• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why Men Use Steroids - NIDA Research: 32% Dependence?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

In this video I review NIDA’s report on why men use steroids and other appearance and performance enhancing drugs. It’s great to see the National Institute on Drug Abuse recognizing many of the reasons men use steroids, as well as the fact that the majority of steroid users are non-athletes. There are some aspects I see in my practice that NIDA doesn’t cover, which I also cover in this video. One of their key findings is that many men experience depression after using steroids, which can lead them to start again and become dependent. Hopefully this is the start of more people (and doctors!) recognizing the need for compassionate care for men who have used steroids.

https://youtu.be/sf465yj1cSs

it's a viscous cycle(circle) but i would think as long as u stayed @ least on a decent trt dose of test. u could maybe avoid most of the depression, if not all? the only time ive ever had any serious dep. was years ago just going cold turkey. back then we didnt know what pct. was.(im talking in the eighties here) so...... also talking about going from serious dosages to zero. hopefully w/ all the things at our desposal now, we can avoid most of this.

it's a viscous cycle(circle) but i would think as long as u stayed @ least on a decent trt dose of test. u could maybe avoid most of the depression, if not all? the only time ive ever had any serious dep. was years ago just going cold turkey. back then we didnt know what pct. was.(im talking in the eighties here) so...... also talking about going from serious dosages to zero. hopefully w/ all the things at our desposal now, we can avoid most of this.

I was in the same era. I don't remember depression. I remember thinking jebbus the muscle just falls off. But back then people cycled and the pros weren't all 250 - 300 lbs on stage. I remember going off after 3 years of cycle snad it took over a year to recover completely as far as traning, and hormones. This turns it into a vicious cycle because almost no one these days would go off for as long as it takes to go back to normal. Once I got back to normal I definitely looked natural but probably held onto about 20 lbs, which was probably close to what my natural potential would have been. After another 3 year stint I went off for 10 years. Same kind of thing. Took about a year to get back to normal. I still go off for 1-2 months and at close to 60 it sucks. Now I get brain fog and some anxiety when the crash comes. But at this point TRT is fine. Just go of from time to time to keep it working.

I use steroids because my genetics are straight garbage and I wanted fast results. I continue to use roids because I fucking love them. I like the way they make me look and feel. I love the way they improve my workouts. I love working out and steroids make that even more enjoyable. I love the way that they improve my sex life as well. Too many benefits to stop.

Women color their hair. Do their nails. Get fake tits. Whatever the fuck...

Guys want to look good too beyond their normal genetics. So steroids are sometimes the answer.

If they had a pill for making your cock bigger it would be a sell out.

If I could get a dick implant I’d do that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use steroids because my genetics are straight garbage and I wanted fast results. I continue to use roids because I fucking love them. I like the way they make me look and feel. I love the way they improve my workouts. I love working out and steroids make that even more enjoyable. I love the way that they improve my sex life as well. Too many benefits to stop.

Agreed

I was born with great genetics, but always wanted an extra edge. I started with Winnie when I was wrestling in high school, to full out proper cycles through 20 years in sof. Then with powerlifting, it's always about the extra pound. I stopped cold turkey on March 17th due to covid. Worst mistake I ever made. Should of stayed on a trt dose of test and decca reguardless. Depression was unreal, I went back on t 8 weeks later. Life is better now because shit is back in order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I use, because why not?

I'm 41, been going at it since I was like 16? I love training - it's pretty much all I have besides family and work.

I don't do much else, or go out.

If I was into baseball, I'd buy baseball shit, or if I ran, I'd buy running shit.

In this video I review NIDA’s report on why men use steroids and other appearance and performance enhancing drugs. It’s great to see the National Institute on Drug Abuse recognizing many of the reasons men use steroids, as well as the fact that the majority of steroid users are non-athletes. There are some aspects I see in my practice that NIDA doesn’t cover, which I also cover in this video. One of their key findings is that many men experience depression after using steroids, which can lead them to start again and become dependent. Hopefully this is the start of more people (and doctors!) recognizing the need for compassionate care for men who have used steroids.

Is that YOU in the vid?

IML Gear Cream!
That's Dr. Thomas O'Connor, and I worked with him when he was in my State a few years ago.

He's def one of the better well educated endo's and he also is a Powerlifter.

I heard he moved his practice to FL. Prob bc the FDA and DEA were giving him grief here even though he was 10000% legal.

Scumbags...

I was born with great genetics, but always wanted an extra edge. I started with Winnie when I was wrestling in high school, to full out proper cycles through 20 years in sof. Then with powerlifting, it's always about the extra pound. I stopped cold turkey on March 17th due to covid. Worst mistake I ever made. Should of stayed on a trt dose of test and decca reguardless. Depression was unreal, I went back on t 8 weeks later. Life is better now because shit is back in order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

God, I miss being able to compete, I loved wrestling in high school. I always had a natural strength advantage for my size,got that from my father but still got cheated compared to him(true top 3% genetics) He kept getting stronger and bigger until old age and then Cancer got him. I remember I cross faced this guy so hard I broke his nose, he got made and threw an upward forearm punch type thingy(it was awkward looking) and connected and broke my nose. We both had Tampons in our noses, but to our credit we finished the match on points and I lost by 2 points. He got a nice reversal like 15 seconds before the clock was out. I gassed, I couldn't breath right due to the freaking tampon up my nose...They fouled us both and planned on disqualifying us but it was a lot more lenient back then, coaches and officials gave a us stern warning...lol

All I can say is I was depressed before I started and Now I feel like a million bucks. They do not let women suffer like this, why should we as men suffer.

The anabolic Doc is a good guy all his videos are really good, he really breaks down the pros and cons of just about each and every anabolic compound there is, and he’s very humble about it no sarcastic Bullshit... and the guy is a power lifter so he knows the game and the sport and he respects the bro science and encourages feedback and info from people like ourselves anyhow it’s good shit check it out on YouTube The anabolic Doc

The anabolic Doc is a good guy all his videos are really good, he really breaks down the pros and cons of just about each and every anabolic compound there is, and he’s very humble about it no sarcastic Bullshit... and the guy is a power lifter so he knows the game and the sport and he respects the bro science and encourages feedback and info from people like ourselves anyhow it’s good shit check it out on YouTube The anabolic Doc

Just looked at some of his vids.

Looks good. Thx for recommending.

Back