Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gym Rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Rep Points

Gym Rant

At my local gym today - training. Minding my own. Few people over at the dumbbell rack.

I go get my dumbbells and finish up my accessory work with some curls in front of the mirror. This soft, no definition, tattooed douche bag places his hand on my shoulder and puts me to the side slightly and says "you're in my way." At first I'm shocked he even had the nerve. I let it go because naturally I'm a hot head and won't hesitate to put you down. Not even 30 seconds later he purposely now goes to the dumbbells I moved over too and says "you're in my way again."

At this point I told him to watch his fucking mouth. Got so mad to the point I was close to knocking him out, so I reported it to staff and left the gym - jail and being kicked out of my gym is not worth someone's imaginary lat syndrome lol. The whole situation was absolutely uncalled for and mind blowing that there are adults at gyms still acting like this now a days.

Anyone else ever have any gym altercations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,129 Posts
    Rep Points

I usually don't have any interactions in the gym. I'm the scary guy people get out of the way off. I've actually been called a angry gorilla that looks like he eats people.. lmao. A guy told that to a buddy of mine in the locker room..
    I did have a issue with a douche bag one day. I was using the pec deck. After a set I usually pace around a little bit before my next set which is usually within a minute. I get up back turned and this wanna be big guy aka small man syndrome comes over and starts warming up on it.. I turn around and glare. So I said ok mfker I knew what he would be doing next I went over loaded up the machine and did a few sets...took a little bit of time too. He waited for me till I was done. I looked at him and gave a fuck you bitch look. Never had a issue again lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,431 Posts
    Rep Points

You did the right thing for sure. Guys like that definitely get dealt with one day. It just reminds me to treat others the way I want to be treated(especially when I want to punch their face to the back of their skull!). Bet his woman cheats on him for being a prick in general ! Karma

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    You did the right thing for sure. Guys like that definitely get dealt with one day. It just reminds me to treat others the way I want to be treated(especially when I want to punch their face to the back of their skull!). Bet his woman cheats on him for being a prick in general ! Karma

Max
    Man I couldn't agree any more with your comment in regards to the post. Not only does it show we are the bigger person, but it shows discipline as well which this fellow obviously didn't have. Thanks for the reassurance my brother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    I usually don't have any interactions in the gym. I'm the scary guy people get out of the way off. I've actually been called a angry gorilla that looks like he eats people.. lmao. A guy told that to a buddy of mine in the locker room..
    I did have a issue with a douche bag one day. I was using the pec deck. After a set I usually pace around a little bit before my next set which is usually within a minute. I get up back turned and this wanna be big guy aka small man syndrome comes over and starts warming up on it.. I turn around and glare. So I said ok mfker I knew what he would be doing next I went over loaded up the machine and did a few sets...took a little bit of time too. He waited for me till I was done. I looked at him and gave a fuck you bitch look. Never had a issue again lol
    Hahahah this is great. In terms of height I'm not the tallest, but I can promise you I was the toughest looking and hardest worker in that gym today. Which is why I knew the guy wasn't right in the head lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,431 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp55 View Post
    Man I couldn't agree any more with your comment in regards to the post. Not only does it show we are the bigger person, but it shows discipline as well which this fellow obviously didn't have. Thanks for the reassurance my brother.
    Totally! Experience and time taught me that way of thinking and reacting.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

In what way were you in his way? Were you up against the dumb bell rack, and he wanted dumb bells in front of you? When you moved, still against the rack, and now he wanted dumb bells from over there?

How did he react to your outburst?

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,511 Posts
    Rep Points

I just super kick everyone that’s in the gym as soon as I walk in.

no problems ever.

most of them are middle aged women but hey I wear the pants in that gym!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,129 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I just super kick everyone that’s in the gym as soon as I walk in.

no problems ever.

most of them are middle aged women but hey I wear the pants in that gym!!
    You would be the heartbreak kid... How predictable lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    In what way were you in his way? Were you up against the dumb bell rack, and he wanted dumb bells in front of you? When you moved, still against the rack, and now he wanted dumb bells from over there?

How did he react to your outburst?
    The problem was that he pinpointed me as compared to everyone else who was standing in the same area. I grabbed my DB's, stepped back an inch and started my set - he could have gone around but didn't. Then when I was the bigger man and just moved down the rack he purposely came My way again with his attitude and what he said to me. That point I told him to watch his mouth and he stopped talking and acting at that point. I brought myself to leave, but if he would've taken it a step further I would have been kicked out of the gym no doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Rep Points

U did good bro. sounds like the guy was targeting u for some reason. probably jealous and trying to get u banned. Most of the people @ my gym are very courteous,thoughtful, but there is an asshole in every crowd. there are some young guys that are way too loud, but i try to remember how i used to act. i did tell one of them(who caught me on a bad day) that if he didn't want to tell his buddies he got his ass whipped by a 56 yr. old, to chill the fuck out. I saw him today @ lunch. He said "let me know if u need a spot or anything." i just smiled and told him I was good.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,102 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp55 View Post
    The problem was that he pinpointed me as compared to everyone else who was standing in the same area. I grabbed my DB's, stepped back an inch and started my set - he could have gone around but didn't. Then when I was the bigger man and just moved down the rack he purposely came My way again with his attitude and what he said to me. That point I told him to watch his mouth and he stopped talking and acting at that point. I brought myself to leave, but if he would've taken it a step further I would have been kicked out of the gym no doubt.
    He was a dick and maybe I don’t fully grasp
    What you’re saying but I have to say it is a little annoying when someone gets their dbs and steps back an inch to do their set therefore blocking the entirety of that section of dbs.

Maybe I’m old school considerate but I always step back between the benches or just in front of one leaving the entire pathway in front of the db’s open for people to freely walk and choose what they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

I generally just ignore idiots in the gym. I wouldn't have moved though in your case. I would have told him to never touch me again and then act like he wasn't even there. The touching part is crossing the line. That may have been enough cause for you to jack him up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts
    Rep Points

now that I see this possible scenario, I do agree if you are blocking someone from getting weights, then yes you should move. Still, there should be no fucking touching. That would really piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    He was a dick and maybe I don’t fully grasp
    What you’re saying but I have to say it is a little annoying when someone gets their dbs and steps back an inch to do their set therefore blocking the entirety of that section of dbs.

Maybe I’m old school considerate but I always step back between the benches or just in front of one leaving the entire pathway in front of the db’s open for people to freely walk and choose what they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    940 Posts
    Rep Points

His tattoos didn’t scare you? LOL !! It’s funny how some people act as if tattoos make them tough. Unless they’re on there head. That has to hurt. Either way you did the right thing
    “Move over for a damage case”