• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

interpreting lab results

bluedogg

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I got a blood test. It was for total test: 799 ng/dL which is at the top of the lab range.(Quest)
I did a saliva test from ZRT labs. They measure free test. The result was 128 pg/ml
I was trying to compare to the sticky post above which says normal range about 300-1100 ng/dL
Well, I guess thats total. Free would be about 20%. When I convert my free result 128 pg/ml to ng/dL
I get 12.8 ng/dL. That seems weird.
ZRT labs shows my level to be above normal for age group. In fact it shows with a graph
that the average for 20 year olds is about 128 pg/ml. This doesn't add up.
Any suggestions on how to interpret this?
Thanks,
bluedogg

If I am understanding your post, your math is wrong at 12.8. That would be 10% of 128. 20% of 128 is 25.6.

We have no idea what you are asking. Are you on anything? Are you measuring natural test? Tell us the background.

If you are at 799 you are just fine without adding anything. Also, what is it you hope to achieve?

The 20% was wrong , the first post in this section says normal total test is 300 to 1100 ng/dL.
And free test is about 5% of that, it varies. The 12.8 is from converting pg/ml to ng/dL. My total
looks fine but you don't know free. That's the important one. That's why I got the saliva for free test
and estradiol. The labs from my Dr didn't have free or estradiol as a choice. I wanted a baseline
before starting again. I've been off for a while. I was taking 300mg/month. That seems about right
for me. The plan is to start again and then retest after a while. So, 5% of 300 is 15 ng/dl. Maybe the conversion
was right. Saliva is an inexpensive alternative to Dr prescribed blood test. It didn't want to use them as I
have to pay out of pocket, but I got the right tests and don't like going to Dr anyway. Despite the level,
I feel better when I'm on test.
bluedogg

Back