• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

By Any Means Necessary

Get Shredded!
Injury? Been out of the loop.
Hope all is well with you my man!!

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk
Back on October 9th my dog ran under me going down the stairs and I took a pretty good fall. Had a bulging L5-S1.

Been doing multiple PT sessions every week. Finally cleared to do regular cardio this past week and very very light training.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Back on October 9th my dog ran under me going down the stairs and I took a pretty good fall. Had a bulging L5-S1.

Been doing multiple PT sessions every week. Finally cleared to do regular cardio this past week and very very light training.

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Mans best friend taking you out of what you love so much. Irony...go figure.

I am going to PM you about coaching.

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

Trained legs a bit Yday.

Really reserved. Really hard focus on muscle connection. Weights were very light and I mostly used stuff that wouldn't put pressure on the lower back.

Leg press high feet. I used one of those yoga mats here. Folded it up a couple times and put it in the space between the butt pad and the back pad with most of it on the back pad. I do this a lot when I do a high wide press and it helps keep your hips against something so they're not pulling up.

Standing leg curl

Adductors

Seated leg press machine single leg. This machine is very much like a chair so little to no pressure on the lower back.

Dead stop skull crushers with a cable

Seated calf press

Feeling good today. No pain. Little bit stiff as expected but, some stretching worked it out just fine.

On to the next one.

Picked up a tens unit.

Will use it for my back but, I mainly got it to reset the nerves in my left quad. With my knee issues over the last year or so, that quad doesn't want to fire and it's lagging behind the other a bit.

Hooked up to it today and it took about four minutes for that quad to fire like my right one. It didn't fire at all to start then slowly got better and better. Pretty cool to see it happening without doing anything but sitting there waiting. I'll continue this daily and see if I notice a difference in the quad contacting over the next few sessions.

Trained upper today.

Back felt fine but I'm moving bikini girl weights still. Just getting a good pump and trying to stave off large amounts of muscle loss.

Cybex dual axis row 3 sets
Assisted pull-up 3 sets
Seated dip machine 3 sets
Pin selector shoulder press 1 set
Laterals 2 sets
Cable extension ss db curl 3 sets

I had backed my aas down when the injury happened but, bumped it back up since I got the yellow light on training. 400mg test for now.

I go back to see the pt tomorrow and hopefully get the go ahead to push more. Itching.

Pt said we could keep pushing as long as I'm pain free.

Train legs today.

Hacks
SLDL (very light)
Split squats
Adductor and Abductor
Hypers

Now it's the most relaxing but annoying part of the day. It's all good till the muscle seizes up lol.
71b48f75f0cd2f8a58377a6f406a5d4b.jpg

Keep your head up bro. I know what it’s like to get injured. Got in a motorcycle accident during prep for a business photo shoot while in peak condition. Took about 6 months to get right. You will be back in no time. Maybe even better.

Rest today.

Tomorrow is an upper day. We'll see what we're working with.... Might push it a tad.

Ooook.

Switched up training today to see what I can push more. No back on this particular upper day but, I'll add it back in eventually. Just testing pressure of heavy pressing.

Surprised strength hasn't went down much... Actually went up on incline since injury .

Incline Smith - 365*7, 315*9
Cable fly - 190*18 drop 120*15
Star shoulder press - 450*7, 360*11
Db lateral - 40*15, 35*15
Ez bar front raise - 60*15, 12

That was it. Didn't have any issues, no pain during training. We'll see how the afternoon goes

Back Yday.

Felt good to break a little bit of the mental barrier down. Not crazy but things felt very light and no pain Yday or today.

Lat pull down machine - 3 sets of 15 (warm up)
Bb row - 225*12, 12, 12
Rack pull - 315*12, 12, 12
Straight arm push down - 60*15, 15, 15

Bicep bs

Light weights felt very good. No issues at all so we throw the kitchen sink at it next time.

Hope everyone has a great day with family and friends.

IML Gear Cream!
Training is going pretty darn good.

Lower loading was nice. Put 405 on my back for a few sets of Hatfield squats, some seated leg press and lying hamstring curls.

Upper Muscle Rounds went well. Lots of variety to failure, hammer row, bw Pull-ups, machine pull ups, shrugs, flat machine press, reverse machine shoulder press. Beat some prs.

Weight holding around 247-250 in the morning but I feel/look tighter and fuller then my last go at this weight coming up. Haven't been taking pictures yet since I'm still working back into things.

Moving in the right direction finally.

Food has changed cracked a molar on Thanksgiving at work that had been giving me issues while I was eating almonds. Been blending two chicken and rice shakes a day, bananas and oranges instead of larger amounts of rice and potato, one whey shake with cream of rice mixed in. Just trying to not fuck the tooth all to pieces and deal with that pain until I can see a dentist this coming week.

Thanksgiving was uneventful. I worked. The wife and I ordered food since the oldest kids were at boyfriend girls friend house, middle daughter at her moms and youngest at her dads. My moms been in and out of the hospital with a disease that isn't letting her produce blood or iron so, I've been taking care of my dad and their stuff when I'm not working. So it was a night in and early bed time

Back to the grind. Got lean tissue to grow.

Good session on lower muscle rounds. Time to gain some ground.

These exercise groups were from a few weeks before injury and then I switched to others so, first time coming around to these in a bit. Beat previous ranges

High close lp - 14+50*24(+1)
Mid wide lp - 10+50*24(+1)
Machine split squat - 80(+10)*23
Lying leg curl - 75kg(+5)*24
Smith single sldl - 135*23
Jm press on machine - 90kg*24
Dual cable curls - 50*25(+1)

Legs are fried. Hams are cramping up randomly so damage was done.

