• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Who has stopped smoking ?

ROID

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How did you do it ?

No, I'm not asking for myself. Nicotine is the one thing that makes me insanely sick.

How did you do it ?

No, I'm not asking for myself. Nicotine is the one thing that makes me insanely sick.

Hard candy worked for me whenever I was craving a cig I’d have a jolly rancher or a lifesaver instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quit cold turkey after 30 years. Cravings never go away.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Only 6 months. Had to quit drinking at the same time!

Someone I know who quit over 2 decades ago took a small pull from one and hasnt stopped sense.

Nasty smelly habit.

- - - Updated - - -

Only 6 months. Had to quit drinking at the same time!

That's goes hand in hand for a lot of people.

How did I quit smoking? Which time?

I literally tried everything at one point or another. Last time (and that one that has worked) I got the prescription that was all the rage at the time, but I don't remember which one it was...maybe chantix? I also used an inhaler/puffer deal. Went to the gum after that. And haven't quit the gum...been 14 years now I think. But hey, at least I'm not smoking and the docs never bat an eye when I say I'm using the gum.

Vaping seems to be all the rage now for quitting smoking.

Everyone I know that vapes had the idea that it would take the place of smoking. Now they just use the vape indoors or when they are somewhere they are not allowed to smoke. Doubled their habit.

I guess its an exaggeration to say everyone but at least 75%.

Vaping was a well thought out plan.

Everyone I know that vapes had the idea that it would take the place of smoking. Now they just use the vape indoors or when they are somewhere they are not allowed to smoke. Doubled their habit.

Long term use is still in question for sure. Then they had the recent oil issues being contaminated and causing problems. I'm dubious how much "healthier" it really is, but some swear by it.

I will say, I've seen a few people successfully do it. They just started cutting back how much nic they were mixing in it until it was zero and then quit. Smoking is tough to quit. People go through rehab to quit all kinds of drugs and alcohol, but still smoke. It's tough.

I put my big boy pants on, made the decision, and stopped. Thats the short answer.

The longer softer answer is I learned to recognize impulsive emotional urges originating out of the id as they happened and I trained my superego to overpower the desire for the nicotine high by quickly bringing into my consciousness the reasons I want to abstain.

In my humble opinion, and keep in mind Im a certified moron, any attempts to stop by replacing the addiction (dip, snuss, vaping, nicotine gum, etc.) are doomed to failure. You haven't addressed the core issue. I believe the core issue is that habitual and addictive need for a mood lift. Its the exact same thing that junkies go through on a much less destructive scale. It's why suboxone and methadone have such shit outcomes for junkies. Learn to get comfortable being a little on edge. Its not the end of the world. Within a few months you'll hardly miss it.

Here has been my progression over the past few years.

Cigarettes --> vaping --> swedish snus --> tobacco free nicotine pouches.

Baby steps.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

For me what worked was to stop smoking weed. I was taught that smoking a cigarette after getting high would make it more exhilarating and it usually did. Oddly I never got hooked because if I wasn't high I didn't need one.

I stopped smoking cigarettes and switched to vaping almost two years ago although i am a vape douche now the pros are that it doesnt stink like cigs and i can actually breathe and do cardio without feeling like im going to die but one of the cons Is that i vape probably more than i smoked cigarettes its almost became like my pacifier shitt half the time i fall asleep with it in my hand lmfao

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Nicotine is out of your body after 2 weeks so after that time you don't actually suffer from cravings, your body just misses that routine or maybe it's that first cup of coffee in the morning with a smoke or winding down after a hard day. You have to retrain your body to replace those events with something positive like working out or running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

COLD Fuck'en Turkey .....10 yrs Ago....I will bum one every so often to make sure ahahah and they are Nasty AF !....But I will say this. I had to stop drinking as well...I believe once I have 4/5 drinks I will smoke a Fuck'en Pack....I smoked from 16/17 until 35 yrs old Marlboro Red's The whole Time...
I just got tired of my Lungs feeling like shit. But that's how I am.....I just flip shit like a Light switch .....I was Done. Now I can smell a Smoker from 10 feet away.....lol

Get Shredded!
I stopped cold turkey in 2009. I was dating a girl and tried to give her a kiss one night and she pulled away. She said she hated it when I kissed her after smoking. This was 3 months into our relationship. I asked if she wanted me to quit and she said yes. I crumbled up my pack of cigs and threw them in the trash and never looked back. The first couple of weeks were tough, but you just have to stay focused and aware. After about a month, the only time I had cravings is when I had some drinks and smelled someone else smoking. Now they make me sick to smell and I find them repulsing.

I stopped cold turkey in 2009. I was dating a girl and tried to give her a kiss one night and she pulled away. She said she hated it when I kissed her after smoking. This was 3 months into our relationship. I asked if she wanted me to quit and she said yes. I crumbled up my pack of cigs and threw them in the trash and never looked back. The first couple of weeks were tough, but you just have to stay focused and aware. After about a month, the only time I had cravings is when I had some drinks and smelled someone else smoking. Now they make me sick to smell and I find them repulsing.

Man's greatest motivator...pussy.

Man's greatest motivator...pussy.

Agreed. I quit smoking like 10 years ago, but replaced it with Copenhagen. I just quit Cope cold turkey 3 months ago. I don't crave it anymore, but it took my wife threatening divorce to do it. And my wifey is a peach that I won't let go of.

Agreed. I quit smoking like 10 years ago, but replaced it with Copenhagen. I just quit Cope cold turkey 3 months ago. I don't crave it anymore, but it took my wife threatening divorce to do it. And my wifey is a peach that I won't let go of.

Wow...divorce? I always wondered if we flipped that shit on them and said they had to give up chocolate what would happen.

you ever try skoal peach? Fucking great! I should quit, but I enjoy it. So wtf?!? Lol

id choose a dip over my “peach” so she knows not to threaten haha

I smoked a carton a week for almost twenty years. I quit cold turkey, chewed gum like a motherfucker. Its been probably 8 years. I think about it every morning on the way to work

Its all about will power

Last edited:

I quit smoking with vape, and it only took a half a pack of cigs to get there. Haven't smoked one since. I do still vape though

Back