• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Favorite Way to Train?

IML Gear Cream!
I'm totally unorthodox and all over the place. Everything is done to failure or form breakdown. Sometimes I like to do heavy lifts, sometimes I do high reps with light weight and focus on crazy pumps. Other times I like to just do a lot of bodyweight exercises. Having it become structured and regimented would make it not fun anymore, and I enjoy every workout and hit most body parts every time. I'm kind of a free spirit and my approach to fitness reflects it. I just show up regularly and always have fun and always go hard. Like ill just be like "I feel like doing shoulders here" burn them up, move on to abs, repeat, move on to chest etc...no particular order and if something is sore I leave it alone for a week or two. Overall between the gym, work, home calisthenics, and lots of fun with my lady friends I have plenty of physical activity every day even if im only in the gym 2 or 3 days sometimes. Currently rocking a nice 6'3 202 lb lean strong body that drops the panties like fishing with dynamite 😆

Last edited:
Chest/shoulders, back, rear delts, arms/traps, legs. Cardio 30 min/5 days per week

Been mixing in some crossfit with my usual bodybuilding routine... seeing some good endurance now.

I do a lot of strength style training. Not as intense as I once did due to several injuries. The 3 big lifts. OHP isn't much of a priority anymore. I alternate doing the compound lifts at the beginning or end of workout every four weeks. Tons of volume in between

I've thought about throwing in some crossfit into the mix... right now I'll do a couple 5ks a week with heavy lifting. I also need to work more on flexibility bc I can tell I'm getting stiff!

American Ninja Warrior Style training would be cool. I am too heavy but; for lighter guys it would help with agility, speed, and endurance. I like traditional boxing training, I cannot do the ANW style, I’d break my neck! Lol

Max

Anterior, posterior, legs, repeat. I typically start with a compound movement using linear progression. The remainder is higher volume and higher reps (10-15). The split can be used if you like to train everyday. I’ve run it for several weeks without taking a day off but my normal is six days a week.

I train a little different every week. Learned this from a another powerlifter in my gym that wrecks shit. Also i do not break routine, might be because im full functioning autism. Im normal but have to have routines or else i feel i messed up everything and ill have a bad day or week .

Week 1: monday-sat. i warmup light 15 reps, pyramid up adding 25lbs each set and reps go down as i go heavier. Then when i get to a prime weight where i could do 5 reps i do 5 sets of that. I workout 2 muscle group a day

Week 2:mon- sat. i go high reps real low weight. 15 reps x 5 set for 2 muscle group a day

Week 3: tricking nerve/compound/power lift week or max week M,W,F rest until back to week 1 set. 15 reps really low weight for warm up. Then pyramid with 45lb plates for single rep until your comfortable doing 3 heavy reps, i do that for 3 sets. Then max for single rep. if im not that tired i try to do my max 2 sets. For nerve tricking like bench press. I add 25lbs more to both sides of bar when its already loaded with my max and lift the bar up and hold it up for 10 seconds without repping and rack it back. I do that 2 times then rest then remove 25lbs and lift my max.

U can apply that do squat. Just load up the bar heavy. Lifted it up walk out and stand for 5 seconds then rack it. OR load the weight just enough where u can sit ass to grass and pause rep 5-10 sec.Deadlift doesnt work for pause rep i use chains. I was taught that way and works wonders for me

Last edited:
Just getting back into it and running 5/3/1 with joker sets and first set last. On off days I'm rowing or shed hunting with my dog. I'm trying to cut down to below 200 for the first time since high school.

Back