Tried to get pics post training but couldn't hold still or hit a pose.

Good session on lower muscle rounds. Time to gain some ground.

These exercise groups were from a few weeks before injury and then I switched to others so, first time coming around to these in a bit. Beat previous ranges

High close lp - 14+50*24(+1)
Mid wide lp - 10+50*24(+1)
Machine split squat - 80(+10)*23
Lying leg curl - 75kg(+5)*24
Smith single sldl - 135*23
Jm press on machine - 90kg*24
Dual cable curls - 50*25(+1)

Legs are fried. Hams are cramping up randomly so damage was done.

Tried to get pics post training but couldn't hold still or hit a pose.

Nice work! Glad to see you back at it. Now for some gains!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooth that was cracked got pulled.

Fuck that was a terrible feeling. Protein shakes today.
fb345cb3b9546728b643ee43cdfc1389.jpg
Ouch! Reminds me when I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled out at 20...the hurt was soooo bad. Heal up and get shit done :)

Ouch! Reminds me when I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled out at 20...the hurt was soooo bad. Heal up and get shit done :)
Did they put you out?

I asked about sedation but they couldn't do it today and I would have had to come back.

Got a bone graph so I'll have an implant put in eventually.

Did they put you out?

I asked about sedation but they couldn't do it today and I would have had to come back.

Do you have gum disease or something? I’ve had a tooth pulled with no sedation, it took the rest of the day to feel my face again lol

Do you have gum disease or something? I’ve had a tooth pulled with no sedation, it took the rest of the day to feel my face again lol

I don't. I dunno how it ended up cracking. It had been hurting for a few days before the almond cracked it.

Yeah my face is back normal now. The pain is starting to creep in a bit lol.

I don't. I dunno how it ended up cracking. It had been hurting for a few days before the almond cracked it.

Yeah my face is back normal now. The pain is starting to creep in a bit lol.

Yeah remember the pain, it was pretty uncomfortable, eat some Tylenol brother!!

Did they put you out?

Not really totally out just some shots of novocaine were all I had. Then later a wall of pain that took a lot of tylenol to dull so I could sleep. Took nearly a week for the pain to go away.

Was like 19 years old then.

Last edited:
Upper loading today. Feeling good. Strained my right pec a tad bit I'm sure it's all good.

Cybex row - 230(+20)*12, 10
Dead stop Bb row - 225*12, 10
Hammer dip - 410(+50)*9(-3), 8(+1)
Seated machine fly - 110*12, 9
Db lateral - 40*15, 12
Ez bar front raise DC - 70*12/6/3
DB Shrug - 80x25, 20, 18

Look at the good news... the tooth fairy is on her way.

Maybe a $20 bill under the pillow lol

Off today

This cold weather fucks with me so much these past couple years for some reason.

I'm constantly tight and stiff all day at work no matter what I do to the point I'm nervous about a fucking muscle tear again. I work outside so I bundle up to keep warm and then I guess I start sweating during the shift even though I'm still cold. I'm pounding water, probably 2 gallons a day on cold days which is a chore to keep up with, but it still feels like I'm not fully hydrated.

At night it's cold in our room then the heat kicks on and I'm soaking the bed with sweat, very similar to night sweats without the tren and a low dose of npp.

Still keeping the calcium and Magnesium 3x a day but I might increase my morning dose for a bit.

My weight is swinging 8-10lbs from the time I go to bed to the time I wake up for reference on how much water I'm flushing over night.

There's so much it could be and I'll just have to start going down the list. Increasing minerals first. Then I'll try to add in some coconut water 2x a day instead of once. After that I'll add in more carbs. Then it'll be V8 juice a few times a day.

Anyways, just gonna keep conscious of it and thought I would give a little insight on how I try to work though issues in my head.

Tomorrow is lower loading with hacks so, it'll be pain.

Lower loading

Seems like the back will hold up. Pushed weights again today and had a really good session until my abs started cramping. Cramped on the adductor machine of all places. Go figure.

Hack - 540(+50)8(-4), 495*10(+2)
Hs SLDL - 490(+50)*10, 490(+50)*7(-1)
Adductor DC - 170*18(+2),9(+1),4

Cramped after the adductor DC set and took forever to work it out only for it to cramp again and again. Called it after that given I still had heavy quad work to do and I sure as fuck didn't want to cramp mid lunge or close stance leg press. I'll work quads and calves in somewhere.

Fucking destroyed legs today. Holy sheet.

Kept weights where they were last muscle round rotation here since I didn't pass any rep totals but had right at my 24 rep failure point on a couple movements.

REALLY trying to keep form perfect while pushing weights up. Since I've made it a point of keeping the weight on the outside of my heels for EVERYTHING my knee has been much much better. I was doing a lot of my pressing on the ball of my foot and this was putting load on the tendon, it's also a large reason my quads blew up this past year but my hamstrings didn't grow as well. Tweaking things so we keep moving.

Single leg press - 150*26(+2), 23

Seated hamstring curl (I leaned forward to do these today instead of sitting back, they're harder and I get a much bigger stretch) - 90(-20)*25, 22

Low close seated leg press - 210*25(+1), 22

Hypers (high incline, high pad, just squeezing the fuck out of glutes) - 12, 9

Cable Triceps extension - 22(+5)*23, 22

Had a kid come up and ask me if he could start training with me. He's there just about every day at the same time as I am. He's strong, very good base, trains hard from what I've seen and he's smart. Might pull him in on my next session.

Back