• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2020 Monster Cycle

megatron_rulz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi all,

Wanted to share my upcoming Monster cycle as I do every year. Given my age (nearing 50), my years of cycling (12 or so), and results I received from heart tests, my cycle this year will be a first.

My intent is to maintain health and try to closely mimic what a TRT protocol would be like since that is my goal in the next 5 years. I’m cognizant that the dose I list below along with the Tbol is not TRT, but I want to gauge how well I react to a low dose cycle as I prepare for TRT. Perhaps if this cycle goes well, my next one may be even lower. Intent is to take as little as possible to get the results I want.

My history has been filled with long and high dose cycles of test (500-750mg a week for up to 24 weeks at a time), tren (400mg a week for up to 22 weeks), Winny (50-100mg a day for 5 weeks at the end) and either Dbol, Abombs, or Tbol to jump start at 50mg a day for first 4 weeks.

This years cycle is..........tada.....300mg of test-e a week for 12 weeks jump started by Tbol at 50mg a day for the first four weeks. That is it.

My goal is health and to add some lean mass. Given my years of use and my age, I can’t add on 25lbs like I did when I first started. I would be happy with 10lbs.

There is also another motivation. There was a famous study that analyzed men who used 300mgs of test vs 600mgs and there wasn’t much difference in results. I’d like to give that a try.

My diet will be pretty good as usual and I’ll be working out with weights 4x a week. Cardio will be 5-6x a week.

My questions,

1. I have always run HCG in the past. Should I with this low dose. Lots of support for use as well as detractors.
2. I have dbol, abombs, and Tbol to jump start and am set on Tbol. It isn’t monster though. Anyone think I should try one of the others.

My issue is that my bloods are fantastic. Artery calcium was the issue. Genetics plays a big role....and I’m sure my gear use didn’t help.

So, to the younger guys out there who think you are invincible and get blood work that looks good, you may not actually be. Get that heart checked. Look at all these guys dropping dead. Most are heart related from crazy nonstop AAS abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Following. At your age, I’d save the hcg and if you want to us at the end if you have atrophy. Otherwise TRT. Just MO

Max

Looks good , smart man.

I agree with Maxm on hcg and ill also pick Tbol out of the 3 options you have , its less toxic.

Could you share your diet and stats with us?

Nice safe cycle and I appreciate the encouragement to have our hearts checked via EKG, MRI etc. However, I don't think your results will be anywhere near what you probably acheived with the type of cycles you used to run, unless you have really good genetics and were essentially running way too much before. In that study, I thought the 600mg group gained more mass, but strength was similar?

Funny thing about getting older.. the beast has already been built. It doesn't take that much to get back to 85-90%. It may take an abstinence period to reset the system but the lower end stuff works like that after the beast has already been built. After 50 it's not chasing more size. It's about longevity and quality of life. Most of the younger guys won't get that until it's them... if they make it there. The older guys that are still in the gym and looking pretty good have made it to that point and not fucked up so badly that they are out of the game. That seems to be another thing lost by the young synthetic bulls.

Looks good , smart man.

I agree with Maxm on hcg and ill also pick Tbol out of the 3 options you have , its less toxic.

Sure thing.

47 years old
12+ years cycling (1x per year - cycles have ranged 12-26 weeks)
Compound experience - have used at various times - test, tren, deca, Monster's rip stack, a-bombs, winny, dbol, tbol, anavar, and clen (although clen is not a steroid). Won't use Anavar again (too expensive and didn't do much for me) and Deca (never ever again....Deca dick is real and needed two PCTs)
6'
Baseline weight - 205-208lbs
On cycle weight - about 222-225lbs
Primary body type - endo
Lifting for 27 years - seriously the last 12.
Heart issues on both sides of family but mild obesity is also common

Training 4x a week cardio 5-6 times a week with power walking

Lots of machines and cables now as joints flare up easily. Always pyramid as Lee Haney did.

Nice safe cycle and I appreciate the encouragement to have our hearts checked via EKG, MRI etc. However, I don't think your results will be anywhere near what you probably acheived with the type of cycles you used to run, unless you have really good genetics and were essentially running way too much before. In that study, I thought the 600mg group gained more mass, but strength was similar?

Thanks, that is what I want to find out. Let's say I add 15-17lbs on a 600mg test/400mg tren cycle and i "only" add 8lbs on a 300mg test cycle, I would be quite happy. Quality of life is what I am after and carrying all that mass around at my age is not beneficial long term.

In the study, the 300mg group gained about 12lbs of lean mass while the 600mg gained 19lbs. Strength didn't change as much. But the lipid profiles were much worse in the 600mg group. I'll take that tradeoff

Funny thing about getting older.. the beast has already been built. It doesn't take that much to get back to 85-90%. It may take an abstinence period to reset the system but the lower end stuff works like that after the beast has already been built. After 50 it's not chasing more size. It's about longevity and quality of life. Most of the younger guys won't get that until it's them... if they make it there. The older guys that are still in the gym and looking pretty good have made it to that point and not fucked up so badly that they are out of the game. That seems to be another thing lost by the young synthetic bulls.

Very true. I joined a new "hardcore" gym recently and was shocked by the young people (16-18 year olds) who show signs of AAS use/abuse. Tons of acne on their backs and very unlikely they got there naturally. Not to mention many look like garbage because their diet seem to suck. Their bodies so they can do what they want, but it may catch up with them at some point. Plus, I firmly believe that someone in their 30s who maxed out naturally and started using AAS will look much better in later years than someone who started in high school when the body is still developing. Because of the things you stated.

