbp a day for my dog as an anti inflammation/pain reliever

Feeling pretty good.

Back to work. Little cardio has been going on.

Picked up some light weights at the gym the other day to move some blood, did some band stuff, stretching a ton, lots of inversion table.

PT Wednesday and see how much I can push.

I know you can’t wait to get back into it full swing.

IML Gear Cream!
Nothing can hold Monte down lol.

Still been easing back into the training. Just taking it slow since I'm really in no rush.

Tomorrow I'll see about getting some new starting point pics. Haven't did slid completely into oblivion yet.

Feeling pretty good.

Back to work. Little cardio has been going on.

Picked up some light weights at the gym the other day to move some blood, did some band stuff, stretching a ton, lots of inversion table.

PT Wednesday and see how much I can push.

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer! I’m sure you are itching to get back!

Current pics. Hovering between 240-245. Not ideal but, considering the last month, I'm ok with the current shape.
6c51184ca75574c5cb83493c9b41570a.jpg
96e410980c0124791b0fac1b66349b83.jpg

Man that didn’t faze you at all! Looking good!!

You can keep a little tissue if you're unable to train if you're 98% perfect with diet.

No excuses.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Injury? Been out of the loop.
Hope all is well with you my man!!

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

Back