• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

anyone learn a 2nd language?

Droosh

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
who here has learned a 2nd language in under a year. What was your method? straight up memorizing vocab.
or doing actual lessons? bring your experiences if you successfully learned a 2nd language after 18. no momma dada type of shit that teached you when you were a kid. or highschool classes bs. but 2nd language learning after your 18

Tagalog. 13 years of listening to the horse shit, I finally caught on.

English is actually my second language. I learned it in a year with Rosetta stone and hanging out with nothing but english speaking people which is honestly the best way to do it. That way you are forced to learn the language. I came to the US when i was 12 and middle school was kinda brutal for me by 8th grade i was already good enough with my English that I was at a 3.8 GPA on top ten of the entire school. Long story short, hanging out with the culture you are trying to learn is the best way. At least IME!!

Yep. Immersion.
I learned German in college. Can’t speak more than 10 words or a complete sentence anymore.
My Spanish is acceptable but because everyone speaks Henglish here, it barely improves. When I travel to the mainland my Spanish improves every day.
I understand Afrikaans and some Northern Sotho words because my wife speaks to me in those all the time.
Rosetta Stone is helpful but I bought the cheaper one, Loretta Stone, and now I sound like Peggy Hill speaking Spanish.

English. A little Russian. Very little German. A lil Spanish. Bunch of Ebonics. Also Cajun English. Hillbilly English

As others are saying.. immersion is unmatched. Get some foundation from the lessons and then be exposed to it on a regular basis.

I can speak functional Bahasa from a few years of intermittent Bali visits much better than I can speak the Spanish I’ve been trying to learn via software.

IML Gear Cream!
I wanted to learn Mandarin so when I went into a Chinese place to eat I could understand all the shit talking they are/could be doing about the people eating there lol.

After a somewhat successful beatbox career in the 80s I was able to pick up some Khoisan...but like they say, use it or lose it

I know and can speak 5. English, Spanish, Latin, Italian & German. I went to private school from kindergarten to 5th, and actually was taught French, but just basic words and and sentences. I dated a girl from the Philippines for 4 years, and actually could understand Tagalog. Couldn't speak it though. Whats really funny is actually ease dropping in on foreign peoples convos and find out they are talking about you in their language. The look on their faces is priceless when you talk back to them..

English is actually my second language. I learned it in a year with Rosetta stone and hanging out with nothing but english speaking people which is honestly the best way to do it. That way you are forced to learn the language. I came to the US when i was 12 and middle school was kinda brutal for me by 8th grade i was already good enough with my English that I was at a 3.8 GPA on top ten of the entire school. Long story short, hanging out with the culture you are trying to learn is the best way. At least IME!!

That's awesome!! same happened to my brother in law, left South Korea to get away from gangs, moved here got into a gang with me lol... but he learned English quick, his first 6 months were brutal. Our first conversations was like caveman level of communication....point....pat stomach for hungry HAHAH... He is a millionaire now though. He got the last laugh! I know Korean very well, but I rarely speak it though. 18 years of marriage and 2 years of dating will do that!!!

I know and can speak 5. English, Spanish, Latin, Italian & German. I went to private school from kindergarten to 5th, and actually was taught French, but just basic words and and sentences. I dated a girl from the Philippines for 4 years, and actually could understand Tagalog. Couldn't speak it though. Whats really funny is actually ease dropping in on foreign peoples convos and find out they are talking about you in their language. The look on their faces is priceless when you talk back to them..

That's impressive. I know some latin but not fluent, I understand Korean fluently but I only speak it well enough to get around...

That's impressive. I know some latin but not fluent, I understand Korean fluently but I only speak it well enough to get around...

do you find French people annoying?

asking for a friend.....

After a somewhat successful beatbox career in the 80s I was able to pick up some Khoisan...but like they say, use it or lose it
We all thought we were the shit beat boxing and playing hackeysack!!! to be young again

asking for a friend.....

Quoted wrong person. Dude that went to private school.

my friend can’t stand French people... he says they are super fucking weak... cheese eating surrender monkey pussy duck boys.

I tend to agree.

french people are fucking annoying

asking for a friend.....

The people themselves...or the language.... the language itself I am not fond of, it is irritating, I think because it sounds so "weak", maybe not the right word, French people themselves are mostly okay. Never had any issues.

The people themselves...or the language.... the language itself I am not fond of, it is irritating, I think because it sounds so "weak", maybe not the right word, French people themselves are mostly okay. Never had any issues.

french people .... most of Europe is weak. French people are the root.

weak roots.

they annoy my friend more than...... more than Antifa... wait.... antifa is a French movement... well... frenchies are fucking weak..

according to my friend

Get Shredded!
Iv been learning sign language with my 3 yr old daughter... I got these baby or kid dvds she watch and learn from and really I sit and watch with her and learn also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoted wrong person. Dude that went to private school.

my friend can’t stand French people... he says they are super fucking weak... cheese eating surrender monkey pussy duck boys.

I tend to agree.

french people are fucking annoying
What’s worse than a Canadian?

A French Canadian.

I guess I could learn another, but Im old now and dont really need to speak all them anymore. Just when needed. If I did decide to learn more, it would prob be
arabic and Chinese.

English is actually my second language. I know I am not a guru of it yet, but I try to make efforts to achieve my goal and become a fluent speaker. I read a lot of educational articles dedicated to English grammar and vocabulary. Here is one of them. If you are also interested, you can take a look.

English. A little Russian. Very little German. A lil Spanish. Bunch of Ebonics. Also Cajun English. Hillbilly English
What goodie yo
I gotz to axe u a questun.
Were u learnt ur ebonics?
Hookedon phonix?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Not trying to discrete you or talk you out of learning a second language, but of you are not exposed to others that speak it, or interact with a group, you will have a very difficult time progressing. You can learn basics with no issues, but it's like anything, if you don't use it, you lose it. The brain has a mechanism much like muscle memory. You need to use it in order to progress. I wish shit was like Matrix where you could download something and you know it for life.

I learned how to sign in my very early years because of my hearing loss, I wasn't around it much or practiced it to stay refreshed and I forget most of it now.

Not trying to discrete you or talk you out of learning a second language, but of you are not exposed to others that speak it, or interact with a group, you will have a very difficult time progressing. You can learn basics with no issues, but it's like anything, if you don't use it, you lose it. The brain has a mechanism much like muscle memory. You need to use it in order to progress. I wish shit was like Matrix where you could download something and you know it for life.

I learned how to sign in my very early years because of my hearing loss, I wasn't around it much or practiced it to stay refreshed and I forget most of it now.

If you don’t use it , you’ll lose it. I should have brushed up on my francais , I am going to Quebec for 4 working days. At least it is not too cold. I can get by with my Spanish(I speak SoCal Mexico style Spanish: not the Spain style) and some dutch (enough to get dates and order food) , I comprehend pretty well one on one. Learning Spanish helps in Italy too.

Max

french people .... most of Europe is weak. French people are the root.

weak roots.

they annoy my friend more than...... more than Antifa... wait.... antifa is a French movement... well... frenchies are fucking weak..

according to my friend. I can tell you that a lot of individuals are currently translating documentation, for instance, into Irish Gaelic. It was quite difficult for me to discover a document that had been translated because so many translators either do it poorly or not at all. This is why I'm so happy I came upon the english to irish translation . Now, if you must, you can do so without any problems or difficulties. Good luck.
It's already a bit racist to be honest =)

Back