Looks good , smart man.

Oh as far as diet, I went back and researched an endomorph bodybuilder from the 70s called Steve Davis. His diet was primarily three meals a day with some snacks in between. That is what I will do.

It will be typical for me. Breakfast will be egg WHITES with lots of veggies or oatmeal with fruit. I have greek yogurt for in between meals. Lunch and dinner will be a lean meat (turkey, chicken or fish) in a salad or with brown rice and veggies. I'll likely just do 250 calories above maintenance. Gone are the days of 4500 calories. That would turn me into a fat ass at my age.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks, that is what I want to find out. Let's say I add 15-17lbs on a 600mg test/400mg tren cycle and i "only" add 8lbs on a 300mg test cycle, I would be quite happy. Quality of life is what I am after and carrying all that mass around at my age is not beneficial long term.

In the study, the 300mg group gained about 12lbs of lean mass while the 600mg gained 19lbs. Strength didn't change as much. But the lipid profiles were much worse in the 600mg group. I'll take that tradeoff

I hear ya. I'm sure you'll be able to rebuild quite a bit of previous mass on 300mg due to muscle memory, atleast as much as that dose will allow.

Ok. First day in the gym and weights seemed a little lighter. Could be that my joints felt better today or the Tbol kicking in but too early to state definitely. Test will take much longer to kick in liven I’m doing test-e.

one thing I am really struggling with is Clen. Monster Clen is strong af and I may have to give it up. Even at 40mcgs, I have the shakes most of the day and feel anxious. Maybe too old for that stuff and never handled it that great.

people asked me what has been my harshest substance I’ve done in my time....no question. Clen.

Uggggg I hear you on the clen bro. I have an open pack of monsters that I just can’t handle. Every once in a while I’ll feel brave and try 20-40mcg then put the pack away and say fuck that. It’s def strong stuff.

Yup, Clen fucks me up as well...

I pyramid up starting at 10mcg and work my way up to 40mcg.

2 weeks on , 2 weeks off

After nearly a week, no change in weight which isn’t a surprise. This is on 300mg of Test-E a week and 50mg of T-bol a day administered once a day in the morning. Also doing 40mcg of Clen which will end in 5 days. Only difference has been my resting heart rate which has increased from 60bpm to 90! Can’t wait to stop Clen but must follow through.

Strength has already increased however.

Last edited:
I just started a cycle. How often should I get my bloodwork done?

- - - Updated - - -

also, what is the best stack for cutting?

timelyshamelesskissingbug

I just started a cycle. How often should I get my bloodwork done?

- - - Updated - - -

also, what is the best stack for cutting?

1. I usually do 6 weeks into a cycle to check test levels and all important functions. A female hormone panel plus cholesterol is not expensive. And one about 6 weeks after PCT ends.

2. Please research as different compounds affect people differently. If you are 25% body fat, ripping via steroids doesn’t matter. You have work to do naturally. What are your stats? Age, bodytype, experience. Also, some of these ripping agents are quite toxic. Listen to Anabolic Doc or More Plates More Dates on YouTube.

Week 2 is in the books. So happy to be off Clen for now. Only up 1.5lbs. My weight fluctuates as much as 2lbs a week naturally so I cannot attribute the weight gain to my cycle. I’m not worried though. Strength, energy, and sex drive is up. Also some vascularity.

My diet is off due to the pandemic. Just can’t eat as much as I would like. Feel full more often.

Patience will be key here. Tbol is not a mass compound and my test is enanthate so it takes longer to produce results.

Get Shredded!
One side effect I always had running Tren was the damn shin pumps, which made cardio so damn hard. Well, they are back without Tren but I’ll push through. And yes, I am plenty hydrated.

This thread makes some good reading.

And yeah, one of my best mates took Clen whilst on cycle back in 2018. He has not touched it again....

Week 3 is in the books and the results are coming in. Up 8lbs from my baseline and 6.5lbs in the last week alone. Sex drive is way up as is endurance in the gym. However, I need to keep an eye on the poundage as my joints are hurting.

I have some orange tops from a while ago in the fridge that should last about 3 months at 3ius a day. Thoughts on incorporating?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Week 4 is in the books and no change in weight. Appetite is still out of whack. Can’t force myself to eat sometimes. Also, I have an increasing need for a Daily nap.

decided to incorporate 3ius of orange tops. Given that I won’t see the effects until AFTER this cycle ends, I won’t attribute any changes I experience to GH.

Had it on my goals to get a video clip of me incline benching 135lb dumbbells for 5 full reps. Looks unlikely as my joints hurt.

good thing is that shin pumps seem to have subsided.

A somewhat rough update. How do you feel mentally? Is your strength okay? Is the sore joints due to the increased strength and heavier weights? Hopefully the gh will at least stimulate your appetite. We have to get you eating to make those gains.

A somewhat rough update. How do you feel mentally? Is your strength okay? Is the sore joints due to the increased strength and heavier weights? Hopefully the gh will at least stimulate your appetite. We have to get you eating to make those gains.

feel great mentally and strength is good. Joints are from years of lifting. As stubborn as we are, we need to eventually adjust to lower weight and faster pace.

Time to donate some blood. Damn shin pumps have made cardio impossible. Also, my biceps were so pumped when working my back today that it was painful. That is on the agenda for next week. However, feeling much better since Tbol ended on Sunday.

Back