• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

400 People Watch Boxer Live-Stream His Suicide on Facebook Live

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
400 People Watch Boxer Live-Stream His Suicide on Facebook Live

Despite being warned by dozens of users, the site did not shut down the broadcast in time.

A British boxer live-streamed his suicide on Facebook Live in front of hundreds of horrified viewers.

On Saturday Jonathan "Bazza" Bailey, 50, told followers '"I'm Going to Hang Myself Today" — before tragically following through on the threat.

More than 400 people were watching as the Staffordshire-based mental health campaigner hung himself, The Sun reported.

Despite many sending hurried warnings to Facebook about the immediate danger, it did not react quick enough to shut down the broadcast, only deleting the video afterwards.

By the time ambulances arrived, they found Bailey in critical condition; despite their best efforts to revive him, he died at the scene.

In a statement, the company said it had sent Bailey "support documents" after his suicidal post, but before he started the live-stream, acknowledging it "could do better".

"Our thoughts go out to Mr. Bailey’s family at this difficult time," a spokesperson said.

"We can confirm that the live-stream was deleted very soon after being posted and a further post has also now been removed at the family's request."

"We take the responsibility of keeping people safe on our platforms seriously, and we will continue to work closely with experts like The Samaritans to ensure our policies continue to support those in need."

Source: https://toofab.com/2020/07/13/livestream-suicide-facebook/

Attachments

• 7dec15b4b30b4ee98e926ac0ee0fb1f0_md.jpg
    7dec15b4b30b4ee98e926ac0ee0fb1f0_md.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 87
Why fucking do it on tv? Amateur hour shit. Me, I’ll rent a boat, get halfway across Tahoe, swing the chain and cement over the side, take a 180 grain dose, and let the boat go.

“Um, sorry mam, looks like an apparent drowning. We found the boat but...”

Back